List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
That's not what I said at all.

It all depends on your willingness to enforce your rights under the contract.

A club could easily get a remedy that forces the player to stay.
There are implied terms in employment contracts. Trust can be one such term. Do the players really trust the coach to send them out on the field with a winning game strategy and that the current game plan can win a premiership? Probably not.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
There are implied terms in employment contracts. Trust can be one such term. Do the players really trust the coach to send them out on the field with a winning game strategy and that the current game plan can win a premiership? Probably not.
Against Gold Coast he sent them out with a game plan that had them 30 points up & cruising at quarter time.
Then I believe the player's trust in each other wasn't there. The coach is responsible most definitely, but how do you explain our team having the hardest draw & beating all comers away from the SCG, yet be so insipid in comparison at the SCG.
I personally don't buy it that it's the coach sorry connolly, though I respect your opinion.

Assuming you could imply such a term into a contract....

If you did then you could also imply a term that the player will play his or her best EVERY GAME.

Would players sign a contract that includes an implied term that they will always play their best? No.

Cameron and Dawson at risk of getting the chop next year if they don't significantly improve in the off-season. Dawson is slower than a wet week, while Cameron is 10kg too light.
I think Dawson is the obvious replacement for JPK.

As with most ruckmen, I'd expect Cameron to take time to develop. I don't think he'd be too far off course at this stage (smashing NEAFL at the least).

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
I think Dawson is the obvious replacement for JPK.

As with most ruckmen, I'd expect Cameron to take time to develop. I don't think he'd be too far off course at this stage (smashing NEAFL at the least).
He'll be 24 next year, already past that point where age is an excuse. Dawson should get a crack in the midfield, but boy he lacks pace.

He'll be 24 next year, already past that point where age is an excuse. Dawson should get a crack in the midfield, but boy he lacks pace.
Well good thing for Dawso that we've built our side around a few plodders over the years...

Jude wasn't very quick. Neither is JPK. Kirky was pretty much an anchor. Parker not slow, but also not super quick. Hanners could gut run but speed off the mark isn't something I associated with him either... I think Dawso will be fine.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
I note that in this thread Callum Sinclair is listed as expiring in 2020, but there isn't a link to a story confirming that.

I saw this list in the Age this week that had him expiring at the end of this season: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ontract-at-your-afl-club-20181007-p5088l.html
It says that on FootyWire too: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to-sydney-swans

Any confirmation about what his contract actually is? I imagine he is extended beyond this off-season or we would have heard more about it.

I note that in this thread Callum Sinclair is listed as expiring in 2020, but there isn't a link to a story confirming that.

I saw this list in the Age this week that had him expiring at the end of this season: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ontract-at-your-afl-club-20181007-p5088l.html
It says that on FootyWire too: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to-sydney-swans

Any confirmation about what his contract actually is? I imagine he is extended beyond this off-season or we would have heard more about it.

People who know have told me his contract expires in 2020. 5 year deal with the trade, on a extension onto his WCE contract.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
People who know have told me his contract expires in 2020. 5 year deal with the trade, on a extension onto his WCE contract.

Cheers, I tried to find some article anywhere that said anything about it but nothing and I'm sure if he was off-contract right now we would be hearing plenty about it considering some of the ruck movementas and his much improved performance this year.

Risnjak

Draftee
Oct 19, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, just wondering what the current contract situation that Robbie Fox is in at the moment? I followed him quite a bit in the VFL and enjoyed his footy before he got drafted to Sydney. I haven't heard his name for some time and thought some people here might know some information

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys, just wondering what the current contract situation that Robbie Fox is in at the moment? I followed him quite a bit in the VFL and enjoyed his footy before he got drafted to Sydney. I haven't heard his name for some time and thought some people here might know some information

Still contracted...until October 31.

Back