PS3 Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave it a quick go earlier.

The only issue I really had was that I lost my character a few times in the chaos, although that could be because it was Kratos (me) Vs Kratos Vs Kratos Vs Sweet Tooth, so there were times where I was following a Kratos, but it was the wrong one (there are different 'costume' variations, just that one is relatively similar, the other is a full black Kratos).

Apart from that it was really fast, crisp and just overall fun. I was the first in my match to get a level 3 super up and got a couple of kills from it. But I couldn't do enough damage on my level 1 super's to win the game, finished second with 4 points behind the leader with 8 (I think I had 4 kills and 2 deaths IIRC).

Will have to give it more of a run later tonight and in the coming days, but the gameplay is really fast and always on, although you do feel like you have a chance to back away for a second or two as well. Liking it so far.

I'm not going to disagree with you on that stupid cat being terrible, but that thing is actually the Playstation mascot in Japan*, so yes there would be plenty of people who like it and are glad to see it in the game.

You can't judge a whole roster on the worst character, that would make every fighting game roster s**t.

On Snake, Crash etc it's out of Sony's hands unfortunately. All the major first party characters are in. I'm not going to blame Superbot (dev) for Activision etc being arseholes.

There will be a couple more DLC characters, so perhaps we will still get a third party heavy hitter.

Beta goes public for everyone next week, will try it then.

* Yes, really... Japan is insane.
Snake's absence the one that really blows my mind. Explain how they ended up with that NTTAWWTter Raiden instead of the most iconic character on the Playstation? Even Smash Bros have Snake, and he hadn't appeared on a Nintendo Console since the 8-bit era.

Speaking of NTTAWWTters, is it just me, or is this roster a bit gay? Only two female characters, only one is appealing to look at, then you have characters like The Cat, Raiden, Sackboy and Parappa the Rapper and all of a sudden we have the queerest roster in a fighting game since Guilty Gear.

Snake's absence the one that really blows my mind. Explain how they ended up with that NTTAWWTter Raiden instead of the most iconic character on the Playstation? Even Smash Bros have Snake, and he hadn't appeared on a Nintendo Console since the 8-bit era.
Because Publishers are dickheads and only looking towards their hip pocket?
Speaking of NTTAWWTters, is it just me, or is this roster a bit gay? Only two female characters, only one is appealing to look at, then you have characters like The Cat, Raiden, Sackboy and Parappa the Rapper and all of a sudden we have the queerest roster in a fighting game since Guilty Gear.
Weren't you the one mentioning Cloud Strife literally 6 posts ago? Now you're making homophobic jibes?! Is this Primary School?!?!!!!

I'm sure it'd be super manly with a guy named Cloud on the roster though.:rolleyes:

Because Publishers are dickheads and only looking towards their hip pocket?Weren't you the one mentioning Cloud Strife literally 6 posts ago? Now you're making homophobic jibes?! Is this Primary School?!?!!!!

I'm sure it'd be super manly with a guy named Cloud on the roster though.:rolleyes:
...you got me

Initially wasn't too excited for this but as time has gone on I have gotten more and more geared up for it. Most first impressions seem to be that it is very addictive. Can't wait, and will be awesome to play with the nephews.

_-Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Twin-Snakes-GameCube-_.jpg

Actually I think there are two reasons we don't have Snake.

a) Because Snake was on SSBB, thus creating a direct line of comparison between the two franchises.

b) Because there is a shiny new Raiden game out in a few months and they want press for him.

Damn, this game is just very fun!

There's a few issues here and there, Radec's sniper shot is too powerful and covers too much of the map. And there could do with being a continue on option after matches instead of putting you back to a search menu (although I'm guessing that's just the beta).

But apart from that the game is just fun. There's a good amount of moves and variation on your characters that you're not just spamming the same thing over and over again. And there's a surprising amount of precision needed for a lot of moves too, so spamming half the time just won't nail you as many shots either.

There's also a good system going with the supers. You can definitely wait and build up to the 3rd tier which could nail you a bunch of kills in a small time, or you go for the supers when you get them. The key is that it does take a fair amount to get to the 3rd super and if you have decent opponents they can target you to make sure you're not gaining much after you have the 2.

I had a great last match then which I lost by just 1 point, after I saved up to the level 3 super with Sweet Tooth and thus got the mech with about 4 seconds left (the time stops until your super runs out) and I nailed 4 kills in that time. Just needed one more and I would've had the win. But would I have won the match if I used my supers as I got them and more strategically? Who knows. That's the good and key element is that there's tactics behind the super usage. If you get the chance and see people bunched in a corner you're best to just use whatever you have and see if you can nail 2+ at once.

Need some BigFers on to have a party up.;)

Damn, this game is just very fun!

There's a few issues here and there, Radec's sniper shot is too powerful and covers too much of the map. And there could do with being a continue on option after matches instead of putting you back to a search menu (although I'm guessing that's just the beta).

But apart from that the game is just fun. There's a good amount of moves and variation on your characters that you're not just spamming the same thing over and over again. And there's a surprising amount of precision needed for a lot of moves too, so spamming half the time just won't nail you as many shots either.
Name one fighting game that rewards you for spamming attacks.

Will probably buy this game on release. Would've downloaded the beta if it was for all members not just Plus guys.
I believe it'll be available next week for non-Plusers.

Or you know, you could grab Plus, not like it's a bad deal.;)
Name one fighting game that rewards you for spamming attacks.
I don't know, I don't play them. It was called an observation and I made it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be nice if Premiers04 and I could actually manage to play out a full game of this.

Constantly getting timed out on the brink of victory.

Well we did win 1 before it kicked us :D and i got a kill in the last game before i lost connection to host

Undefeated PS Allstars champions of the world

Party of 4 is needed for the beta at least, hopefully local search in final release.

From Game Informer?

Guys,

i have a 90 day code for anyone wanting it. PM me. First in best dressed

Edit: Someone jumped on the code faster than a fat kid onto a cupcake!

Hmm my plus runs out soon, does the code come in all Game Informers or just the EB World members copies?

Do they sell individual magazines ( if so, how much) or just subscriptions?

Also, you don't have to put in your CC details do you? I'm not putting that in PSN.

Do they sell individual magazines ( if so, how much) or just subscriptions?

Also, you don't have to put in your CC details do you? I'm not putting that in PSN.

Individual is $4.95

Get a years worth for $29.95. Some great issues coming up. December is GTA V. And you get a buy 2 get 1 free voucher, a $10 extra trade credit voucher and 15% extra credit for the 12 months

$30 for a year and delivered to your door... yeah what the hell.

GOW Beta here I come....

played the beta, everyone seems to go radec. only had two matches where someone wasnt radec and didnt camp with the sniper.

the game isn't good, the only way to get kills is using special so you can do as much damage as you want to someone and it won't do anything unless you get them with a special attack. that is the most ******* *ed system is any fighting game ever.

this game needs percentage and stock lives.

no buy from me.

I don't know, I don't play them. It was called an observation and I made it...
That's like saying a Mario game is fun because there are enemies. You wouldn't expect anything less.

But by the sounds of it, this game's gonna have some balance issues. Always thought that Killzone character looked totally out of place in a game like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back