List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Next year will be brutal like this year. Might hold onto a few cheapies like Ling.

We have done a very good job of getting the core group of players on longer term contracts, so the list of guys coming off contract next season is almost entirely players with their careers on the line - a host of recycled players, long term rookie listers, and a few guys that have been in the system long enough by the end of the season to have staked their claim to be in the best 28. Can definitely see a big group getting moved on.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
We have done a very good job of getting the core group of players on longer term contracts, so the list of guys coming off contract next season is almost entirely players with their careers on the line - a host of recycled players, long term rookie listers, and a few guys that have been in the system long enough by the end of the season to have staked their claim to be in the best 28. Can definitely see a big group getting moved on.
Yeah agree. I'm the most positive about our list I have been for years, in that the right players have the long term contracts and those on the wane have the shortest to run. While our list isnt strong, at least it is structured right.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Yeah agree. I'm the most positive about our list I have been for years, in that the right players have the long term contracts and those on the wane have the shortest to run. While our list isnt strong, at least it is structured right.
Not sure why long term contacts makes you feel at ease, clearly the players don't feel like a long term contract means anything other than getting paid

I think of the guys in the 2020 list the most crucial to me is Hewy. I think JPK is a safe signature and I'd also love to see Melican and Ronke both sign on early in the year. But ultimately, Hewy is a gun and deserves a solid contract offer from the club IMO. Don't lowball him and lose him... He is important and deserving of that next jump in contract IMO.

That next year (2021) could potentially be a huge year. Parker with his (more than likely) last big long term contract offer would be one to keep an eye on if enough money comes calling from outside the club...

Aug 15, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry to intrude but does anyone know who has been upgraded from the Rookie list to senior list for 2020? As far as I can see the Sydney senior list is at 37 which includes Ronke being upgraded which I assume has occurred.
My understanding is that the senior list needs to be a minimum of 38 plus rookies. Does anyone know who else has been upgraded for next season?

2020 is a potentially huge year for turnover. Almost all of the senior listed players with contracts expiring are playing for their spots on the list:

Kaiden Brand
Zac Foot
Ryan Clarke
Robbie Fox
Matthew Ling
Sam Gray
Jackson Thurlow
Riley Stoddart
Lewis Melican
Ben Ronke

Any of those players who are not cemented in the Swans best 28 at the end of the season should be delisted or traded.

Brand, Gray, Clarke, Melican, and Ronke have played the most senior football but I don't think any of them are cemented yet (Brand and Gray may do so quickly if they have been identified for immediate game time - but so was Thurlow). The others have a lot of work to do

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
2020 is a potentially huge year for turnover. Almost all of the senior listed players with contracts expiring are playing for their spots on the list:

Kaiden Brand
Zac Foot
Ryan Clarke
Robbie Fox
Matthew Ling
Sam Gray
Jackson Thurlow
Riley Stoddart
Lewis Melican
Ben Ronke

Any of those players who are not cemented in the Swans best 28 at the end of the season should be delisted or traded.

Brand, Gray, Clarke, Melican, and Ronke have played the most senior football but I don't think any of them are cemented yet (Brand and Gray may do so quickly if they have been identified for immediate game time - but so was Thurlow). The others have a lot of work to do
You also have to add to that the list of rookies who are on a second or even third year now: Reynolds, Wicks, Amartey, Knoll, McLean and Bell (though there was that social media post implying he already had a contract for 2021).

Careers on the line for a significant part of the list.

Pig Grip

Draftee
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

Kaiden Brand
Zac Foot
Ryan Clarke
Robbie Fox
Matthew Ling
Sam Gray
Jackson Thurlow
Riley Stoddart
Lewis Melican
Ben Ronke

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Reviewing the list on page 1 I see Gray and Brand are on one year contracts. It seems odd to me, especially when we signed L. Taylor for 3 years.
The Club announcement does not say anything and only says that they will play in 2020, so I get it that Robbieando has them on page 1 at 2020 only.
Does anyone know any further?
This article suggests Gray at multi years:

There is some stuff on the Port board that Gray was offered one year by Port and he wanted more.
Best I can find is this:

It is firewalled, but the Google precis is that he signed for two years.

Can't find anything for Brand, but I'd expect two years also.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Reviewing the list on page 1 I see Gray and Brand are on one year contracts. It seems odd to me, especially when we signed L. Taylor for 3 years.
The Club announcement does not say anything and only says that they will play in 2020, so I get it that Robbieando has them on page 1 at 2020 only.
Does anyone know any further?
This article suggests Gray at multi years:

There is some stuff on the Port board that Gray was offered one year by Port and he wanted more.
Best I can find is this:

It is firewalled, but the Google precis is that he signed for two years.

Can't find anything for Brand, but I'd expect two years also.
Basically when the length kf the contract is not stated they get listed as 1 year only.

Id like to see players contracts made public.

Don't wanna bang on about it, not his fault, but the Bell re-signing was just silly then, and it's silly now. He's 21 now but clearly been overtaken by three teenagers in McInerney, Stephens and Warner. It's not a big deal, he's costing us peanuts but I just hate wasted list spots and bad calls.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Don't wanna bang on about it, not his fault, but the Bell re-signing was just silly then, and it's silly now. He's 21 now but clearly been overtaken by three teenagers in McInerney, Stephens and Warner. It's not a big deal, he's costing us peanuts but I just hate wasted list spots and bad calls.
Overtaken by mcinerney yes. Stephens and Warner are yet to debut, I'd say jury still out on that one. In any case you need depth players that can cover injuries and also push others to perform better. As you said would be on peanuts. I've got no problem with his re-signing. Plenty of others I'd delist before him. He still has time. How long did we give that figjam Rose before we delisted him?

Back