PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The Last Of Us and Watch Dogs 2 both perform better on the original PS4 and the latest BF1 patch has caused some performance issues on the Pro too, although that still out performs the original PS4, hell the X1 version performs better than the base PS4 version so thats not a hard task.

Oh but look how pretty everything is...... the gaming industry needs to get its priorities right, performance before graphics.

The Last Of Us and Watch Dogs 2 both perform better on the original PS4 and the latest BF1 patch has caused some performance issues on the Pro too, although that still out performs the original PS4, hell the X1 version performs better than the base PS4 version so thats not a hard task.

Oh but look how pretty everything is...... the gaming industry needs to get its priorities right, performance before graphics.

These pro patches are not too different then day-1 patches. they will fix them. but its just some framerate issues. Not like they are broken games like Dishonored 2 on both Base and Pro. Most of them were likely rushed to make it day-1. I havent played more then 5 mins Uncharted 4 yet [i only used it to show off HDR] but that was rushed because ND looked at different rendering ways after the reveal. Most of the devs are getting used to rendering over 1080 for consoles. but most of the games are preforming fine.

TLoU preforms better with a better draw distance and looks like less pop in or they pop in earlier. the 30fps is fine with the better shadows and native 4K.

Watch Dogs 2 looks like it was rushed, with HDR missing from the Playstation meeting.

Ratchet and Clank looks like the 4K HDR killer app right now.

What is supposed to be the problem with BF1 and WD2 on Pro? For me BF1 has been noticeably better to play that it is often at or close to 60fps and a further depth of view (the original assumption was that fps would be capped online for competitiveness but as reddit discussions go and my own experience this is not the case) and WD2 has been flawless for me so far with only occasional and minimal pop in. It looks great, feels like silk to play and bugger all loading. If these are meant to be rushed PS Pro jobs then I can't wait to see Horizon and Mass Effect.

That's not the issue at all, it's game companies rushing ports to meet a deadline knowing they can patch the game at a later date. Every triple A game gets performance boost patches post launch eg. Gear of war 4 having an 11GB day one patch.

What is supposed to be the problem with BF1 and WD2 on Pro? For me BF1 has been noticeably better to play that it is often at or close to 60fps and a further depth of view (the original assumption was that fps would be capped online for competitiveness but as reddit discussions go and my own experience this is not the case) and WD2 has been flawless for me so far with only occasional and minimal pop in. It looks great, feels like silk to play and bugger all loading. If these are meant to be rushed PS Pro jobs then I can't wait to see Horizon and Mass Effect.

WD2 drops a few frames lower, and has screen tearing. but jaggies are gone, and draw distance is much better.

What's wrong with bf on ps4?
Frame rate is terrible, digital foundry has a video comparing the frame rate on both versions. PS4 struggles to maintain 50 let alone hit 60fps. X1 had less trouble hitting 60fps and the dips in frame rate werent as severe with the PS4 dropping to the low 30's way too much.

This is also part of my problem with the pro. You've got a system outputting 50% better framerate on multiplayer than the original model (another DF video comparing the pro to the og model). That's basically pay to win in my eyes as the player with the smoother framerate is going to demolish the player having to deal with the substantial drops in fps.

Frame rate is terrible, digital foundry has a video comparing the frame rate on both versions. PS4 struggles to maintain 50 let alone hit 60fps. X1 had less trouble hitting 60fps and the dips in frame rate werent as severe with the PS4 dropping to the low 30's way too much.

This is also part of my problem with the pro. You've got a system outputting 50% better framerate on multiplayer than the original model (another DF video comparing the pro to the og model). That's basically pay to win in my eyes as the player with the smoother framerate is going to demolish the player having to deal with the substantial drops in fps.

Isnt the XBO version running at 720p against PS4 running at 900p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ol mate premiers has just become so anti Sony it's hilarious
I'm against their anti consumer s**t. They've made some terrible decisions so far this gen.

EA Access "nah they dont want that #4theplayers"

External HDD support.....

4k Blu Ray player in a supposed "Pro" console "nah they dont want that #4theplayers"

Up the price of their online service and dont improve the infrastructure.

Backwards compatibility?

I miss PS3 Sony, when they were getting smashed in sales and had to fight for our $$$. MS is currently at that stage.

Both versions run a dynamic res and cap out at 1000p, when theres heaps of s**t going on, which is pretty much 99% of a mp match lol, it'll adjust accordingly dropping to 900p and 720p respectively. X1 can hit the 1000p mark but it's rare.

Which is my point, people would rather say "ooh look at those pretty textures" than have a game that performs at what should be industry standard in this day and age. Devs need to suck it up and if their game cant be as pretty because it needs to hit and maintain 60fps then so be it.

If only the PC had some good exclusives on the level of Sony and MS's offerings, I'd build one and never look back.

WD2 drops a few frames lower, and has screen tearing. but jaggies are gone, and draw distance is much better.

Haven't noticed any tearing yet but I'll keep it in mind. There shouldn't be any jagged lines either since even with upscaling there is no need for sampling. This is where a lot of extra power comes from.

Last edited:

PC gaming has been in this sort of arms race since the dawn of time. I saved all my pennies at my first job so I could buy a MX440 just for BF1942 only to get destroyed by people with Ti cards. s**t happens.

the DF video on BF1 is much better on the Pro. like a 50% boost in framerate and better frame time all the time.
Yep and thats huge in the grand scheme of things.

My rant is more me being pissed off that I may need to buy a system i had no intentions of getting, especially after Sony said you wouldnt see improvements in regards to MP performance in order to keep the playing field even.

I hope they do get the Pro issues on other games patched because if I'm buying one I'd expect the games to perform as well as my current PS4 at the very minimum.

Yep and thats huge in the grand scheme of things.

My rant is more me being pissed off that I may need to buy a system i had no intentions of getting, especially after Sony said you wouldnt see improvements in regards to MP performance in order to keep the playing field even.

I hope they do get the Pro issues on other games patched because if I'm buying one I'd expect the games to perform as well as my current PS4 at the very minimum.
They never said no improvements, it just cant target a higher framerate then the base version.

MP games were always going to run better on the pro because it will be a stable game with a better res. Thats no different the a PC player on reccomended settings against someone on Ultra setting.

Uncharted 4 is no different, it now runs at 1080p for the MP

If that has to happen to maintain a solid frame rate then so be it.

Personally, I just play the game on PC because, you know, master race :) but you've just proven Premiers point that people are willing to have shitty performance but just want to say "my game has better resolution" while playing on a blurry 30fps game.

If that has to happen to maintain a solid frame rate then so be it.

Personally, I just play the game on PC because, you know, master race :) but you've just proven Premiers point that people are willing to have shitty performance but just want to say "my game has better resolution" while playing on a blurry 30fps game.

There is like 2 games that run worse, and they are only a few frames worse. neither are competitive MP games. Everything else is running better with the pro patches.

I'm probably going to buy a PS Pro this week, is there any rumours of bundles at all? Should I hold off?
From the (limited) news I've read, some of the games actually dip in performance on the pro. I dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back