PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Sony made $8.5B in DLC and mtx.

Probably a fair chunk of that is COD and Fortnite. Epic just released 50% of fortnite revenue is from PS.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Amazon PS5 drop now.

I think I snagged one...
I missed the Amazon drop totally.

The big W drop today was only disk, not digital so missed out again.

I missed the Amazon drop totally.

The big W drop today was only disk, not digital so missed out again.

I only managed to catch it since I had finished work, was cooking dinner and in the phase of "this is boiling, that is searing, life is good an I can sit down and maybe see about looking at gifts for the sis' bday in July and why is this now showing me details..."

I just got lucky and figured if anyone else was on to open here and who knows, since I also didn't see that email wishlist thing you stated previously was useless. I think I just had great timing.

I only managed to catch it since I had finished work, was cooking dinner and in the phase of "this is boiling, that is searing, life is good an I can sit down and maybe see about looking at gifts for the sis' bday in July and why is this now showing me details..."

I just got lucky and figured if anyone else was on to open here and who knows, since I also didn't see that email wishlist thing you stated previously was useless. I think I just had great timing.
I think Big W digital dropped yesterday. Was checking pretty often and they keptplaying around with their website. I checked once and it said "available" and allowed me to add to a basket, but then said there was an error... I refreshed and then it said "coming soon" again :(

I was also at a shopping centre today and decided to drop intoan EB and ask if they had any out the back... the guy said funnily enough they received one this morning for the first time but about 45 minutes before I walked in the shop a girl came in, asked and got it. He said she couldn't believe her luck.

3 times the bridesmaid but never the bride :(

So I called Target. No evidence of my purchase on their system.

Funny addition to this story. At the time, Target offered to raise an investigation to see what happened as they had no details/evidence despite me having the transaction proof I posted here at the time.

I had to give the customer service guy my card details so he could track and trace the online purchase to see where the issue was. He said it would be 24-48 hours before I heard back.

After a week, they never got back to me so I called up yesterday...

...They also have no evidence that an investigation was raised - it's not on their system.

So I've now given Target my details including my card details twice... and they've vanished both times. Slightly concerning.

Last edited:
Of all the things missing;

Screw from the base to connect it, and do you think they have sizing information at all for it? What is a what, 20c piece if that screw? Hilarity.

Are you saying you turned the compartment at the base and no screw inside?

Are you saying you turned the compartment at the base and no screw inside?

Initially yes, then I actually dropped it (unintentionally) and heard a rattle.

Turned out it wasnt in the compartment properly and what I thought was resistance, was it being stuck like a bastard as yay shipping I suppose?

I mean, I saw where it was supposed to be when I posted the above...

Initially yes, then I actually dropped it (unintentionally) and heard a rattle.

Turned out it wasnt in the compartment properly and what I thought was resistance, was it being stuck like a bastard as yay shipping I suppose?

I mean, I saw where it was supposed to be when I posted the above...

You silly banana.

You silly banana.

Yep, guilty.

I pivoted it to the point where it wasn't 100% plush but felt resistance so thought "maybe they screwed something in manufacturing" as eyeballing it still fit within the grill at the back. In the process of flipping it over to give it a looksee, I saw an open compartment, hole for the cap on the unit and no silver screw, before I twitched, RA kicked in and I watched it tumble.

Then I heard the unmistakable sound of something metallic hitting something, and I was like "that's plastic, that's not, you idiot.." CBF amending the post, started plugging things in and updating instead.

Is a nice console, did end up having to move my TV (55" Bravia) 50mm to the left to accommodate it though to then have 10mm either side for venting, like the way it looks and that controller is nice, feels comfy to hold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, guilty.

I pivoted it to the point where it wasn't 100% plush but felt resistance so thought "maybe they screwed something in manufacturing" as eyeballing it still fit within the grill at the back. In the process of flipping it over to give it a looksee, I saw an open compartment, hole for the cap on the unit and no silver screw, before I twitched, RA kicked in and I watched it tumble.

Then I heard the unmistakable sound of something metallic hitting something, and I was like "that's plastic, that's not, you idiot.." CBF amending the post, started plugging things in and updating instead.

Is a nice console, did end up having to move my TV (55" Bravia) 50mm to the left to accommodate it though to then have 10mm either side for venting, like the way it looks and that controller is nice, feels comfy to hold.

Feels like a next gen console with the design,controller,OS

Nothing against Xbox (have a One X) but the series X just feels like an updated Xbox.

Feels like a next gen console with the design,controller,OS

Nothing against Xbox (have a One X) but the series X just feels like an updated Xbox.

I have a 360 only but never got comfortable with that controller at all, it reminded me of the gamecube controller in a way and I hated where the joysticks were orientated and that they basically had a fat arse with the battery compartments/motor instances. if they did something like Nintendo did with the Wii / Switch where they were separate it's fine, but ina standard controller is s**t to hold for me.

With my RA being a s**t hand wise, xbox being your primary FPS and PC port kinda console originally never really gelled with me, as Kb & mouse allowed me to screw up basially and not drop s**t or otherwise maybe beak something. So I've also no intention to get a series X at present, but going by your feelings on that controller, seems I'd also hate it so made the better choice for me at least.

This controller just feels great to hold and it's weight is evenly distributed where it doesn't feel lop sided or like it's dragging your hands places.

has anyone purchased a wireless keyboard for their PS5?

I cant type with a controller anymore. Its too painful. Passwords, messaging in games, searching on youtube... i just need a wireless keyboard now.

Any recommendations?

Happened to be in Bendigo today and decided to call up the local EB, Harvey Norman, Big W etc just to see what wait times are.

One said "the wait list is long - we are not accepting anyone else but believe we may be in a position in June to take new orders. Hold on, our system says we have one in stock... that can't be right, we have never had any spare stock and our wait list is quite long. Let me investigate."

5A0D0FE2-E785-4391-81DA-594B1993E80C.jpeg

Happened to be in Bendigo today and decided to call up the local EB, Harvey Norman, Big W etc just to see what wait times are.

One said "the wait list is long - we are not accepting anyone else but believe we may be in a position in June to take new orders. Hold on, our system says we have one in stock... that can't be right, we have never had any spare stock and our wait list is quite long. Let me investigate."

View attachment 1120636
so you took some poor bastards console whos been sitting on the waiting list? :devil:

quick or the dead as they say

so you took some poor bastards console whos been sitting on the waiting list? :devil:

quick or the dead as they say
Unallocated stock = winner winner chicken dinner

very lucky. bloody good console - super happy with mine
In a twist of fate, our internet is down and NBN people are not coming out until 27th May... so won't be able to use it until after then.
The box is pretty though!

In a twist of fate, our internet is down and NBN people are not coming out until 27th May... so won't be able to use it until after then.
The box is pretty though!
This is karma for stealing someone in the wait list's PS5! Haha

Kind of a dick move from the staff, but it's a win for you!

One of us! One of us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back