PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
There are a few more compatible SSDs now, but you're still looking at around $299 for 1TB and $549 for 2TB. There are some in stock floating around and I was going to grab one in preparation but it might be smarter to wait for feedback from those with the beta firmware.

There are a few more compatible SSDs now, but you're still looking at around $299 for 1TB and $549 for 2TB. There are some in stock floating around and I was going to grab one in preparation but it might be smarter to wait for feedback from those with the beta firmware.
Hi mate, can you point me in the direction of a 1tb $300 one please

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi mate, can you point me in the direction of a 1tb $300 one please

According to the requirements listed by Sony this Aorus Gen 4 7000 should be compatible. Make sure it's the 7000 series as there is a similarly named Aorus Gen 4 that definitely isn't compatible.

Looks like Press Start are doing the hard yards and frequently updating this following page. Once there is confirmation I suspect there will be a mass shortage of these drives so it might be a good idea to get in now. However if you're not too fussed about waiting then I'd just wait and see feedback from everyone else first.

According to the requirements listed by Sony this Aorus Gen 4 7000 should be compatible. Make sure it's the 7000 series as there is a similarly named Aorus Gen 4 that definitely isn't compatible.

Looks like Press Start are doing the hard yards and frequently updating this following page. Once there is confirmation I suspect there will be a mass shortage of these drives so it might be a good idea to get in now. However if you're not too fussed about waiting then I'd just wait and see feedback from everyone else first.

I just grabbed that. Thanks for the help again.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I just grabbed that. Thanks for the help again.

You're in the beta program aren't you?

Edit: confirmed to work. Just ordered myself one too to beat the shortages once the firmware is out of beta and for the rest of us plebs. For anyone else looking at this model make sure it says 7000s as the standard Aorus Gen 4 is not compatible.

Last edited:

Edit: confirmed to work. Just ordered myself one too to beat the shortages once the firmware is out of beta and for the rest of us plebs. For anyone else looking at this model make sure it says 7000s as the standard Aorus Gen 4 is not compatible.

No I decided not to join the beta program this time around due to issues with trying to play with friends on the proper version last time. It's only a beta feature at the moment? They usually don't last too long.

Tempted on mwave as I have a $60 credit as I use them for work IT purchases.

Mine arrived today. Now to continue playing the wait game. I didn't realise how small these things are. Thought they were longer like a stick of ram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Mine arrived today. Now to continue playing the wait game. I didn't realise how small these things are. Thought they were longer like a stick of ram.

Mine arrives tomorrow I think. I've been looking around for reviews and stuff and apparently there are no dramas using these drives so that's all good.

So I'm starting to get the issue where the PS5 shuts down whilst in rest mode and I get the 'you didn't shut down properly' message once I turn it back on again. Is there a fix for this or going forward or do I just have to keep turning it off when I'm not using it forevermore?

So I'm starting to get the issue where the PS5 shuts down whilst in rest mode and I get the 'you didn't shut down properly' message once I turn it back on again. Is there a fix for this or going forward or do I just have to keep turning it off when I'm not using it forevermore?
Dont even risk it. Take it back to where you got it and replace under warranty imo.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Dont even risk it. Take it back to where you got it and replace under warranty imo.
Seems extreme, I’d wait for the new update to drop first and see if that fixes it.

Also check that your TV / HDMI setup hasn’t been changed so that it is turning on somehow/someone else. Could even be losing power thru a brown out.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
any good games come out recently? im a bit out of the loop but obviously not going to be doing much of anything this weekend. chipping away at FF7 remake but i need to break it up with something a bit different

If you are on PS5 Returnal is an excellent game if you are into that sort of genre.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seems extreme, I’d wait for the new update to drop first and see if that fixes it.

Also check that your TV / HDMI setup hasn’t been changed so that it is turning on somehow/someone else. Could even be losing power thru a brown out.
My TV/HDMI has gone a bit weird lately, for some reason it wouldn't pick up the Foxtel box and when it finally did it decided to label it as Telstra. Power shouldn't be an issue as I've got the PS5 plugged into a UPS.

Extreme? Nah it's a 750 dollar console that is broken under a year in. Definitly return it.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Farkin finally got one today and won the competition of actually being able to get my payment details in and confirmed before the site crashes or they're sold out within 45 seconds. I don't know how anyone who isn't following one of these twitter bot accounts that shout out when a site has them on sale has any hope given the rush there is even if you're on the site the second they go live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back