List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Following on from AG great thread which can be read in full here

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/contract-status.929073/

Will update contract statuses when they occur, plus include rules regarding List's, Rookie Lists, the salary cap and the upcoming CBA

With the change of List Sizes and the Salary Cap for the remainder of the CBA, most the current information below is out of date and will be updated when available

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
List Rules

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies.

From the 2021 Season Both Cat A and Cat B Rookies can be selected for Senior matches without needing to be promoted to the Senior List

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Total Player Payments Limit 2023 - 2027

2023 - $15,022,778
2024 - $15,788,222
2025 - $17,761,999
2026 - $18,293,194
2027 - $18,440,415

Additional Services Agreement Limit 2023 - 2027

2023 - $1,267,304
2024 - $1,267,304
2025 - $1,267,304
2026 - $1,267,304
2027 - $1,267,304

Last edited:

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Fyfe 2023? Done deal right? :D

Cheers, Guys. This thread is one of the best of its kind on BF.

Lakeside Swan

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2015
Getting f'd over big time by the AFL.
AFL Club
Sydney

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Id say the following will be gone at the end of the year
Davis
Melican
T Richards
McGlynn
Hiscox
Derickx
Maybe Robinson

If im not mistaken we can then add 8 to the list if required? That is of course we let go of 6 players as I suggested.

Id say the following will be gone at the end of the year
Davis
Melican
T Richards
McGlynn
Hiscox
Derickx
Maybe Robinson

If im not mistaken we can then add 8 to the list if required? That is of course we let go of 6 players as I suggested.

Robinson? He's midfield depth. As far as i'm concerned we need as many mids as possible even if they're running around in the NEAFL. We completely overlook our midfield but take out JPK, Parker, Hanners or even Jack and we aren't the same. With Mitchell possibly leaving, the onus will be on guys like Robinson, Foote, Hewett etc to potentially fill the void.

Doubt Davis will be delisted. He has talent and potential but might take some time getting there.

Robinson definitely not! He was in our best team til his injury.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Robinson? He's midfield depth. As far as i'm concerned we need as many mids as possible even if they're running around in the NEAFL. We completely overlook our midfield but take out JPK, Parker, Hanners or even Jack and we aren't the same. With Mitchell possibly leaving, the onus will be on guys like Robinson, Foote, Hewett etc to potentially fill the void.
I said maybe.... obviously you take out 4 of any sides best midfielders youre not going to be anywhere near the same...I can tell you Robinson ain't fixing that if for some reason jpk hanners parker and Jack were not playing.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Doubt Davis will be delisted. He has talent and potential but might take some time getting there.

Robinson definitely not! He was in our best team til his injury.
Thars good news re Davis, I really liked him as a junior bit have not seen much of him in our ressies. Whats he been doing positional wise?

He's literally played everwhere.

Was a midfield last year both inside and outside, pinch hit a bit in the ruck. Started in the forwards this year and but then went back, eseentially doing a swap with Xavier before his injury.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
He's literally played everwhere.

Was a midfield last year both inside and outside, pinch hit a bit in the ruck. Started in the forwards this year and but then went back, eseentially doing a swap with Xavier before his injury.

Almost exactly 12 months ago Aliir signed a one year extension based on not a hell of a lot and a lot of us were surprised. You think a one year extension for Davis along the same lines is the most likely scenario?

I said maybe.... obviously you take out 4 of any sides best midfielders youre not going to be anywhere near the same...I can tell you Robinson ain't fixing that if for some reason jpk hanners parker and Jack were not playing.

One day he could though. I recall not being overly impressed by JPK but now he's a gun. I'd like to see some of our young mids backed to follow that path

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Yay Gaz. Has definitely benefited from a relatively clean run in the second half of the year
So much for those rumors he's off to geelong and we would trade him this year :rolleyes:

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
That's great news to see the red flash resign. One of those players that makes watching the swans so enjoyable. I still think there's plenty of improvement to come for Gary if he can stay fit and get continuity. He looked very pleased to have resigned in the interview. Couldn't keep the smile off his face which is great to see. I've really noticed that the players seem to be enjoying playing together and the camaraderie appears to be very high. I think the injection of youth has added to that plus a few young fellas playing for the club they've always supported can't hurt.

Back