PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone know roughly how much internet data is used to play online?

I recently agreed to upgrade to NBN with unlimited data (was on a plan of 200gb per month) but was given the option of upgrading to 500gb per month and paying $10 less than what I am currently. A large reason for why I want to get unlimited data is so I can play AFL Evolution 2 online without worrying about going over my limit, but maybe 500gb will be more than enough.

In a typical month, I usually only go through about 150-160gb.

500gb would be well and truly more than enough. Online gaming doesn't use a lot of data. If 150-160gb is your usual without much online gaming then I'd be very surprised if you ever went over 200gb.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Journey and the Uncharted Drake collection are free to download with the latest PS4 update!
If you haven't played Uncharted yet give the Drake collection a go three awesome games! And they are free!

Have just downloaded and started to play Journey very relaxing sort of game doesn't look like much but boy does it suck you in!

Does anyone know roughly how much internet data is used to play online?

I recently agreed to upgrade to NBN with unlimited data (was on a plan of 200gb per month) but was given the option of upgrading to 500gb per month and paying $10 less than what I am currently. A large reason for why I want to get unlimited data is so I can play AFL Evolution 2 online without worrying about going over my limit, but maybe 500gb will be more than enough.

In a typical month, I usually only go through about 150-160gb.
Streaming uses a lot more data than gaming, 500g is plenty. You'll still be able to stream every day with 500g anyway

Have just downloaded and started to play Journey very relaxing sort of game doesn't look like much but boy does it suck you in!
Played the demo of Journey a few years ago and wasn't really interested. Gave it another crack and was pleasantly surprised. Got to the second area and noticed someone else playing with me, didn't realise it was multiplayer. Played a full run-through with the same person who I could only communicate with through one button and a symbol flashing above your head. The story is told quite well given it's only visuals. It's a cool little adventure and was kinda neat to share it with some random person, even though we couldn't talk we stuck together and worked our way through it.

I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it, you can get through it in like 2-3 hours. It's pretty easy to get all the trophies too and only takes a couple of run throughs (and you can skip chapters). Though, I feel a bit jipped, there's no Platinum trophy.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Played the demo of Journey a few years ago and wasn't really interested. Gave it another crack and was pleasantly surprised. Got to the second area and noticed someone else playing with me, didn't realise it was multiplayer. Played a full run-through with the same person who I could only communicate with through one button and a symbol flashing above your head. The story is told quite well given it's only visuals. It's a cool little adventure and was kinda neat to share it with some random person, even though we couldn't talk we stuck together and worked our way through it.

I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it, you can get through it in like 2-3 hours. It's pretty easy to get all the trophies too and only takes a couple of run throughs (and you can skip chapters). Though, I feel a bit jipped, there's no Platinum trophy.

Yeah some sort of thing happen to me someone happen to just come in to my game ( It was toward when I was near the end) at first I was like what the heck is going on but once I realised we where both helping each other it seemed very gratifying and we both finished the game together! Finish the game in around 2-3 hours. The music and the graphics felt very calm and relaxing. I will deff do another play through to try and get all the trophies!

Last edited:
Yeah some sort of thing happen to be someone happen to just come in to my game ( I was toward when I was near the end) at first I was like what the heck is going on but once I realised we where both helping each other it seemed very gratifying and we both finished the game together! Finish the game in around 2-3 hours. The music and the graphics felt very calm and relaxing. I will deff do another play through to try and get all the trophies!
My second playthrough I thought I did with the same person only to get to the credits and find out it was 4 different people!

Hardest trophy to get is the Reflection one, need to sit down with someone for 20 seconds, which when you can't communicate is a bit of a pain. FYI, you can sit down by pressing the options button (or you can do nothing for about 30 seconds). Only found that out when I was reading up on it. Try get their attention and then sit in front of them. Might take meeting a few different people for them to catch on.

My console no longer turns my TV on when I turn it on now :( Any suggestions to fix this? I've tried nothing except turning the related settings on and off on both the console and TV.

It also appears my console is no longer downloading anything in rest mode.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
My console no longer turns my TV on when I turn it on now :(Any suggestions to fix this? I've tried nothing except turning the related settings on and off on both the console and TV.

It also appears my console is no longer downloading anything in rest mode.

The PlayStation can do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The PlayStation can do that?
Im not fluent in the lingo but its something called HDMI CEC I think. Id assume most modern smart TVs support it.

Side note, the switch and Xbox still turn the TV on as expected so it seems to be a PS thing. Or the cable I guess...

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Use the tv remote.

You're welcome.

giphy.gif

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
My console no longer turns my TV on when I turn it on now :( Any suggestions to fix this? I've tried nothing except turning the related settings on and off on both the console and TV.
Possibly the most first world problem complaint I've ever heard. My God

Geez I guess because I don't live in a third world country I can't be disappointed that a function on my console doesn't work. :rolleyes:

* off idiot, I know there is people out there in worse situations, this isn't a comparison to that though.

Hitman is currently free.

Edit: might actually only be a trial.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I bought a 2TB external hard drive the other day, plugged in it yesterday and moved some games across.

Today I purchased Fallout 4 on the PS Store and started downloading it to the hard drive. However I immediately got a ‘cannot download because the data is corrupt’ message.

I tried moving the download to my console storage, where I got about 15gb in before it stopped. I started the game up and again got a message saying it was corrupt. Any ideas? Pretty annoyed as I was keen to play it, and feel like I’ve wasted $25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back