PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

It's classic Sony, rather than add value to their current service, they just chuck out a more expensive service.

They were never going to give us more for the same amount, why would they?

At least they haven’t jacked up the price for the basic PS Plus so those who aren’t fussed can just keep the same sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because the current offering is garbage. I can't remember the last time we had a good month with games.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will get free access to three games in January: Deep Rock Galactic (for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5), Dirt 5 (PS4, PS5), and Persona 5 Strikers (PS4). All three games will be available for download via PS Plus starting Jan. 4.

Im going to assume that the majority of the games included will be the ones already given away with PS+ over the years. Struggling to see value here.

Regions without PSNow / Cloud Streaming (AKA us) get an alternative tier called PS+ Deluxe. Where it's the same thing as Premium, but download only, no PS3 titles and cheaper.

Yep that's shithouse but to be expected in Australia. Would have upgraded to the PS3 one instantly to try the great games I missed but will probably just stick with standard instead unless the offerings in the middle tier are outstanding.

I've only ever had a PS+ subscription for online play. I can't remember the last time that I got stuck into any free games, I've just been accumulating them. But for our region and many others, to finally have the option to download games from a newly curated 400+ game library and have access to 340 additional retro games for not much extra, seems like a pretty good price to pay compared to the value I'm getting right now.

If they don't include a tier that includes new first party titles then I don't see how it can compete with game pass in the long term.

Again they don't need to do this to move subscriptions or systems like Xbox does. Why do they need to compete with gamepass, where's Nintendos' gamepass with Day 1 exclusives then? Sony and Nintendo can operate on another level.

Yep that's shithouse but to be expected in Australia. Would have upgraded to the PS3 one instantly to try the great games I missed but will probably just stick with standard instead unless the offerings in the middle tier are outstanding.

Yeah this is the one trash part. They really need to figure out a solution for both PS3 and Vita. Don't care if they're more accessible than the other retro consoles, I want everything to just be eventually centralised properly on PS5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you purchase older games seperately or you can only access them with subscription?

I would consider buying a second hand ps4 pro to buy ps1,2,3 games individually

Curious about this too because I want to play my old PS3 copy of Theme Hospital that was part of the "PS One classics" at the time that went away with the PS4.

the new PS+ thing is exactly what i expected. anyone who was thinking it would have day 1 games hasnt been paying attention to Sony's business model.
The price is the only thing that was a shock. i thought the extra price would be the price of the premium.

It will live or die on the library. Hopefully Sony invest time and money in a PS3 emulator and get that working. or the deal with MS for the Azure servers kicks in for Australia soon and we can be one of the streaming countries soon. not that im keen on playing games via streaming.

The backwards compatibility thing is a bit of a wank, and more of a impulse thing,
How many times have we bought an emulator, or gone back to an old console for those sweet member berries... Only to play for around 20mins and go "Meh" remembering the graphics, bad controls etc, and return to normal gaming.

The backwards compatibility thing is a bit of a wank, and more of a impulse thing,
How many times have we bought an emulator, or gone back to an old console for those sweet member berries... Only to play for around 20mins and go "Meh" remembering the graphics, bad controls etc, and return to normal gaming.
This 100% outside of maybe a metal gear solid game, I don’t know how keen I am to go back and play a few past games.

It would be good if the option was at least available. Multiple God of War games, multiple Metal Gear Solid games, amongst other games. But eh, I have a PS3 so it doesn’t really matter.

It would be good if the option was at least available. Multiple God of War games, multiple Metal Gear Solid games, amongst other games. But eh, I have a PS3 so it doesn’t really matter.
Great games for there times, but more painful to play now than enjoyable, but I get your point of at least having the option.
Would love to see the numbers on XBOX's backwards compatible games actual completion numbers. I reckon there pretty low, hence Sony's stubborness until now. Why go through so much effort to BC if people get through bugger all of the games.

But the latest rumors actually point to something much bigger on the way from PlayStation. On the Kinda Funny Games podcast, host Greg Miller and GamesBeat's Jeff Grubb said they've heard a new acquisition is coming and will be a big one.

With Sony having roughly $10 billion cash left for acquisition deals this year, we could be looking at a major Japanese publisher like CAPCOM (market cap of $5.273 billion), Square Enix (market cap of $5.553 billion), SEGA (market cap of $4.027 billion), and KONAMI (market cap of $8.459 billion). Either way, it sounds like we'll learn of this upcoming deal fairly soon, so stay tuned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back