PS3 Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to remember that there's only 6 actual confirmed characters right now.

And those were the base showings. Just to show that there's going to be something from every walk of Sony life.

I'd expect there to be a nice full roster by the time the game is shown to the public. Would expect at least another 6 to be named at E3.

So from the looks of it, it's SSB but it uses similar combat mechanics to Dissidia in that you only have a handful of attacks that actually kill the opponent and have other attacks that whittle down your opponents health or make you stronger.

2 characters announced today. Tekken's Heihachi Mishima, and Sony mascot Toro Inoue. Also showing off the new Parappa/Killzone environment.

Bringing the characters announced to 10 (*EDIT) and stages to 5.

2 more characters are being announced next week at San Diego Comic-Con.

Coming after the announcement of the release date of October 26th for Australia.

Name is ugh. I prefer Sony Smash Bros.
Concise and to the point.

On the upside it looks good. Superbot have said they will most likely have something akin to the MLB 12 cross platform deal for Vita/PS3 purchases which is good.

No, I get that. I just prefer using Sony Smash Bros. when talking about the game. The actual title is too long winded.
Just call it PS All Stars then.:) Not like I'm forcing you at gun point to say the entire title.

Yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise, surprise. Cole MacGrath and Jak & Daxter have been announced as being in PS All Stars.

Apparently a new stage is Uncharted/Warhawk (Starhawk maybe?). But hasn't been shown off as of yet.

That brings the roster to 12 (*EDIT) playable's now.

Reveal trailers below.

Cole MacGrath:

Jak & Daxter:

Roster is 12.

Kratos
Radec
Sly Cooper
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Parappa

Big Daddy
Drake

Heihachi
Toro

Jak & Daxter
Cole

Roster is 12.

Kratos
Radec
Sly Cooper
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Parappa

Big Daddy
Drake

Heihachi
Toro

Jak & Daxter
Cole
Ah right, I hadn't added Big Daddy and Drake to the list.:oops:

meh, game will bomb as long as it doesn't have stock lives.

it'd be like playing smash bros and not being able to knock people off the stage.

oh wait, it's exactly like that :thumbsdown:
I think you have this game confused with something else.

This ISN'T Smash Bros. They're creating their own unique identity for a game.

Why dont they just reveal all the characters that 99% of PS3 owners already know of and surprise us with the announcements for a change.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is to keep the game in the headlines. Releasing all the characters at the same time wouldn't get them as much hype and exposure as releasing 2 or 3 characters at regular intervals. Marketing wise its probably better to do it this way, I would expect they will release the bigger suprise names closer to release date.

Would of preferred them to develop this as a PS4 launch title, would help the PS4 sales and sales of All Stars.

well you could've fooled me, it sure does look like smash bros with sony* characters
The term looks can be deceiving goes well here. ;)

The team has come out and stated that they've obviously taken plenty from Smash Bros, but it's not JUST that game that they're taking elements from. They want to forge a unique fighting game and this is their unique take. Can't knock it, until you try it. These guys also grew up with Smash Bros. but believe their system works, why not take their word?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back