List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

Of next year's expiring contracts, there's literally less than half that I'd be keen to keep. The rest meh.
Can't say as I agree.
Of the 17 listed above, there are 8 that I believe have to be re-signed
- Cunningham, Florent, Fox, Gulden, Heeney, Lloyd, McDonald, McInerney
2 that if all goes well, would love to see given a one year extension
- Franklin and Rampe,
And 3 for whom it will be dependent on their development this year.
- Gould, O'Riordan, McAndrew

Leaving only Kennedy, Sinclair, Naismith and Taylor that I think will definitely be gone this time next year.

Sadly I doubt Logan will stay. Both WA Clubs need KPFs and if he shows further development in 2022 he will field significant offers. It is telling for me he has not signed an extension. Jmac will also field significant offers from Melbourne Clubs.

Sadly I doubt Logan will stay. Both WA Clubs need KPFs and if he shows further development in 2022 he will field significant offers. It is telling for me he has not signed an extension. Jmac will also field significant offers from Melbourne Clubs.

See how it plays out.

Lot of factors in the background with a big on being current contracts. Could have some decent coin to go around end 2022.

Freo will draft Jye Amiss and West Coast are apparently deep into Naughton (plus the doggies will have wayyy to many KPF soon)

If we currently have 31 senior list spots taken, Wicks will make it 32. Our draft picks suggest we will only take 3 selections meaning we will either resign Reid or add a delisted free agent taking us to our preferred number of 36.
I'd prefer to take Reid as a rookie.

If we currently have 31 senior list spots taken, Wicks will make it 32. Our draft picks suggest we will only take 3 selections meaning we will either resign Reid or add a delisted free agent taking us to our preferred number of 36.
I think Bell is all but confirmed as having his contract extended after triggering. Clarke despite some reports seems to be contracted until next year + Wicks we're at 34 already.

We must be waiting to see who gets delisted before we commit to Ronke as well

I think Bell is all but confirmed as having his contract extended after triggering. Clarke despite some reports seems to be contracted until next year + Wicks we're at 34 already.

We must be waiting to see who gets delisted before we commit to Ronke as well
I reckon Ronke is a goner. If we keep Clarke it is on the rookie list. We don't have a lot of experience on the bench with the departures of Hewett and Dawson.
We also may need a hard tagger at some stage.

With the changes to the rookie rules, it just saves you $80k in TPP. I’d imagine we go with min list size, so we will leave decision on Reid till after draft

I reckon Ronke is a goner. If we keep Clarke it is on the rookie list. We don't have a lot of experience on the bench with the departures of Hewett and Dawson.
We also may need a hard tagger at some stage.
We could also shift someone like Taylor to the rookie list too by delisting and picking up as a rookie aka Sam Gray last year (so he would see out the last year of his contract). Chances are there is more benefit as Clarke is quite likely on less coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could also shift someone like Taylor to the rookie list too by delisting and picking up as a rookie aka Sam Gray last year (so he would see out the last year of his contract). Chances are there is more benefit as Clarke is quite likely on less coin.
But Taylor is not OOC. Clarke is and affects our minimum list structure. Mazimising rookie listed players.

But Taylor is not OOC. Clarke is and affects our minimum list structure. Mazimising rookie listed players.
Neither was Gray!

Our senior list financial savings are likely greater with Taylor on the rookie list than Clarke (I’m guessing of course by since Taylor won the rising star one might assume he might be on more).

The club also hasn’t mentioned Clarke being off contract that I’ve seen so perhaps he has already been re-contracted in some capacity.

Neither was Gray!

Our senior list financial savings are likely greater with Taylor on the rookie list than Clarke (I’m guessing of course by since Taylor won the rising star one might assume he might be on more).

The club also hasn’t mentioned Clarke being off contract that I’ve seen so perhaps he has already been re-contracted in some capacity.
I didn't think you could move a listed player to the rookie list. I might be wrong again. I thought the rules changed last year just for last year.

I didn't think you could move a listed player to the rookie list. I might be wrong again. I thought the rules changed last year just for last year.
Sorta right :)

But the rule that allowed clubs to move primary-listed players to the rookie list between the first and second list lodgment periods to open up senior spots will not be permitted this off-season.

In a memo to clubs, the AFL said that there is "no forecast changes to list sizes for 2022" and that the one-off rule was brought in last season due to the changes that came late in the piece with list sizes and structures.

They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022.

Not sure if that helps us. Pretty sure we have delisted a contracted player before as well and picked them up in the rookie draft with no issues. I can’t recall who it was.

But the rule that allowed clubs to move primary-listed players to the rookie list between the first and second list lodgment periods to open up senior spots will not be permitted this off-season.

In a memo to clubs, the AFL said that there is "no forecast changes to list sizes for 2022" and that the one-off rule was brought in last season due to the changes that came late in the piece with list sizes and structures.

They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022.

Not sure if that helps us. Pretty sure we have delisted a contracted player before as well and picked them up in the rookie draft with no issues. I can’t recall who it was.
I didn't know the rule was extended to this year as well. The player was Fox.:)

The rule is slightly different as to when you can do it.
I remember Fox, wasn’t him. But I remembered, it was Tippett!
I'm a bit confused with the rule and how it applies to the this year.
I read the statement from the AFL and it is very ambiguous.

Can we move a player from the main list to the rookie list. If so wich players and why why not. hehe. It's confusing.:)

So we have someone like Naismith and Taylor stay on our senior list, move them to a rookie spot and pick up a DFA. Not sure I understand the sense in it from the AFL.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back