PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So early access to crap is a good thing?

For anyone into EA sports games it pays itself off every year, you get the entire vault of games, and you can try (or get full version if the premier access extends to console ea access) new EA game you want without wasting an extra cent. It’s a fantastic service. For anyone who gets fifa every year it is a no brainer and everything else is a bonus.

So early access to crap is a good thing?
Not just early access. An Xbox mate has it and swears by it. Free 10 hours trial of any EA game. Has saved him a lot of dough on games he ends up getting sick of before 10 hours, as well as having a free ping at other games he probably wouldn't have spent money on otherwise that end up being great games.

I'd be all over it.

EA Access is pretty good. Granted I've only subscribed twice from the last 4 years - both times was to take advantage of the massive Fifa discount for being a previous Fifa player and having an active subscription.

Its handy being able to play past games for free that I never played previously (eg: madden/nhl games I've skipped).

Its handy being able to play past games for free that I never played previously (eg: madden/nhl games I've skipped).
That's sorta where my Xbox mate sees the value. Like some of his other mates will get into games like Madden for a bit so he can jump right in and check out if he likes it before committing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is EA Access like Microsoft Games pass but with EA Games only? Download and play all you want and then purchase at a discount if you want to keep it?

Yep, not sure about the discount for wanting to keep part though. Also not sure if the Sony version has Back catalogue stuff.

I'm not into the EA sports games, so never bothered getting it

So is EA Access like Microsoft Games pass but with EA Games only? Download and play all you want and then purchase at a discount if you want to keep it?
Older games get added to a vault, can play them as much as you want while subscribed. With new games you get a 10 hour trial and discount if you want to buy it and not wait an undisclosed amount of time for it to get added to the vault.

This is assuming it works the same as on Xbox. Won't be exactly the same as the Xbox One has backward compatibility with Xbox 360 games so their catalogue will always be larger.

Yeah I reckon I'd get value just out of that too. I find that with a lot less free time these days when I do pick up games like Madden or NHL I play them for a week or two and then move on. Can't remember the last time I completed a season in one of them. The 10 hour trials should be a good way for me to get that fix with no obligations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back