Remove this Banner Ad

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Covitorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Sony has just dropped the first PlayStation 5 details out of nowhere.

Mark Cerny, who was the lead Architect for PlayStation 4 has revealed the first PlayStation 5 details in an exclusive for Wired. This is the first time that Sony has spoken about their next-gen console officially.

It’s been revealed that the console will release in 2020 and has spent four years in development. It will sport a 8 core AMD Zen 2 and will support ray-tracing with its GPU. It will also have an extremely high-end SSD.
Read more at
https://press-start.com.au/news/pla...ficially-confirmed-and-its-releasing-in-2020/

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Covitorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Playstation 5 is launching this week and it looks like some people will be getting them early, just like the XBX. Just remember that there are likely going to be some day one patches, so if you do get yours early and there are any issues then they'll likely be sorted on the real launch day.

The old thread is here for reference

If anyone has a new gaming area or a new TV or something to show off then remember you can showboat here

Selim

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could be launch stock, did Harvey Norman do preorders?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
wouldnt have a clue i preordered through EB and lowkey wish i went through someone else

but it would suck is some stores actually had stock on launch date and someone who didnt preorder one gets one ahead of mine id be filthy tbh

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's always a great time when new consoles come out. Hopefully get my hands on the ps5 around Christmas/my birthday.

Good luck to all those who get it this week. Enjoy 😗

revival_mode

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
i wouldnt have minded bigger again if there were hardware or storage benefits.

i am waiting to see whether it will fit in the existing cabinet i have where the ps4 currenty is, if it doesnt mrs will crack that shits haha

Purple Suit

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle

Jesus, I can't imagine it any bigger than what it is already.

And for the lol's

They are turning into PC’s. The average gaming PC case is probably bigger than the PS5 so not surprising.

I recon Japan would struggle with the amount of living space they have. The vertical nature of the PS5 and the piece of art design (like it or loath it) makes me think they know it’ll end up out in the open or on top of shelves etc. Previously they could be vertical but not sure many actually had them like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JR#8

Premium Gold
Dec 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
They are turning into PC’s. The average gaming PC case is probably bigger than the PS5 so not surprising.

I recon Japan would struggle with the amount of living space they have. The vertical nature of the PS5 and the piece of art design (like it or loath it) makes me think they know it’ll end up out in the open or on top of shelves etc. Previously they could be vertical but not sure many actually had them like that.
Looking forward to the slim redesign in a few years, because the current version is ugly.

pantskyle

Happy to *INSERT*
Oct 1, 2007
Death Mountain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
I'm now in a position where I don't know where to set my PS5 up, I was going to put it on it's side where the PS4 is but now thinking it's better to have it upright.

Deathly

05 | 13
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
What games are you guys getting and what do you plan on playing first?

A lot of the things I'm most excited for won't be out until next year, so I'm still not really sure what I'll boot up first. Maybe Astro to suss out the controller?

HBK619

Premium Platinum
Dec 5, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm and United

A lot of the things I'm most excited for won't be out until next year, so I'm still not really sure what I'll boot up first. Maybe Astro to suss out the controller?
Spiderman Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, COD Cold War, Sackboy, NBA 2K21, Bugsnax and Astrobot.

Spiderman will be my go to to start with.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Picking up Miles Morales and will play Astros Playroom, Bugsnax and Fortnite as freebies.

Having essentially missed out on the PS4 generation the PS Classics will keep me busy for a long time as well.

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Picking up Miles Morales and will play Astros Playroom, Bugsnax and Fortnite as freebies.

Having essentially missed out on the PS4 generation the PS Classics will keep me busy for a long time as well.

You are going to love games like God of War,Horizon Zero Dawn,Last of Us,Uncharted etc

Remove this Banner Ad