PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

urgent ?

If I buy a PS4 in singapore can i update it here (in singapore) and will it then work perfectly in australia when i get back in a few months?

Ive heard there is only issues with DLC?
It will be fine other than X and O might be reversed in the OS menus because thats what some Asian countries have on playstations.like O is for enter rather than back.

Region locked blu ray might not work.

DLC isnt really an issue. You just need to buy it from the same country the game is coded to.

It will be fine other than X and O might be reversed in the OS menus because thats what some Asian countries have on playstations.like O is for enter rather than back.

Region locked blu ray might not work.

DLC isnt really an issue. You just need to buy it from the same country the game is coded to.

legend, thanks!

WEOCPS4.jpg

Old school sleeve for certain territories of the Wipeout Collection.

It would be cool if Crash did similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had an odd one. Booted the PS4 (Pro and from rest mode if that matters) as usual after work and got a narrow, flickering green and blue screen. Turned it off a few times, yanked the power, fiddled around with HDMI cables, one of the times I turned it back on it rebooted itself and came up with that check thing and the screen was fine, but went back to flickering once it loaded the dashboard. Tried the XB1 which is on a different AV and that was fine so definitely not the TV or HDMI cable. Started googling and couldn't find much other than a few people saying it went away. Eventually I switched it back to the AV the PS4 is on and it was fine. Have tried turning it on and off a few times to replicate the issue but nothing. Sounds like the onboard display adaptor is on the way out but if it's only intimittant I can't be stuffed putting the original HDD with firmware back in to return it and waiting weeks in the hope it faults again for a replacement.

Just had an odd one. Booted the PS4 (Pro and from rest mode if that matters) as usual after work and got a narrow, flickering green and blue screen. Turned it off a few times, yanked the power, fiddled around with HDMI cables, one of the times I turned it back on it rebooted itself and came up with that check thing and the screen was fine, but went back to flickering once it loaded the dashboard. Tried the XB1 which is on a different AV and that was fine so definitely not the TV or HDMI cable. Started googling and couldn't find much other than a few people saying it went away. Eventually I switched it back to the AV the PS4 is on and it was fine. Have tried turning it on and off a few times to replicate the issue but nothing. Sounds like the onboard display adaptor is on the way out but if it's only intimittant I can't be stuffed putting the original HDD with firmware back in to return it and waiting weeks in the hope it faults again for a replacement.

My PS4 used to do that all the time. Would try different HDMI ports and everything and would still get funny coloured screens. Would have to turn the TV and PS4 of and then on a few times to get it to reset. Never figured out exactly why it did that....

Got the Pro and hasn't really happened since then though.

If its the flickering I'm thinking of its a HDMI handshake issue. I've had it happen probably 3-4 times on my launch console. Each time, turning the TV off and on again (sometimes a few times) has resolved it.

Cheers for the response guys, that's great to know. Haven't been able to replicate the issue since but did notice something. When I launch or close a game that uses HDR the screen quickly blanks out to enable/disable HDR and in that flicker for a split moment I see a thin horizontal fuzzy green bar similar to what I was seeing (though mine was vertical). I should have taken a photo but the image was only taking up horizontaly the middle third of the screen (kind of a 1:1 resolution), half fuzzy green, half kind of transparent blue so I'm wondering if there was some funky gremlin in the PS4 that wasn't communicating with the TV and there was confusion in displaying 4K and/or HDR. Found it odd that the console rebooted itself a couple times though.

*shrug*

I cop an issue where my OG PS4 seems to have issues with the HDMI occasionally and the screen flashes to black and back to the picture continuously until I unplug the HDMI. When I plug it back in everything is back to normal. Don't know why it does it but I assume it's the hDMI handshake thing.

Last edited:
Purchased Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne at EB games for $60

Never played Ratchet and Clank on the Playstation 2 but I'm pleasantly surprised how good it is as for Bloodborne haven't started that yet lols.

R&C is amazing.

but paying $60 for the 2 games is way too much, both are normally on sale on the PSN store for like $20 each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back