List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
I have updated the OP to after the draft period.

I have decided that as we didn’t select Anderson and ended up making 4 picks in the National Draft that it is likely we didn’t promote any of McLean, Wicks and Sheather to the Senior List despite each signing 2 years contracts. Until I see otherwise stated by the club or similar source they will stay listed as rookies for the purpose of this list.

It’s likely we have 36 senior listed players, 5 Cat A rookies and 2 Cat B rookies. This means we have one Cat A rookie spot available, which enables us to sign Paddy McCartin via the SSP without having to put Naismith on the LTIL.
Means we'll put Naismoth LTIL then promote Wicks to the senior list soon after for R1. With Ladhams and McDonald likely to start over McLean

Means we'll put Naismoth LTIL then promote Wicks to the senior list soon after for R1. With Ladhams and McDonald likely to start over McLean

We don't need to promote Wicks if he is still on the Rookie list as all Cat A rookies can play senior football without needing to be moved to the senior list. That only applies to Cat B rookies (O'Connor and Sheather)

I wouldn't read anything in it selection wise either.

We don't need to promote Wicks if he is still on the Rookie list as all Cat A rookies can play senior football without needing to be moved to the senior list. That only applies to Cat B rookies (O'Connor and Sheather)

I must still be living in the past. Thanks :)

I would hope that Naismith gets mothballed on the LTIL, as I’d love to see Sheather debut.

I would hope that Naismith gets mothballed on the LTIL, as I’d love to see Sheather debut.

I've finished the pictorial of the Swan's 2022 list after Robbieando's post.

I have taken the liberty of adding P McCartin as a rookie.
Also I have put Naismith on the LTI list so either Sheather or O'Connor can make their debuts.

Don't get too caught up in how I've categorised players positional wise or best 22. It changes every week.

Swans List 22.png

Also I have put Naismith on the LTI list so either Sheather or O'Connor can make their debuts.

Don't get too caught up in how I've categorised players positional wise or best 22. It changes every week.

View attachment 1288660
Fantastic Rusty. Thanks.
So 13 possibles for retirement/delisting at the end of the season. Leaving out the "you must be joking" candidates such as Heeney.
Retirement
Buddy
Reid
Sinclair
Naismith
Didn't make it
Gould
P McCartin
McAndrew
O'Connor
Not top team
Clarke
Bell
L Taylor
Damned unlucky!
COR
Fox
We delisted 5 this year and one walked to make 6 vacancies. Bud might go around again. The "didn't make it" might make it just fine.
My guess this far out is Reid, Sinclair, Naismith retire. Clarke, Bell, Taylor not offered new contracts. Maybe one of the "didn't make its" doesn't make it.
EDIT
How could I forget JPK!
Also a likely retirement might save someone.

Fantastic Rusty. Thanks.
So 13 possibles for retirement/delisting at the end of the season. Leaving out the "you must be joking" candidates such as Heeney.
Retirement
Buddy
Reid
Sinclair
Naismith
Didn't make it
Gould
P McCartin
McAndrew
O'Connor
Not top team
Clarke
Bell
L Taylor
Damned unlucky!
COR
Fox
We delisted 5 this year and one walked to make 6 vacancies. Bud might go around again. The "didn't make it" might make it just fine.
My guess this far out is Reid, Sinclair, Naismith retire. Clarke, Bell, Taylor not offered new contracts. Maybe one of the "didn't make its" doesn't make it.
EDIT
How could I forget JPK!
Also a likely retirement might save someone.
Can't argue too much with that except I think Fox will almost definitely stay. Buddy too barring injury.

Can't argue too much with that except I think Fox will almost definitely stay. Buddy too barring injury.
I think COR will probably stay too. He and Fox are both a bit older but proven at seniors level. Until guys like (possibly) Warner, Roberts, Rankin develop a lot further they remain very handy. My concern is Gould. Not sure he didn't hit his ceiling at 18. He would be a gun in SANFL. Not sure how ambitious he is. We'll see.
I've seen O'Connor in one VFL game and he looked about the same level as COR, a bit taller but not KPD level. He might replace one of the three mentioned above.
I have a bit of a soft spot for Taylor and I suspect the club does too. Gets on with it to his best every week. Can do a bit in seniors if needed but a leader in VFL. I suspect we'll keep him if we can.
I agree that Bud will probably play on if he's in good enough shape. Not 100% sure that would be the best thing though.
Rusty's work makes it so much easier to see!

I think COR will probably stay too. He and Fox are both a bit older but proven at seniors level. Until guys like (possibly) Warner, Roberts, Rankin develop a lot further they remain very handy. My concern is Gould. Not sure he didn't hit his ceiling at 18. He would be a gun in SANFL. Not sure how ambitious he is. We'll see.
I've seen O'Connor in one VFL game and he looked about the same level as COR, a bit taller but not KPD level. He might replace one of the three mentioned above.
I have a bit of a soft spot for Taylor and I suspect the club does too. Gets on with it to his best every week. Can do a bit in seniors if needed but a leader in VFL. I suspect we'll keep him if we can.
I agree that Bud will probably play on if he's in good enough shape. Not 100% sure that would be the best thing though.
Rusty's work makes it so much easier to see!
I could never see our list until I did this!!! Ronke is also ?? Has been sidelined so long and others are overtaking him.

View attachment 1288660

Small nitpick Fox is Tasmanian and Sinclair is Victoria (both moved interstate to get drafted)

Also Happy to add this to the OP but can you provide it without the Outs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably a better final version

I merged a few cells in the black area

View attachment 1288698
Hey Rusty, what are the skull and cross bones for? Has a plague struck? And what's the next number?

EDIT: Derrrr! Contract expiry...

Just ignore me, old lady moment!!

PS: I absolutely love your spreadsheet!! I use it when I'm trying to figure out who they'll pick!

L
When the list is put on a spreadsheet like it is above it really shows how balanced our list is now both in the "Best 22" and Depth. If the kids drafted this week push on it really puts us in a strong position.
Looking at the 4 kids we drafted three of them could spend time as line breaking half backs in VFL, one of Horse's favourite teaching methods. Probably not all at once and Probably only Rankin likely to end up there long term.
After writing my earlier opus I started to think "who are these youngsters going to learn from in games?". It won't be JPK, Parker et al. Training yes, games no.
In fact, it will be Taylor, Clarke, Stephens, one other.

After receiving some feedback(positive) I made some changes to the title area to make it clear as to the structure of the spreadsheet and its intended purpose.

Here is the updated spreadsheet

View attachment 1289479
And isn't it sensational!! You've done a great job mate!!!

Just noticed, a quarter of our list is from NSW! How great is that!!

And isn't it sensational!! You've done a great job mate!!!

Just noticed, a quarter of our list is from NSW! How great is that!!
And it is going to get better next year Kirky.
Out
Sinclair(Vic)
Taylor(Vic)
Kennedy(Vic)
Naismith(NSW)
+possibly Reid I reckon(Vic)
There may be others.

We have possibly 2 academy players coming in.

Plus 4 picks.

Its all not just good but getting better each year for NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back