PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence backwards compability makes it a fairly early buy for me. I get to finish my PS4 list and also take advantage of a new PS5 game and features. Best of both worlds.

As long as the price is under $850 AUD, anything more and Il hold off a bit.

I reckon it will be between $850-$999.

Fingers crossed it's on the lower end.

Its my understanding it's backwards compatible to only ps4????

Please be false, I still play a couple of ps3 games I have (NCAA Football 13, NFL Head Coast 09ish) and might play a ps2 game or two if allowed (Madden 07, or some of the old Lotr games)

Please be false, I still play a couple of ps3 games I have (NCAA Football 13, NFL Head Coast 09ish) and might play a ps2 game or two if allowed (Madden 07, or some of the old Lotr games)

Which PS2 LOTR games are playable via BC? I desperately want to play two towers and Return of the king, even conquest and war in the north were great LOTR games.

Only to PS4 as they're using the same architecture. Anything earlier would require emulation.

Which PS2 LOTR games are playable via BC? I desperately want to play two towers and Return of the king, even conquest and war in the north were great LOTR games.
I desperately want to play The Third Age
Though, wouldn't mind War in the North for another play through
But TT and ROTK were great as well (TT a better game, but ROTK had some better levels)

Only to PS4 as they're using the same architecture. Anything earlier would require emulation.
:( I have more ps2 games I love than ps4
From ps4 Id only hang onto the original middle earth Shadow of Mordor game. and MAYBE Shadow of war (Still need my platinum trophy. Just CBF killing a troll while riding a troll - Was a nightmare when I tried the first time)

Seriously? $800 for a ******* video game console? I'm a mad Playstation dude but that is way too expensive. Minimum should be $500-$550.
Always a premium price when released.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After years of having an Xbox as my main console i'm going to jump to PS5.

I'm assuming Xbox Scarlett exculisve games will be backwards compatible on the one x

Why have you decided to switch out of curiosity? Microsoft have some of the best studios lined up for next gen and with Game Pass I would have thought that would make Xbox the clear preference for anyone currently on the platform.

I would assume similar backwards compatibility too as the next Xbox will be running on the same architecture as the Xbox One. What hasn't been really mentioned though for either system is the level of compatibility out of the box or if games will require a patch from the developer if there is any major change to the framework on the newer system. Kind of like upgrading to a newer version of Windows.

Why have you decided to switch out of curiosity? Microsoft have some of the best studios lined up for next gen and with Game Pass I would have thought that would make Xbox the clear preference for anyone currently on the platform.

I would assume similar backwards compatibility too as the next Xbox will be running on the same architecture as the Xbox One. What hasn't been really mentioned though for either system is the level of compatibility out of the box or if games will require a patch from the developer if there is any major change to the framework on the newer system. Kind of like upgrading to a newer version of Windows.

Been with Microsoft since the OG Xbox thought I change it up.

I own a PS4 Pro and One X. The One X is my multiplat console with PS4 for Sony exclusives I'm just swapping my preferences around from all reports the PS5 and Scarlett specs are baicsly the same so there will be * all difference in terms of graphics and horsepower

Last edited:
Hmm looks fatter.

I like the design of the PS controllers so hope they dont change too much. I just wish they'd make the touchpad better so more devs would use it.

Hmm looks fatter.

I like the design of the PS controllers so hope they dont change too much. I just wish they'd make the touchpad better so more devs would use it.
I recon the touchpad will be a screen. Might even be like a phone with letter inputs when typing or game specific info when required.

The Haptic feed back on the triggers is also suppose to be a major game changer too. I loved the way the axe felt in GOW so hopefully it's twice as good.

This is the same video as I posted in the Xbox Series X thread but it's an excuse to bump this one. The first half focuses more on the PS5. Sony are aiming for a price with this one so it might be around what the PS4 was. I doubt they'll just stand back and let Microsoft have a free swing at the "most powerful console" title so expect something beefier. The alleged leaks hint at this being the "lite" version anyway.

I don't mind it at all, unsure why anyone would have a sook about it, it's called the PS5 and it's a nice, sharp logo.

Getting trolled on Twitter (and they should) as they haven't changed any of it since PS2. Xbox at least have different names.

Originality isn't in Sony's character.
In what universe is Xbox -> 360 -> One -> One S -> Series X preferable to 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5?

In fact, in what universe does it even make the slightest bit of difference? Probably one of the more bizarre things I've seen people get uppity about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back