PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

So I think I nabbed one from Target this morning. Happened to be online when I got the Twitter alert.
Got through the cart, selected the store to pick up from and then got the following confirmation. However no follow up email or money taken from account... so maybe not?
A02F8BEA-149B-49B2-8975-25B6320CE8AD.png

So I think I nabbed one from Target this morning. Happened to be online when I got the Twitter alert.
Got through the cart, selected the store to pick up from and then got the following confirmation. However no follow up email or money taken from account... so maybe not?
View attachment 1107191

Sounds like they were taking orders and will confirm orders for either availability (they might not have known how many they were getting) or manually checking for bots.

Sounds like they were taking orders and will confirm orders for either availability (they might not have known how many they were getting) or manually checking for bots.
Reading Twitter, it seems a lot of people have already had money taken out of their accounts though, and some then had it refunded. So I'm not feeling too confident but will see.

Reading Twitter, it seems a lot of people have already had money taken out of their accounts though, and some then had it refunded. So I'm not feeling too confident but will see.
So I called Target. No evidence of my purchase on their system.

Got an RDO today so started HZD, what a stunning looking game!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wish I could play the game again with fresh eyes. I love it.

Just cruising around Twitter and saw an interesting thread that made me look this up.

Bend tried to pitch Days Gone 2 to Sony. Sony said yeah nah and instead tried to split Bend by having half work on a multiplayer game with Naughty Dog and a new Uncharted under Naughty Dog supervision. Some staff, including leads, left Bend in fear of being absorbed into Naughty Dog. It got so bad that the rest at Bend asked to be taken off the project. They got their way and are now working on a new project.

Sounds messy. Developers shouldn't have projects forced into them IMO.

Sony doubling down on their biggest earner makes sense, but it seems pretty bad though that Bend staff actually left their job over it. They want to do their own stuff. ND is Sony's big ticket and I get the impression that they just expected others to give up their creative freedom for it. Days Gone still sold really well and had a solid foundation to improve from. Sony need to diversify their studios, not homogenise them, if they want to rely on their exclusives being a draw card vs Microsoft and Game Pass. More titles from unique IPs the better IMO.

Colin Moriarty spent quite a bit of time talking about this on his latest Sacred Symbols podcast, it does sound pretty whack. Apparently Days Gone sold more than all Bend's other releases combined, not sure why Sony wouldn't want to do a sequel.

They also talked about an almost throw away kinda line in the article that said one of the factors in ND doing a TLOU remake was the fact that they were still waiting for Sony to greenlight other potential new IP. Thats legit mind blowing imo. You've got your best studio and possibly best in the industry sitting round with their thumb up their arse to the point where you get them to start a remaster that literally no-one asked for coz corporate can't get their s**t together? Incredible :drunk:

Last edited:
Colin Moriarty spent quite a bit of time talking about this on his latest Sacred Symbols podcast, it does sound pretty whack. Apparently Days Gone sold more than all Bend's other releases combined, not sure why Sony wouldn't want to do a sequel.

They also talked about an almost throw away kinda line in the article that said one of the factors in ND doing a TLOU remake was the fact that they were still waiting for Sony to greenlight other potential new IP. Thats legit mind blowing imo. You've got your best studio and possibly best in the industry sitting round with their thumb up their arse to the point where you get them to start a remaster that literally no-one asked for coz corporate can't get their sh*t together? Incredible :drunk:

That's bonkers if true! Sometimes I'm dubious of these gaming journalists in case they have an axe to grind or something, but I'd believe this one for now as I'm starting to get the impression that Sony have been sitting on their hands for a while now.

I've got to finish HZD because it's fun to play but I find Aloy to be such a dull character that it kind of takes me out of it.
Can't say I agree with this. I found her to be one of the more interesting and in-depth protagonists I've played. Seeing her go from a scared/confused little girl to finding out who she is was a great arc and really part of what made the story so good.

That's bonkers if true! Sometimes I'm dubious of these gaming journalists in case they have an axe to grind or something, but I'd believe this one for now as I'm starting to get the impression that Sony have been sitting on their hands for a while now.

Yeah they went on in the podcast to broaden the chat out to Sony personel and style changes over the last few years. You do get the feeling they're kind of shitting the bed at the moment compared to Xbox (in every other area besides games).

Yeah they went on in the podcast to broaden the chat out to Sony personel and style changes over the last few years. You do get the feeling they're kind of shitting the bed at the moment compared to Xbox (in every other area besides games).

Doubt they care whilst they are still outselling Xbox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, although they did wonder on the pod how much of that is just due to inertia from the PS4 gen.

Probably a fair bit, no denying that the Xbox is the better value for money console.

It just feels like they were expecting the status quo and weren't anticipating Microsoft being so aggressive. Not to sound alarmist or anything because as pants put it they're still outselling, but Microsoft have done nothing but kick goals since Phil Spencer went to the top of gaming there and gamers are actually winning.

Anyway, there is still a long way to go and we've only got one example (Bend and Days Gone) but I get the impression that Sony have been caught resting on their laurels and they think Uncharted and TLOU alone are enough to sell their consoles. As someone who doesn't give a s**t about either franchise but prefers Sony's other exclusives over Microsoft's, I get a bit bummed when it feels like Sony want to put all their eggs into a single basket. I might be getting a wrong read on the situation but it's interesting to hear from more gaming journos picking up on it now.

It just feels like they were expecting the status quo and weren't anticipating Microsoft being so aggressive. Not to sound alarmist or anything because as pants put it they're still outselling, but Microsoft have done nothing but kick goals since Phil Spencer went to the top of gaming there and gamers are actually winning.

Anyway, there is still a long way to go and we've only got one example (Bend and Days Gone) but I get the impression that Sony have been caught resting on their laurels and they think Uncharted and TLOU alone are enough to sell their consoles. As someone who doesn't give a sh*t about either franchise but prefers Sony's other exclusives over Microsoft's, I get a bit bummed when it feels like Sony want to put all their eggs into a single basket. I might be getting a wrong read on the situation but it's interesting to hear from more gaming journos picking up on it now.

Yep, agree with all of that.

I love me some Uncharted and TLOU and even I reckon this is a dumb and lazy move. Would much prefer to see Naughty Dog give us something new.

Returnal is 4K 60FPS w/ Ray tracing (Likely upscaled)

Also there's a 45 minute video coming out tomorrow of the games' beginning, if you feel you need a little more convincing.

Should be interesting.

GIVE ME PSNOW OR ANYTHING THAT LETS ME PLAY METAL GEAR SOLD 4 AGAIN!

Damn it Sony.

This is why I will never sell my PS3 even if I might turn it on once every few months. Because of games like MGS and God of War and quite a few others.

Gee, that market is getting very crowded! Hopefully it turns into competitive pricing and value for money but I won't hold my breath...

I don’t know if they are competing with the other streaming services as such.

From what I can gather it’s a value add for PS+, how much value I don’t know but I suppose they are trying haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back