List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-NOV-2023)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Errol Gulden
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
James Rowbottom
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

Arrr

Senior List
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
No way the top guys are going to leave, they can sense a premiership or two with this group and will want to be part of it. Can see guys taking unders to stay together. It's more likely the fringe players who will be more tempted to leave to get some regular game time in other teams
I'm hoping the lads can see what we are building and hopefully buy into it fully and commit.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Didn't Parker say there was no way in hell he was leaving the Swans after Essendon had a crack a few years ago?

I mean yeah, things change but Collingwood are going in the wrong direction. Can't imagine he'd want out just as the cavalry's arrived.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Heeney2Franklin said
Bedford who is soaking up all our cap! if its even true.

(The Advertiser) was told by one source that the Swans salary cap issue, while not as public .... was worse than the Magpies.

If true.. how we got there is pretty s**t list management
but..
We've done well to get out of it.
- Maybe it explains trading out players like Rowan, Hanners, Jones, Allirr for what people considered unders (with hindsight, all good trades)
- It certainly explains only trading in average players .. Thurlow, Clarke, Brand, Gray, Taylor, Hickey (who's proving much better than average, but cost us Aliir)
- Recognising we wouldn't be in the trade market for a while, instead we would be going to the draft (as draftees are the cheapest players on the list) the Swans employed Dalrymple, who combined with Beatson are a very small but very good recruiting team
- We've kept leaders across all lines.. Buddy,, JPK, Parker,, Rampe, Cunningham,, to lead the young crew
- Drafted with a plan which required speed, endurance, foot and hand skills, competitiveness.
- At the end of this year, Buddys contract reduces significantly, JPKs contract reduces significantly (will sign a 1 year extension on less $), Sinkers retires, Gray and others are gone, And hopefully we are back on track to be within the salary cap
- IF.. Paddy McCartin stays fit, IF OConnor develops to his potential, IF Amartey develops to his potential, then we've got affordable and quality KPF, Ruck and KPD for the future and our list has no holes and there's no need to explore the expensive Free Agent market or Trade market.
- Id prefer to watch our young tall/small forwards, inside/outside mids and defenders get games rather than a Cripps or a Grundy etc
- Looking forward to going to the draft again

- At the end of this year, Buddys contract reduces significantly, JPKs contract reduces significantly (will sign a 1 year extension on less $), Sinkers retires, Gray and others are gone, And hopefully we are back on track to be within the salary cap
The counterpoint here is that there are a lot of players coming out of contract this year that will expect an increase if they extend:

- Dylan Stephens (1st round pick, on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Chad Warner (on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Tom McCartin (on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Jordan Dawson (his current contract was signed when he had only played 12 games, now he is a 1st team lock and has played 44)
- Luke Parker (his last contract was signed at 23, he is now 28, at his peak, the salary cap has increased, co-captain)
- George Hewett (this one is the least concerning, but still his last contract signing announcement was in 2017 and he is now in his prime with 100+ games' experience)

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The counterpoint here is that there are a lot of players coming out of contract this year that will expect an increase if they extend:

- Dylan Stephens (1st round pick, on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Chad Warner (on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Tom McCartin (on draftee contract, won't get any cheaper)
- Jordan Dawson (his current contract was signed when he had only played 12 games, now he is a 1st team lock and has played 44)
- Luke Parker (his last contract was signed at 23, he is now 28, at his peak, the salary cap has increased, co-captain)
- George Hewett (this one is the least concerning, but still his last contract signing announcement was in 2017 and he is now in his prime with 100+ games' experience)
Yep.. which is why Im not a fan of chasing a big name from free agency or a trade.
Im sure the Swans want to and if possible will re-contract all of the above. No idea what each player is on and how much each player is prepared to sacrifice for loyalty or for the chance for future success at the Swans?????
The draft is the cheapest way to fill out the list. Eg (just making this up) Gray might be on $75k more than a draftee, so if we delist Gray and pick an extra draftee then we can offer Dawson an extra $75k
how to fit everyone into the cap is a complete unknown????

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Is he that could of kick , I thought that was he weakness. Up and under

By the way I’m not saying trade but we need a kd

He hasn't shown his ability at afl level yet but I remember watching his highlights package and there was one spearing dart of a left foot inside 50 that was sublime. We will get to see his ability when confidence spikes IMO

Is he that could of kick , I thought that was he weakness. Up and under

By the way I’m not saying trade but we need a kd

Disposal is ok - not a hacker. Reads the play well and is tough - led our tackling in a couple of games.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I think Stephens will end up as good as the 3 2020 superstar draftees. just a hunch. His skill set is as good just needs a run of confidence
not sure its a confidence thing?? He weighed 69kg jan 2020,, too light. Hes 10 kg heavier now.
elite runner, very good skills, very good footy player. Was always gonna need a bit of physical development before he started really contributing at AFL level. I get the feeling he'll get his chance soon and may not be dropped for 250 games

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
not sure its a confidence thing?? He weighed 69kg jan 2020,, too light. Hes 10 kg heavier now.
elite runner, very good skills, very good footy player. Was always gonna need a bit of physical development before he started really contributing at AFL level. I get the feeling he'll get his chance soon and may not be dropped for 250 games

Yeah I forgot he started below 70kg. Makes a huge difference

Back