List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
It's as though there are a bunch of stars waiting to be picked up in the 70s.

Bell has been on an upward trajectory since he started. He far from disgraced himself in his 2 senior matches this year.

Fox has an adult body and is a versatile utility. He won't win a Brownlow, sure, but he's a good honest soldier.

Knoll hasn't done a proper pre-season and is late to the game. Not sure of what other 200+cm ruckmen there are out there.

McLean there's no argument.

Amartey was another improver this year and is worth another year to see if he keeps improving. He's big and athletic but raw. Often these guys take a while to grow into their bodies.

I think there's merit in all 5 of the re-signings.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Bell got 2 more years according to his insta
Screenshot_20191008-162217_Instagram.jpg

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Whats the hold up on menzel?? Waiting for bennell outcome??
Maybe the Swans are thinking.. Buddy and Reid are fit, Paps and Heeney will play their 100th this year (no need for Menzals experience) + Blakey, McCartin and McLean who showed a lot in his first few games. Also Parker, Kennedy may well play forward more in 2020
Doesn't leave much space

Donners

Cancelled
Ex-Moderator
Sep 1, 2002
AFL Club
Sydney
Hirst and Pink are gone.

Hirst and Pink are gone.

Getting rid of Hirst after half a season where he was still very raw seems extremely harsh.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Would that also mean he was signed for two years on the senior list rather than as a 3rd year Cat B rookie?
Yes I would have thought so.

I wouldn't be taking it as fact until the club announces it.

They said he re-signed for one year, not two. As such I will keep him listed as a Cat B rookie for now

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I wouldn't be taking it as fact until the club announces it.

They said he re-signed for one year, not two. As such I will keep him listed as a Cat B rookie for now

Fair call to leave it.

The Swans article just noted 5 players had signed on for 2020. The articles I read didn’t specifically state it was a one year deal. It could be perceived that way but by saying “...new deals for 2020” (grouping 5 re-signs together) doesn’t exclude it being a two year deal. Gardner also used to the term “...at least another year” which leaves the door open for any of the players to have been signed for a longer duration (or could simply mean their journey could continue beyond with a new contract). I also imagine his management company wouldn’t announce two years if it was not so.

But all good to wait and see how the list shapes up before confirming what list he is on. Agree none of it is particularly clear!

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
How did Bell get 2
Why is everyone writing him off so quickly? As I recall most were keen to see him get a crack in the seniors before the end of the year. He wasn't great but doesn't mean there's no scope for improvement. 2 more years? Who cares really. At least it's not 4

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Why is everyone writing him off so quickly? As I recall most were keen to see him get a crack in the seniors before the end of the year. He wasn't great but doesn't mean there's no scope for improvement. 2 more years? Who cares really. At least it's not 4

My personal view isn’t based on his AFL appearances.

I don’t think he has what it takes to be an AFL midfielder. Possible he could turn himself into a small defender perhaps.

I just don’t think he has any real standout attributes. I think his speed is overrated, he isn’t a great user of the ball by foot, he doesn’t get enough of the ball on the outside and I don’t think he will be strong enough on the inside at AFL level.

More than happy to be proven wrong!

How did Bell get 2
Would anybody pick him up if he was delisted? That's a not foolproof but pretty accurate test for the value of keeping someone on the list rather than having another swing at the draft

Back