PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Update 2: died again while playing after an hour or so of working that session, decided it wasn't worth putting up with it dying whether it was common or only occasional so I took it into JB, told them about the problems without mentioning the cause and got a replacement. God bless Australian consumer rights. (This post cannot be used legally against me)
Now you can take your rice back to the supermarket and tell them it tastes terrible to get a new bag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s crazy that PS5’s still aren’t readily available even now. I am luck I am not in the exact same boat. After last years PS5 showcase where they announced the release date, they never said the pre-orders would be up after the showcase and the only reason I knew about them was because someone on here said they were up on all the major retailers websites. Has I just gone about my day, I would have missed out completely and been looking for a PS5 right now.

I think if I miss out of a PS6 at launch, I wouldn’t care where that time comes. The PS5 is such a good PS4/PS5 system and games are made for last and current gen for at least two to three years into a cycle anyway.

What are your guy's thoughts on picking up a PS5 on eBay? I'm aware they're inflated in price but it doesn't bother me too much.

If you are asking for yourself (and not opinions of buying off eBay) and the prices don’t bother you, I say go for it. A didigital only console would certainly bring the price down even on eBay but not sure if you’d go for that. This person is selling a digital only console for $950, which is $200 more expensive than a retail disc/digital console

You are looking at probably $500-600 over retail prices for a disc/digital console. If you go this route do some due diligence where you won’t be scammed (like take a video of you opening the PS5 when you get it, to avoid having to keep the $1000 brick you just bought :p)

If you are asking for yourself (and not opinions of buying off eBay) and the prices don’t bother you, I say go for it. A didigital only console would certainly bring the price down even on eBay but not sure if you’d go for that. This person is selling a digital only console for $950, which is $200 more expensive than a retail disc/digital console

You are looking at probably $500-600 over retail prices for a disc/digital console.
I would buy disc version, spoke to the boss and she doesn't mind me/us spending that much.

I would rather buy one in store but who knows when that is going to be possible.

I would buy disc version, spoke to the boss and she doesn't mind me/us spending that much.

I would rather buy one in store but who knows when that is going to be possible.

I kept hearing people speculating 2022 earlier this year and didn’t think it would be that long, but here we are in October and still no closer to being able to just walk into a store to buy one.

If the boss approves, then go for it. I could think of worse things to spend an extra $400-500 on.

What are your guy's thoughts on picking up a PS5 on eBay? I'm aware they're inflated in price but it doesn't bother me too much.
What do you want it for? Are there games on PS5 you are desperate to play?

I would not touch digital with a 10 foot pole though, you will forever be overpaying for games, can't resell them or buy second hand. You'll be losing money the entire time you own the digital version. Disc gives you both options for a couple of hundreds bucks extra at the start, you'll make that money back in a few games.

What do you want it for? Are there games on PS5 you are desperate to play?

I would not touch digital with a 10 foot pole though, you will forever be overpaying for games, can't resell them or buy second hand. You'll be losing money the entire time you own the digital version. Disc gives you both options for a couple of hundreds bucks extra at the start, you'll make that money back in a few games.

I wish I did. :p

I am full digital and still went the disc version. Reason being in case I buy a 4K TV and movies in the future, I doubt I will. But eh, my PS5 ended up costing me $150 out of pocket with the rest using $600 in gift cards my family gave me over a 3 year period, so I can’t really complain that much.

I wish I did. :p

I am full digital and still went the disc version. Reason being in case I buy a 4K TV and movies in the future, I doubt I will. But eh, my PS5 ended up costing me $150 out of pocket with the rest using $600 in gift cards my family gave me over a 3 year period, so I can’t really complain that much.
I was lucky I got the disc version at EB games relatively early in the piece, as a pre order that I picked up in December. The digital only was never an option for me, I'd be happy to wait til now even if I missed the disc. I can't justify the extra coin lol, over the lifetime of the PS5 that's hundreds or thousands more people will spend.

If digital turns out the better prices over time, disc version still gives you that option. However you can still sell your games, buy second hand, borrow/swap with people, play PS4 disc games, have a 4k Bluray player (also worth money to buy separately). No brainer.

Sony have rorted tens of thousands with the digital version, "$200" cheaper, then they've got you over a barrel with the Playstation Store prices for the lifetime of the console. It's the greatest marketing of all time.

Last edited:
Over half my friends that I play with on PS have upgraded already, one of them thought it would be wise to save money and get the digital version.

He complains about it all the time and he probably cops s**t from us every week because of it lol.

I was lucky I got the disc version at EB games relatively early in the piece, as a pre order that I picked up in December. The digital only was never an option for me, I'd be happy to wait til now even if I missed the disc. I can't justify the extra coin lol, over the lifetime of the PS5 that's hundreds or thousands more people will spend.

If digital turns out the better prices over time, disc version still gives you that option.

Sony have rorted tens of thousands with the disc version, "$200" cheaper, then they've got you over a barrel with the Playstatiom Store prices for the lifetime of the console. It's the greatest marketing of all time.

With me I think it was just the cleanliness of not having lots and lots of game cases everywhere as I don’t really have the space to store them and I have two big external HDD’s so that’s where my games are. I have never really thought that I don’t play a particular game and I wish I could sell it.

You will be surprised that I have over a hundred games right now between PS4 and PS5 (about 15 PS Plus, a lot of them were on sale and about 20 day 1 releases), that I could go down the list and say there are very few that I wouldn’t play and wish I could sell. Most of those games are PS Plus games.

With me I think it was just the cleanliness of not having lots and lots of game cases everywhere as I don’t really have the space to store them and I have two big external HDD’s so that’s where my games are. I have never really thought that I don’t play a particular game and I wish I could sell it.

You will be surprised that I have over a hundred games right now between PS4 and PS5 (about 15 PS Plus, a lot of them were on sale and about 20 day 1 releases), that I could go down the list and say there are very few that I wouldn’t play and wish I could sell. Most of those games are PS Plus games.
Whatever works for you, with PS plus subscription heaps of the games I've sold I end up getting back as free monthly games or downloads, there's at least a dozen on the PS4 classics/ monthly games list that I've sold my copies for in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back