PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had a physical copy of Death Stranding for ages now, can I just pop it in and navigate to the Director Cut upgrade option and purchase? Also is it worth playing now with that update?

I have had a physical copy of Death Stranding for ages now, can I just pop it in and navigate to the Director Cut upgrade option and purchase? Also is it worth playing now with that update?

It was worth playing before (and yeah I'd hope it's as simple as putting it in and upgrading).

One of my biggest gaming regrets this one, went away for christmas and logged onto the local PS4 and downloaded the game and played a very large amount over the few weeks, forgot to put my save to the cloud and lost it all. Couldn't bring myself to go back.

Not sure if it applies to physical, but for digital the director cut looked like a free upgrade, but for $20 I could upgrade my digital PS4 base game version to PS5 director's cut.

Hell Let Loose PS5 Beta was interesting, a fair bit of lag so I'd hope that's improved.

Nice looking game. I killed more teammates than I did enemies.

Hell Let Loose PS5 Beta was interesting, a fair bit of lag so I'd hope that's improved.

Nice looking game. I killed more teammates than I did enemies.

I didn't even know there was a PS5 beta. I sunk quite a few hours into it on PC when it was early access and as a WW2 enthusiast it was probably the closest thing I've ever played to a sim. Interesting to see what the console community would be like as the majority of the PC community were also enthusiasts and it seemed like the ARMA sort of crowd. Mics and communication were mandatory to not get kicked from your squad. Played the odd game were my squad and a few others were full on RP'ing Wehrmacht. Took me a bit to adjust with really rusty German lol.

I didn't even know there was a PS5 beta. I sunk quite a few hours into it on PC when it was early access and as a WW2 enthusiast it was probably the closest thing I've ever played to a sim. Interesting to see what the console community would be like as the majority of the PC community were also enthusiasts and it seemed like the ARMA sort of crowd. Mics and communication were mandatory to not get kicked from your squad. Played the odd game were my squad and a few others were full on RP'ing Wehrmacht. Took me a bit to adjust with really rusty German lol.

Yeah had a beta only over the last few weeks, certainly heard no talking from squad members, unsure if it's cross-play.

It was worth playing before (and yeah I'd hope it's as simple as putting it in and upgrading).

One of my biggest gaming regrets this one, went away for christmas and logged onto the local PS4 and downloaded the game and played a very large amount over the few weeks, forgot to put my save to the cloud and lost it all. Couldn't bring myself to go back.
I did something similar, put it down for about 4/5 months. Opted to start again from fresh and did not regret it 1 bit. Gave me more ideas when starting with what gear to hoard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it fun? Reviews are mixed, ranging from uninspiring to charming
Im finding the controls a bit frustrating. The same button is used to do multiple things in combat which causes (at least for me) a lot of missed timed button presses meaning instead of attacking I just stand still. The small window of time to parry is incredibly annoying and near impossible to pull off. Some of the bosses have been difficult but I think that's more just me not knowing their attack animations yet or diving the wrong way.

I like the story, but the puzzle elements are a bit easy once you know what you're looking for. For an animation company some of their animations are a bit wonky, mainly when moving/attacking/crouch etc then returning to a standing stop. It's a good game but maybe $20 more than it should be. Knowing what I know about it now i'd wait for a sale or for it to come to PS plus.

Trying to use my PC to download a game from my library. I go to the store to find the game and click download. It takes me to my library of 400+ games. There is no search. No filters apart from all, ps4 or ps5. It's not in alphabetical order. In fact I don't know what order it is in (possibly last item downloaded?). It wants me to scroll through page by page, 24 at a time trying to find the game I want. Ended up using the app on my phone and finding it in 2 seconds. Why is the website so bad?

1633045172284.png

Trying to use my PC to download a game from my library. I go to the store to find the game and click download. It takes me to my library of 400+ games. There is no search. No filters apart from all, ps4 or ps5. It's not in alphabetical order. In fact I don't know what order it is in (possibly last item downloaded?). It wants me to scroll through page by page, 24 at a time trying to find the game I want. Ended up using the app on my phone and finding it in 2 seconds. Why is the website so bad?

View attachment 1250288
Website has been trash since they updated it. you can search on the app.

Im finding the controls a bit frustrating. The same button is used to do multiple things in combat which causes (at least for me) a lot of missed timed button presses meaning instead of attacking I just stand still. The small window of time to parry is incredibly annoying and near impossible to pull off. Some of the bosses have been difficult but I think that's more just me not knowing their attack animations yet or diving the wrong way.

I like the story, but the puzzle elements are a bit easy once you know what you're looking for. For an animation company some of their animations are a bit wonky, mainly when moving/attacking/crouch etc then returning to a standing stop. It's a good game but maybe $20 more than it should be. Knowing what I know about it now i'd wait for a sale or for it to come to PS plus.
Makes sense, cheers.

I am seriously put off by the use of the mechanic to signpost where to climb. I know it's not a big deal to some but it makes me unreasonably pissed off and I hate it so much. It's just unnecessary spoonfeeding at best, to the point of being almost patronizing

Anyone played much of Kena?

I’ve played a couple of hours and finding it a abit boring, combat in particular. It’s very pretty though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone played much of Kena?

I’ve played a couple of hours and finding it a abit boring, combat in particular. It’s very pretty though.

Did you leave it on the default difficulty? I'm pretty sure it defaults to the easiest mode for some reason.

I really liked it. Didn't really have any problems with the combat, I thought it was fun, especially as you unlock more abilities. Good puzzles too, even if most were pretty easy.

If anything it would have been good to earn the higher rot levels quicker, since by the time you get to the 4th level you're pretty much about to beat the game.

Combat and parrying system was wonky as fck could never master the timing to parry only thing I didn’t like about the game

Also had to put the difficulty on easy when fighting bosses just damm too hard even on medium

Parrying is terrible, worst I’ve ever seen in a video game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back