Remove this Banner Ad

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Anyone got some tips for a first-gamer for playing on the wing? Positioning at stoppages, around contests etc.

Please, please, please drop back and help out your defence. Nothing is worse than playing in the back line and watching two spare men drifting down. Run hard for a few trips up and down the field then get off and have a rest.

Please, please, please drop back and help out your defence. Nothing is worse than playing in the back line and watching two spare men drifting down. Run hard for a few trips up and down the field then get off and have a rest.

Thanks. Not surprisingly for a first gamer, I was completely outsmarted. I was told to stick with my oppo wing player and not worry about getting a kick unless the ball came to me, but I didnt know whether to watch him or the contest. He was too easily able to get into dangerous attacking positions while I was just doing the headless chook thing.

Thanks. Not surprisingly for a first gamer, I was completely outsmarted. I was told to stick with my oppo wing player and not worry about getting a kick unless the ball came to me, but I didnt know whether to watch him or the contest. He was too easily able to get into dangerous attacking positions while I was just doing the headless chook thing.

Live and learn mate. It'll take you a while, but eventually you'll get the hang of when you want to stay with your man versus when you want to get to the contest.

Anyone got some tips for a first-gamer for playing on the wing? Positioning at stoppages, around contests etc.

If you cant influence the contest and your opponent is, get free and make your opponent follow you. Neutralise their influence. Then if you're still getting towelled up force the movement of the ball out to the boundary by leading that way or staying inside your opponent and get it out of bounds.

Then rinse and repeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back