Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Haven't heard of Control but after doing some reading looks fu**en amazing and highly regarded. First time in a while I'm excited for a PS+ game!
I think it was my GOTY when it came out. Main campaign is only around 15 hours so it’s a welcome relief from the 50-60 hour games. Nice tight experience and the extra power of the PS5 is really going to help it if you have one.

I think it was my GOTY when it came out. Main campaign is only around 15 hours so it’s a welcome relief from the 50-60 hour games. Nice tight experience and the extra power of the PS5 is really going to help it if you have one.
How long to Platinum? I had thought about picking this up a while ago but never got round to it. Will give this a crack.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I think Control went under the radar for many because it mostly flopped on console due to performance requirements.
Yep, I had a pro and it was ok. Frames dipped in spots but recon it would have been bad on a base PS4.

How long to Platinum? I had thought about picking this up a while ago but never got round to it. Will give this a crack.
Never did it or the dlc. Too much other stuff to play. Probably only another 10 hours I’m guessing, although the map can be a big hard to read if your chasing specific collectables / locations.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep, I had a pro and it was ok. Frames dipped in spots but recon it would have been bad on a base PS4.

Never did it or the dlc. Too much other stuff to play. Probably only another 10 hours I’m guessing, although the map can be a big hard to read if your chasing specific collectables / locations.

I just read that the next gen upgrade is due to come out the same time this goes on Plus. Makes my decision hard because I had every intention in replaying this shortly anyway with the DLC I skipped because now I've got a 3080.

Awesome. Yeah I've got a PS5 and it's making me go back for titles I was sceptical about being decent on my Pro.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I just read that the next gen upgrade is due to come out the same time this goes on Plus. Makes my decision hard because I had every intention in replaying this shortly anyway with the DLC I skipped because now I've got a 3080.
It says PS5/PS4 so I assume it’s the next gen upgrade for free. Might be a good one to compare them first without spending anything, although the 3080 is going to win. Playing PC with a controller/monitor doesn’t feel the same as on a big TV for me.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It says PS5/PS4 so I assume it’s the next gen upgrade for free. Might be a good one to compare them first without spending anything, although the 3080 is going to win. Playing PC with a controller/monitor doesn’t feel the same as on a big TV for me.

They've gone back on the whole Ultimate editipn upgrade thing, so the update should be with the Plus version on PS5

I'm used to playing with a controller on a monitor. Besides, I have a 34" ultrawide so when I'm at my desk it fills my vision like sitting in front of my TV. I get your point though. The PS5 upgrade will be 60fps performance mode and 30fps quality with ray tracing. I know I'll get over 60fps on the 3080 with ray tracing and DLSS... But sometimes I just like sitting in my recliner on the PlayStation. I think I'll compare, for science, marvel at the ray tracing then jump back on the PS5 and play performance mode. As long as they haven't just directly ported the console version from last gen and have actually upgraded the visuals then this should really be one of the first next gen looking games.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
They've gone back on the whole Ultimate editipn upgrade thing, so the update should be with the Plus version on PS5

I'm used to playing with a controller on a monitor. Besides, I have a 34" ultrawide so when I'm at my desk it fills my vision like sitting in front of my TV. I get your point though. The PS5 upgrade will be 60fps performance mode and 30fps quality with ray tracing. I know I'll get over 60fps on the 3080 with ray tracing and DLSS... But sometimes I just like sitting in my recliner on the PlayStation. I think I'll compare, for science, marvel at the ray tracing then jump back on the PS5 and play performance mode. As long as they haven't just directly ported the console version from last gen and have actually upgraded the visuals then this should really be one of the first next gen looking games.
I just hope my save carries across from my PS4 disc version....

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Best Plus month I can remember. You've set the bar now Yoshida, don't go backwards

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Is NBA 2k20 still downloadable for new PS plus subscribers

Unfortunately not. Whatever game you didn’t download as a Plus user in the month it was on the service will no longer be available to download for current or new Plus users in subsequent months.

Also. If you are a Plus user and download games but then stop being a Plus user. The games will become “inactive” as a non subscriber but if you re-sub even a year later, the games will become active again.

Is NBA 2k20 still downloadable for new PS plus subscribers

Unless there was another one I missed, no, it was only available for July last year.

Unfortunately not. Whatever game you didn’t download as a Plus user in the month it was on the service will no longer be available to download for current or new Plus users in subsequent months.

Also. If you are a Plus user and download games but then stop being a Plus user. The games will become “inactive” as a non subscriber but if you re-sub even a year later, the games will become active again.
Just a caveat on this, you don't need to download it, just add to library in the month it's available. After that you can download it whenever you want.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Final Fantasy VII Remake!

50980983432_3702d26c21_o.jpg

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Holy sh*t FF 7 Remake!

Already have it but that's a bloody huge title to give away for free. Some lucky people out there that haven't played it yet.

Probably the most high profile game they've ever given away

Back