Playstation Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Sony joining in on the fun with their Playstation Classic. The console will come preloaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favourites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, R4 Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms.

Games so far are a big meh from me.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Cool, I’ll definitely get one. This was inevitable. I knew they’d copy the idea.

The more the merrier. I hope they make it as easily hackable as the Nintendo minis.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
No dualshock controller and licensing issues for most of the PS1s best games makes this a hard sell. Prove me wrong Sony and have Silent Hill, MGS, any Tomb Raider, any Resident Evil, Tony Hawk 2, Twisted Metal 2 on this thing and I'm in day 1.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The original Resident Evil. That was unreal when that came out. And the arcade game Point Blank.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I’d much rather get an announcement for an N64 mini to be honest.

PlayStation 1 games have not aged well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Will it come without an analogue stick like the PS1 Classic doe?

It's kind of a big deal

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Aged as well an the N64, if not better since a large chunk of the great games don't need dual sticks.

No dualshock controller and licensing issues for most of the PS1s best games makes this a hard sell. Prove me wrong Sony and have Silent Hill, MGS, any Tomb Raider, any Resident Evil, Tony Hawk 2, Twisted Metal 2 on this thing and I'm in day 1.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Twisted mental will be on the system since Sony own the ip, be shocked if it wasn't.

I find it a bit weird that they're not announcing all the games yet, almost seems like they don't quite have them all ready and confirmed?

It's hard to put down as a guaranteed buy without knowing all the games.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's a cool novelty item for sure but the announced games are a bit meh. FF7 has been ported too much, at least they picked Tekken 3?

I doubt they will get MGS / Silent Hill because of Konami.

They'll definitely have a Crash game, probably 2. Capcom will no doubt give way to a few titles. I'd say RE3 & Mega Man X4.

It's a cool novelty item for sure but the announced games are a bit meh. FF7 has been ported too much, at least they picked Tekken 3?

I doubt they will get MGS / Silent Hill because of Konami.

They'll definitely have a Crash game, probably 2. Capcom will no doubt give way to a few titles. I'd say RE3 & Mega Man X4.

Not sure they'll have any Crash games as they've done the remaster.

$50 deposit on eb, but I really need to know all the games before I order. Although I guess if I pre-order and dont want it I either get $50 store credit or money back?

Just saw the $1 for JB... might be the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back