List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-07/exclusive-three-more-years-for-all-australian-swan

"He said seeing so many new faces on the track was exciting, but at the same time, he has struggled coming to terms with the absence of good mate and three-time All Australian Dan Hannebery, who was traded to St Kilda over summer.
"It's pretty different and a little bit upsetting to be honest," he said.

"I was very close with Dan, but at the end of the day I guess that’s footy and that’s the industry we're in. "You've got to move on and that’s the harsh reality.

The view towards contracts and the rookie list could have changed somewhat.

Previously if you were on the rookie list you had to be promoted to play a senior game.

Now for Cat A rookies that has changed.

If you were to sign a “rookie contract” before you were consigning yourself to needing outside influence to play senior football. Now you can just play if selected.

Therefore Ronke could well have signed a 2 year contract with whatever wage conditions, provided they meet the AFL minimum. To Ronke it is somewhat immaterial which list he is on because he can play anyway. For the Swans, there are salary cap benefits of having a player who will otherwise play senior football listed on the rookie list.

For the 4th year he won’t be able to be listed on the rookie list anymore due to rules preventing that, so a senior spot will need to be freed up for him, however given the playing ability of a rookie has changed, it may well now be possible to have a contract that allows a player to transition between the rookie and senior list at the appropriate time as from Ronkes position, there isn’t much difference.

It just occurred to me that front ending a rookie contract thereby using the discount for TPP and allowing a lower wage in the year he must be upgraded would be good swans shenanigans......

SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 26-Mar-2019)

Contract Expires - 2019:
Joel Amartey (Cat A Rookie - 2nd Year)
James Bell (Cat B Rookie - 2nd Year)
Darcy Cameron
Harry Cunningham
Jordan Dawson
Robbie Fox
Heath Grundy
Kieren Jack
Zak Jones
Jack Maibaum (Long Term Injury List)
Hayden McLean (Cat A Rookie - Maibaum Replacement)
Jarrad McVeigh
Daniel Menzel
Colin O'Riordan
Toby Pink (Cat A Rookie - 3rd Year)
Harry Reynolds (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
James Rose
Nick Smith
Kurt Tippett (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year - WON'T PLAY)
Durack Tucker (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
Sam Wicks (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)

Contract Expires - 2020:
Ryan Clarke
Oliver Florent
Zac Foot
George Hewett
Will Hayward
Josh Kennedy
Matthew Ling
Justin McInerney
Lewis Melican
Tom Papley
Ben Ronke
James Rowbottom
Ryley Stoddart
Jackson Thurlow
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2021:
Aliir Aliir
Tom McCartin
Sam Naismith
Luke Parker
Sam Reid
Callum Sinclair

Contract Expires - 2022:
Nick Blakey
Lance Franklin
Issac Heeney
Jake Lloyd
Dane Rampe

Contract Expires - 2023:
Callum Mills

Im struggling to find more than 5 or 6 players we should care about keeping when looking who is out of contract at end of 2019 and 2020.

Got me absolutely ****** how Mills is signed on the longest contract of any player on our list. Should be Heeney.
Mills is still a quality player even if he hasn't hit top gear since coming back from the year off. I think he'll be a big part of our next premiership and potentially a co-captain. Heeney has more x-factor superstar potential but Mills could become one of the backbones of the team. I think those are the reasons they locked him in for so long.

Got me absolutely ****** how Mills is signed on the longest contract of any player on our list. Should be Heeney.

Mills was drafted a year after Heeney. Both signed 3rd year extensions to their original rookie contracts and then both signed a 5 year contracts after those contracts ran out. It therefore makes sense.

Mills was drafted a year after Heeney. Both signed 3rd year extensions to their original rookie contracts and then both signed a 5 year contracts after those contracts ran out. It therefore makes sense.

I understand that but my point is Mills should have never been offered 5 years and I hope he never gets another 5 year offer from us again.

I understand that but my point is Mills should have never been offered 5 years and I hope he never gets another 5 year offer from us again.

Why? I think Mills has been exceptional for us and continues to be. He, hopefully like Heeney, will pave the way for ever increasing local talent to aspire to make the grade and come through the ranks. His long term presence at the club is critical.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He was extended prior to the start of the 2017 season following his first season when he won the rising star award. The view at that point would have been that it would have been stupid not to offer him a longer term deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im struggling to find more than 5 or 6 players we should care about keeping when looking who is out of contract at end of 2019 and 2020.

Forgive the intrusion but have any of you heard whispers that Buddy is considering hanging up the boots at the end of the season..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back