PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you delete and redownload? It’s annoying because I’m on a limited internet plan and so far I’ve wasted 40gb on downloading something that I’ve had to delete twice.
Nah don't delete. It should give you the resumw option and it will continue where it left off.

My external HHD has s**t the bed and was looking at a replacement. Thinking I might just get a 1TB internal, as I only have a few games on at the time.

CODMW takes up the vast majority of my internal currently.

A website I was looking at said you can put an SSD in.. is this the case?

if not, what type of HHD should i be looking at? cheap as pls :)

My external HHD has s**t the bed and was looking at a replacement. Thinking I might just get a 1TB internal, as I only have a few games on at the time.

CODMW takes up the vast majority of my internal currently.

A website I was looking at said you can put an SSD in.. is this the case?

if not, what type of HHD should i be looking at? cheap as pls :)
You can definitely put an SSD in, but I wouldn't recommend doing so. It's not worth the price (you see improved load speeds but it's relatively negligible for the price imo). Unless you can find one cheap.

Pretty much any 2.5" SATA HDD will work. The main thing to look for is one with the higher rpm (you want 7200rpm over 5400rpm).

Something like this could work for a 1TB: https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Hard-Drives-&-SSDs/HDD-2.5-Drives/82811-WD10SPSX or save yourself $30 for the lower rpm: https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Hard-Drives-&-SSDs/HDD-2.5-Drives/68826-WD10SPZX

Also could depend on what you like WD vs Seagate, etc.

Find the instructions on how to install it, go here:

Anyone bought anything from the Days of Play sale?

I was keen on Ghost Recon: Break Point when it came out but everything I saw and read turned me off, I've heard the patches have since improved it.

Currently 25 bucks for the normal version or 40 for the Deluxe, has it actually become anything remotely good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think my PS Pro is cooked. Earlier today the screen just went black and it wasn't being recognised by the TV. Turns out it was some weird resolution issue where I had to plug my PS into a PC monitor and change the resolution. It wasn't as simple as that, but thats the jist.

Now tonight whilst playing Ghosts of Tsushima it froze mid cutscene. I restarted the PS4 it just gave a flashing blue light. Trying the same fixes again but it just freezes on any safe mode option I click. No idea what else to try. This thing only had to last 4 or 5 more months. :(

Think my PS Pro is cooked. Earlier today the screen just went black and it wasn't being recognised by the TV. Turns out it was some weird resolution issue where I had to plug my PS into a PC monitor and change the resolution. It wasn't as simple as that, but thats the jist.

Now tonight whilst playing Ghosts of Tsushima it froze mid cutscene. I restarted the PS4 it just gave a flashing blue light. Trying the same fixes again but it just freezes on any safe mode option I click. No idea what else to try. This thing only had to last 4 or 5 more months. :(
Feel you brah. I'm still hoping my optical drive will limp through. Have to bash it everytime to get it to engage. That can only work for so long.

Battled for another hour this morning and got to the point where it asked me to reinstall the 7.51 update. It warned me that I was going to lose all of my data and I really didn't want to lose the 8 hours of Ghost of Tsushima from yesterday so I backed out, it restarted and turned itself on! Come on baby, please just 5 more months.

Do either of you have alerts from playstation set on? like do you get the platinum themes sent out for some games?

or it might be only for people who havent let PS+ lapse this gen
I am lucky to get any emails from sony ever. I always get the OS Beta emails but that's about it. I think I may have got one for platting God of War, but despite making sure I am subscribed to their emails I usually get nothing.

Edit: But I see people on reddit saying they got a notification on their app, or it just appeared in their wallet. I have neither. Almost certain my PS plus didn't lapse this gen, but again on reddit people who signed up in march have got it.

I am lucky to get any emails from sony ever. I always get the OS Beta emails but that's about it. I think I may have got one for platting God of War, but despite making sure I am subscribed to their emails I usually get nothing.

Edit: But I see people on reddit saying they got a notification on their app, or it just appeared in their wallet. I have neither. Almost certain my PS plus didn't lapse this gen, but again on reddit people who signed up in march have got it.

I'm the same, got nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back