Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Greetings all,

Welcome to the PS+ thread.

This thread is designed for PS+ subscribers to add and discuss information related to content found as a PS+ member.

Also let's hope it can also help out potential subscribers with info about what's on offer and such so they can weigh up the value.

HBK619 is currently chucking together a FAQ (the diligent worker that he is) that he will post in this thread.

So please feel free to add with any opinions, news, info or rumours related to PS+ to help keep us all informed.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

PlayStation Plus FAQ

How much does it cost?
$20.95 for a 3 month subscription, $69.95 for a 12 month subscription.

Do I keep the games if my subscription runs out?
No, you do not. Any game given for free via PS+ will become unavailable to be played once your subscription is no longer valid. As long as your subscription is running, you will have access to any game downloaded through your subscription.

Do I keep any content if my subscription runs out?
Yes, you will always keep themes and avatars. Any items purchased will always be accessible.

What sort of content do I get with a PS+ subscription?
3 new PS3 games every month (occasionally new release titles free - generally a 2 retail game/1 PSN game ratio), 2 new Vita games + the always on 3 PS3 and 2 Vita games. Free themes (Dynamic and not) and avatars. Early access to demo's and games. Exclusive access to beta's. Discounts on new release games and further discounts on already discounted titles. Access to the cloud saving service to upload up to 1GB of PS3 and 1GB of Vita save data. Ability to set Automatic Downloads to download and upload trophy and save data, download games and patches automatically.

What games have been given for free with PS+ in the past?
Games like Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Stacking, Vanquish, Bioshock 2, Crysis 2, Borderlands, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit for PS3. For Vita games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Lumines, Jet Set Radio.

How do I make sure I have every game available for myself even when the game is no longer available on the store?
Simply go to the game page when it's available for free and make sure you click through to the download page of the game, back out of the downloading to put it into your 'View downloads' list and from there you will always have access to the game even when it's no longer free for PS+.

So the current games as at March/13 are as follows:

Short term (changed monthly):

Mass Effect 3
Dead or Alive 5
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
F1 Race Stars
Quantum Conundrum
Guardians of Middle-Earth
Puddle (PS Vita)

Long term (not certain on the length):

LittleBigPlanet 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
inFAMOUS 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Gravity Rush (PS Vita)

As of April/13 (03/04 to be precise), the short term games will be replaced with:

Okami HD
The Cave
Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Since Stacking was free for PS+ I entered into the great world that Sony have created for the gamer. Being rewarded for paying the subscription is a genuinely unique idea in the gaming industry it would seem and Sony have rewarded customers in huge kind in the last couple of years.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is probably the best story I have from PS+. It was a game I was completely hesitant on buying, didn't think I'd like it so was never willing to put down the money (even when it was on sale for around $20). It became free on PS+ during 2012 so I decided I'll download it and give it a go and what I found was an incredible game that perfectly suited the way I love games to be and be played (HOWEVER YOU WANT!). Now I'm wholly interested not only in what the dev do next (Thief 4), but the next Deus Ex game!

Also, just to add, there's currently a discount on PS+ prices. You get 15 months subscription for the regular 12 month price. And I believe the 3 month sub is cheaper by $1 too, or it's just been permanently discounted, not 100% sure on that one.

Here's the FAQ which I'll edit into the OP;
PlayStation Plus FAQ

How much does it cost?
$20.95 for a 3 month subscription, $69.95 for a 12 month subscription.

Do I keep the games if my subscription runs out?
No, you do not. Any game given for free via PS+ will become unavailable to be played once your subscription is no longer valid. As long as your subscription is running, you will have access to any game downloaded through your subscription.

Do I keep any content if my subscription runs out?
Yes, you will always keep themes and avatars. Any items purchased will always be accessible.

What sort of content do I get with a PS+ subscription?
3 new PS3 games every month (occasionally new release titles free - generally a 2 retail game/1 PSN game ratio), 2 new Vita games + the always on 3 PS3 and 2 Vita games. Free themes (Dynamic and not) and avatars. Early access to demo's and games. Exclusive access to beta's. Discounts on new release games and further discounts on already discounted titles. Access to the cloud saving service to upload up to 1GB of PS3 and 1GB of Vita save data. Ability to set Automatic Downloads to download and upload trophy and save data, download games and patches automatically.

What games have been given for free with PS+ in the past?
Games like Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Stacking, Vanquish, Bioshock 2, Crysis 2, Borderlands, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit for PS3. For Vita games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Lumines, Jet Set Radio.

How do I make sure I have every game available for myself even when the game is no longer available on the store?
Simply go to the game page when it's available for free and make sure you click through to the download page of the game, back out of the downloading to put it into your 'View downloads' list and from there you will always have access to the game even when it's no longer free for PS+.

Nice HBK.:thumbsu:

I'm stoked. I downloaded Mass Effect 3 and Infamous 2 today - 2 games that I wanted to check out but didn't wanna pay the over-inflated price for.

And next month with Okami HD getting uploaded, I feel like I've already got my monies worth.

I'm a PS+ member and it's one of the best things I have ever done. Picked up some great freebies and the best thing is, I can beat it and if I do lapse it doesn't matter, because it's only cost me 69 dollars a year as apposed to 69 dollars a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I paid for three months when I got my PS3 a month ago and it is certainly a good concept. Just downloaded Dead or Alive 5. I'm always sad when one of the games I already have on disc (Mass Effect 3 on 360) but that can't be helped I guess.

Just a question that I haven't seen answered, if I let me subscription lapse for say a month am given access to all the games I've downloaded in the past if I renew?

Just a question that I haven't seen answered, if I let me subscription lapse for say a month am given access to all the games I've downloaded in the past if I renew?
Yes, all games downloaded under the subscription will be accessible as long as you have a subscription.

Does the PS Plus subscription automatically renew? I think I became a member around April/May last year but not sure if I have to manually renew it or if it will charge my credit card unless I choose to stop my subscription?

Does the PS Plus subscription automatically renew? I think I became a member around April/May last year but not sure if I have to manually renew it or if it will charge my credit card unless I choose to stop my subscription?
I beleive it's set to auto-renew.

If you want to check and/or change that, you can go to 'PlayStation Network'>'Account Management'>'Automatic Funding'>Enter your password>On/Off.

I beleive it's set to auto-renew.

If you want to check and/or change that, you can go to 'PlayStation Network'>'Account Management'>'Automatic Funding'>Enter your password>On/Off.

Cheers HBK619. I might check it out tonight. Thanks for your help :thumbsu:

Building up a good catalogue of games to go through, but in the meantime, the free games each month certainly keep the kids happy. F1 Stars and Joe Danger 2 are getting a workout at the moment.

Ahhh ok so that's your kids playing. I'll try to limit any sexually explicit messages.

That would be appreciated Mr Pants...not that they know how to read the messages. Between the kids playing those games and the wife using Quickflix or streaming tv shows, PS3 has sadly become a family tool.

I sent some sexually explicit messages to your wife. It involved her making me sandwiches as I was so hungry after the sex.

She's already ashamed of being married to a 34yo who plays video games with randoms online...Why would she trade me in for someone who plays more games than I do?

tumblr_m4w92vrFf01ruxnaho1_500.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back