PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

7drHiqr.gif

I’ve been trying to figure out how much cheaper the digital version needs to be for me to go for that, are there enough PSN sales to offset paying full RRP for the new releases?

I’ve gone all digital with my switch, and it’s great. But it’s a a bit different being a hand healed I play 90% of the time when I’m out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve been trying to figure out how much cheaper the digital version needs to be for me to go for that, are there enough PSN sales to offset paying full RRP for the new releases?

I’ve gone all digital with my switch, and it’s great. But it’s a a bit different being a hand healed I play 90% of the time when I’m out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Depends on what you play and when you want to play them I guess. For me digital only isn't an option purely because of the pricing and my needs to play day one. I save 30+ dollars a game by getting disc games.

Shipping into the US has risen significantly in the past few months, from China it has gone from USD1500 to USD3500 whilst shipments into Australia it’s still around USD1500 per TEU. The only place where you might see a higher cost into Australia will be via the Sydney Port where industrial action has added an extra few $100 to clearance costs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont give a fu** about your shitty trailers Sony. Give me a price and date.
Would LOL if they trolled at the event on Thursday and didn't announce a release date or price. Just end the show with "Holiday 2020" Hahaha

I get the feeling that they will just drop all the 2022 & 2023 games that are coming too. God of War 2/5, Next Naughty dog game, bloodborne 2 maybe, Knack 3

I guess that's the issue of putting all of your eggs into one basket. They can't just hold up production of everything else due to yield issues as AMD have other products also booked on TSMC 7nm. Lower yields also typically result in higher prices though Sony may have little wiggle room there since their competition has already been priced. It may however have been why they have taken so long to announce anything.

Pricing expected to be US 449 for disk drive and 399 for diskless.

Yield issues are a concern.

Surely it won't be that low. I would have thought 499 & 399 the best deal we could possibly get unless the PS5 overall performance is significantly under powered with the XBSX and 3rd party titles aren't as good.

With Sony so far in front and enough people will trust them that i wouldn't be surprised if they go a bit higher to pocket some cash when initial pre-order demand is strong and then cut the price 6 months later if they are losing ground. Keep releasing great exclusive games and the performance difference or price won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back