List Mgmt. Playing List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

robbieando

Oct 9, 2001
Spitting Bars
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 08-APR-2021)

36 players Senior Listed and 7 players Rookie Listed (5 Cat A players and 2 Cat B players)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies.

Contract Expires - 2021:
Joel Amartey
James Bell
Kaiden Brand
Malachy Carruthers (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Ryan Clarke
Jordan Dawson
Robbie Fox (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
William Gould
Sam Gray (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
George Hewett
Josh Kennedy
Matthew Ling
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Barry O'Connor (Cat B Rookie - International)
Colin O'Riordan
Luke Parker
Sam Reid
Ben Ronke
Marc Sheather (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
Callum Sinclair
Dylan Stephens
Sam Wicks (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)

Contract Expires - 2022:
Braeden Campbell
Harry Cunningham
Oliver Florent
Lance Franklin
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Jake Lloyd
Logan McDonald
Justin McInerney
Sam Naismith
Dane Rampe
Lewis Taylor

Contract Expires - 2023:
Tom Hickey
Lewis Melican
Callum Mills
Tom Papley
Chad Warner
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2024:
Nick Blakey
Will Hayward
James Rowbottom

Last edited:

rustycrate

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it's a valid concern with McLean. He would be looking at the first month of 2021 so far and thinking this is how it's gonna be for him for the next two years. In and out, in and out, with no continuity. He could wait around for injuries, but why would he? He was a popular junior so will already be on the recruiters radars, not helped at all by the fact every second or third week the team line-ups will read, "H. McLean (omitted)".
I will just say that that is possibly the worst post of your career. I should laugh but I want to cry.

rustycrate

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Gee whiz settle down, I've had some shockers.
Hehe. We have as Swans supporters the most exciting team ever and I am trying to defend why players, who might not be getting a gig, might leave this team.
Multiple posters looking at the negatives after 3 rounds. Oh Stephens will leave. Oh McClean will leave. Give me a break.
This team could be anything. People on here have said Hayward will leave. It is funny. The first smell of success and everyone wants to be the guy that said I told why it isn't so.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hehe. We have as Swans supporters the most exciting team ever and I am trying to defend why players, who might not be getting a gig, might leave this team.
Multiple posters looking at the negatives after 3 rounds. Oh Stephens will leave. Oh McClean will leave. Give me a break.
This team could be anything. People on here have said Hayward will leave. It is funny. The first smell of success and everyone wants to be the guy that said I told why it isn't so.
I like your good faith and I can't get mad at you because of your picture. All I will say is that everyone supports in different ways, some are worry warts and others like to set their expectations super low so they don't get disappointed. As long as we're all supporting it doesn't make a difference to me. It's a good conversation subject anyway.

rustycrate

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I like your good faith and I can't get mad at you because of your picture. All I will say is that everyone supports in different ways, some are worry warts and others like to set their expectations super low so they don't get disappointed. As long as we're all supporting it doesn't make a difference to me. It's a good conversation subject anyway.
I like your posts. No argument from me unless I disagree.

But most should be more positive!! We are on a wave. Do'nt be careful. Be brave.

lollol

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
NT
AFL Club
Sydney
Mate, I feel like we robbed a bank in the last few drafts.

It only natural that we fear, we will lose all our hard earned. :p

Kiama Chris

Club Legend
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SGBeach

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Someone said he had bulked up a fair bit in the off season, perhaps as much as 10kg. If so, that could really disturb your running mechanics, balance and so on.
When drafted he was listed as 69kg on the Swans website.. In a Swans video during 2021 pre-season while chatting with Parker, Stephens said 'he weighed 79kg'
So hes put on 10 kg over the first 12 months at the club. probably quite normal (and good) for a player his age and size coming into a professional sporting environment.
I read somewhere that he's working on a couple of things in his game. I read that in a way that the Swans thought of him as a very long term player at the club and were taking this opportunity (which has come from an injury free list) to hone/perfect his game. Im not worried when 1st and 2nd year players are playing in the reserves.. there are plenty of examples of elite players who start their career at 20yo rather than 18yo.
Reckon he'll be playing seniors pretty soon..
also, a massive fan of the new reserves comp - better comp to develop in.

SGBeach

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd say Stephens is a flight risk. Pick 5. Still hasn't signed an extension, stuck in reserves. Attractive mid for the crows.
went to high school in SA.. grew up on the Murray (i think), parents still live there, sister lives in Newcastle.
His home is equidistant from Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne..
Swans are working through contracts now, I dont see him as any more of a flight risk than anyone else

drasticswans

Debutant
Oct 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
A return of loyalty plus backup for Hickey (next year). I suspect Cal is fully cooked and won't be re-signed. He'll probably ease out through the ressies, maybe helping mentoring the VFL contracted players.
Interestingly i saw Callum Sinclair outside the SCG last thursday part way through the second quarter. I was just very late for the game. I'm not sure why he didnt stay to watch the game. Seemed very strange.

Remove this Banner Ad