PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the issue is with AMD struggling to meet production. It really reeks to me of enormous mismanagement at both ends. The bottom line is Sony not being able to keep up with demand must be excruciating. Microsoft are in a similar boat but from all reports in seems the PS5 is even more difficult to nab.

Apparently the issue is with AMD struggling to meet production. It really reeks to me of enormous mismanagement at both ends. The bottom line is Sony not being able to keep up with demand must be excruciating. Microsoft are in a similar boat but from all reports in seems the PS5 is even more difficult to nab.
Not quite.

TSMC, who physically manufacture the SoC that is the brains of both consoles, only has so much manufacturing capacity (something which takes many years of lead time to build up given the complexity of it). AMD, who designs the chips, is already allocating 80% of what they can get from TSMC towards the consoles (and thus hurting their ability to manufacture their own GPUs or CPUs). The only way in which you could call the supply issues of consoles mismanagement is if you thought that there should have been a massive backlog of stock built up before launch, but that is absurd and not the way to conduct business, and would also mean that the consoles still wouldn't have launched in this alternate reality.

And I'd guess that the reason XSX is easier to get than PS5 is that PS5 has a bigger market share worldwide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the call that my ps5 is in so going to pick up on Thursday arvo.

How easy is it to back up data to the cloud from the ps4 so I can redownload on ps5 for games like Ark and FO76?

4DC16351-C9ED-4189-BCB2-4998322D5B77.jpeg

Just upload all your PS4 game saves to the cloud tonight/tomorrow morning and then when you are on the PS5, just go to Saved Data (PS4)>Cloud Storage section and upload your game saves. It should only take a few minutes depending on how many game saves you have.

If you have PS4 games on an external HDD but some were bought on different regions/accounts, you will need all your user accounts on your PS5, like the same setup you would have on your PS4 now. I freaked out at first as I only set up my main account set up, plugged in my external HDD and had about 2GB worth of games missing lol.

Last edited:
Not quite.

TSMC, who physically manufacture the SoC that is the brains of both consoles, only has so much manufacturing capacity (something which takes many years of lead time to build up given the complexity of it). AMD, who designs the chips, is already allocating 80% of what they can get from TSMC towards the consoles (and thus hurting their ability to manufacture their own GPUs or CPUs). The only way in which you could call the supply issues of consoles mismanagement is if you thought that there should have been a massive backlog of stock built up before launch, but that is absurd and not the way to conduct business, and would also mean that the consoles still wouldn't have launched in this alternate reality.

And I'd guess that the reason XSX is easier to get than PS5 is that PS5 has a bigger market share worldwide.

They're predicting the shortage to go through right up until Christmas. IF I'm not able to get a new console within a year of launch there's a problem. The above looks nothing more then company PR spin to the average consumer.

They're predicting the shortage to go through right up until Christmas. IF I'm not able to get a new console within a year of launch there's a problem. The above looks nothing more then company PR spin to the average consumer.

Except it isn't spin, and anyone who follows this sort of stuff and saw how blocked up TSMC's 7nm fab was saw this coming. It's why NVIDIA, another long term TSMC partner, moved to Samsung. Unless more customers like Apple move to 5nm then not much will change any time soon. AMD's plan is short term pain for long term gain as once other customers move on and they buy up more capacity, they'll be able to pump out more SoCs at a greater margin.

Got the call that my ps5 is in so going to pick up on Thursday arvo.

How easy is it to back up data to the cloud from the ps4 so I can redownload on ps5 for games like Ark and FO76?

Which retailer?

Haven’t been on here for a while but got a day 1 PS5 at the beginning. Been playing Valhalla, really enjoying it.

The new controller is much better than the PS4. The storage is absolutely shithouse though.

Luckily I haven’t had any capacity issues yet but I have only played Hitman 3, Valhalla and I have the PS5 Borderlands 3 game installed.

So far the PS5 has been the best PS4 console going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back