PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a Herald Sun article saying the following:
"SONY has sold 79 million PlayStation4s since the console launched in 2013, and is starting to prepare for the end of the road.

Gamers had snapped up around 80 million PS3s by the time that the PS4 hit shelves, and even with the launch of the upgraded PS4 Pro, Sony is seeing sales start to slide."

Kodera (Sony Boss) did admit under questioning that the PS4 was entering “the end of its life cycle” and that Sony’s work for the time being is to manage that decline with additional services to help keep revenues stable as hardware income drops."

Basically will be at least 2 more years left before the release a PS5 and until then will look at getting more users to go into PS-VR, PS network and their cloud services.

Also want to utilise more DLC add ons rather than releasing a new console in the meantime (e.g milk it until its dry)

Basically will be at least 2 more years left before the release a PS5 and until then will look at getting more users to go into PS-VR, PS network and their cloud services.
Sounds like a decent window into where they're hoping to head with the PS5 imo.

No gamers want a PS5 it's too soon.

Speak for yourself

takemymoney.jpg

Planning on buying a PS4 Pro this week.
(Tax time)

I don't have a 4k telly yet so I was going to focus on games that aren't patched to start with.

I'll definitely be getting Persona 5
Any others? Or anything I should know about the console?

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planning on buying a PS4 Pro this week.
(Tax time)

I don't have a 4k telly yet so I was going to focus on games that aren't patched to start with.

I'll definitely be getting Persona 5
Any others? Or anything I should know about the console?

Thanks
God of war/uncharted/horizon/Detroit

Cant wait for Skyrim Ultra-Legendary PS5 rererereremastered edition.
I don't understand the constant slagging of Bethesda for Skyrim Remastered. Sure they've done it for a few platforms but that's cause they can and it's a bloody good game that deserves the treatment. They also executed it quite well. Why aren't Naughty Dog copping it for Last of us Remastered or 343 for the Master Chief Collection. It's been happening in the industry for yonks.

I don't understand the constant slagging of Bethesda for Skyrim Remastered. Sure they've done it for a few platforms but that's cause they can and it's a bloody good game that deserves the treatment. They also executed it quite well. Why aren't Naughty Dog copping it for Last of us Remastered or 343 for the Master Chief Collection. It's been happening in the industry for yonks.
Bethesda is kissed on the dick by the general gaming industry release a game full of bugs there laughed about and excused yet if say Ubisoft has a buggy game they get slaughtered for it.

Bethesda is kissed on the dick by the general gaming industry release a game full of bugs there laughed about and excused yet if say Ubisoft has a buggy game they get slaughtered for it.
I seem to remember them being slammed for bugs and I myself stopped playing for a while due to a quest line ending bugs. Not sure they're kissed on the dick considering they're known for it. Luckily their product is otherwise of a high standard.

Todd Howard agrees...

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2018/0...-stop-releasing-skyrim-ports-stop-buying-them

I don’t mind. Nothing wrong with keeping a classic relevant and the proceeds help fund new projects.

343 copped a lot of s**t for MCC for different reasons.

Skyrim isn't for me, but IDGAF about them releasing it on every platform known to man purely because that money funds all of their excellent FPS games that I do care about. The Skyrim/ESO/FO allow for them to take shots on the likes of Prey/Wolfenstein/DOOM.

They should cop a lot more s**t for the performance, glitches and regressive s**t that has held back BGS games in the past.

343 copped a lot of s**t for MCC for different reasons.

Skyrim isn't for me, but IDGAF about them releasing it on every platform known to man purely because that money funds all of their excellent FPS games that I do care about. The Skyrim/ESO/FO allow for them to take shots on the likes of Prey/Wolfenstein/DOOM.

They should cop a lot more s**t for the performance, glitches and regressive s**t that has held back BGS games in the past.
Yeah I hear that 343 copped alot of crap for MCC but I didn't hear much of them copping crap for it merely existing like Bethesda seem to cop.

Anyone else experiencing some slow/weird things with PSN?
I had a mate that took a long time to join a party I created. And then we had a random (not either of our friends) join the party? So then I made the party private and then another random still joined haha
And even though I was playing with my mate and he was in the party, I kept getting notifications that he was "now online" popping up every like 15 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing some slow/weird things with PSN?
I had a mate that took a long time to join a party I created. And then we had a random (not either of our friends) join the party? So then I made the party private and then another random still joined haha
And even though I was playing with my mate and he was in the party, I kept getting notifications that he was "now online" popping up every like 15 minutes.

Was weird stuff tonight. Suspect it was related to a billion odd people all trying to download the fortnite update as soon as it was out.

Was weird stuff tonight. Suspect it was related to a billion odd people all trying to download the fortnite update as soon as it was out.
Yeah this. Mine also struggled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back