Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look through the collection to find a new game to play. Pretty slim pickings. They've upped the price and have fewer quality games. It's like they want people to cancel their subscriptions!

Even the games on sale are average.

I have Deluxe as it wasn't much extra when it switched over, have it set to drop to Extra when it renews in November, but if it stays like this I'll be dropping it down to Essential.

Sony are really taking the piss here.

Mine renews in January thankfully so have some time to make a decision, but yeah, considering dropping down tiers also as the catalogue is just not there to warrant the cost.

Gamepass is destroying PS Plus. Starfield and Lies of P in the last month alone. Absolutely huge for Microsoft.

Yep was really happy to finally get a game worth playing on gamepass.

I agree, it's not as great as it's cracked up to be, Starfield is the only thing I use it for.

Being better than PS+ isn't an accomplishment.

It's the longest I have played a game on xbox.

Been some absolute fizzers over the months which were hyped, redfall and atomic heart were meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sony are justifying their price increase by adding a movie streaming service to PS Plus Premium subscriptions.

Who ******* cares?! We want a decent gaming service, not another ******* video service.

Bunch of campaigners.

So Sony are justifying their price increase by adding a movie streaming service to PS Plus Premium subscriptions.

Who ******* cares?! We want a decent gaming service, not another ******* video service.

Bunch of campaigners.

FFS. I already have 6 subscriptions (Foxtel, Prime, Netflix, Stan, Paramount and Disney+) I don't need any more. I can barely watch TV these days anyway.

Stick to gaming.

Bunch of campaigners.
It's an acknowledgement that they can't compete with Microsoft on the Game Pass front, and are attempting to offer something different. The problem is that they have completely misread the room and as far as I can tell precisely zero people care about this.

It's a similar story to the whole emphasis on socials thing they've had going on for years. They made a big deal about having a social media aspect to the console both for the PS4 and PS5, adding things like game cards and trophy hints etc, but frankly nobody gives a s**t.

They continue to deliver outstanding first party games but outside of that they have really lacked the ability to understand what people want. Their treatment of consumers has tanked since the massive PS4 Ws as well.

p+ is just a massive flop
I don't think that's fair. Sub numbers have been huge and as an equivalent to GwG its value stood up for a long time. The expanded sub service has been comprehensively out-competed by Game Pass both on cost and library, but it still offers an affordable way to play a whole host of games. It just doesn't have the longevity nor the value to be a win, or to maintain goodwill.

It's not a flop, but it's not a system-seller, and the cost hike came at a terrible time.

To me PS Plus would have more value to a casual gamer or someone that might be time poor and doesn't get to play a lot of new releases. If you're more of a full time gamer and play most games as they're released then the catalogue isn't anywhere near as appealing. Previously the monthly games were a bit of a bonus on top of the subscription that's required to play a lot of games online anyway. Game Pass by comparison you get all these things plus an offering of day one releases included. Then even if there are some poopy months you could justify the subscription because you know the next Forza or Starfield or something was coming.

Playstation's exclusives are a point of difference and why it has always been my console option (as well as I've got more friends and family there) while PC is my main platform but for the first time ever since PS3 I've cancelled my Plus sub entirely because I just can't justify the price increase when I still have to buy their games on top. The inclusion of movies does absolutely nothing to make me reconsider when I've got enough movies and shows in my existing streaming services.

Idk man. Been some bangers on there. Returnal, RDR 2, Doom Eternal, Guardians of the Galaxy, not to mention a ton of indy titles worth playing. Wouldn't say it's been a massive flop.

I'm getting reasonable value from it and have since paying more attention (playing the PS5 since October/November last year).
I took advantage of the PS+ games from the PS3 - onward, stopped paying close attention to it for years (same as I did with Xbox in the mid 2010's). Only turning the console on if I took interest in the free games for the month. I did let my subscriptions lapse on/off over that time as well. When I got the PS5 I wasn't even sure if I had a current subscription at the time (turns out I did lol - ended up upgrading it to a higher tier AND also extending it by a further year and a bit).

For me the game catalog hasn't been super enticing but yet it's enabled me to play games I was interested in... but didn't buy outright. Example: Demon's Souls was going to be my first PS5 purchase.... didn't have to buy it as it was available to download and play straight away. Likewise Stray (the second title I downloaded) was another I had read about and seen on youtube.... wanted to play it for myself, got the chance to do so on PS5 (too lazy and stingy to buy it on pc previously lol).

In other instances I've been able to play the PS version of games I played/enjoyed/completed on Xbox - this might be boring for most people ? But I am one that if I enjoyed the game on one system, I'll buy it again to play it on another system as well. Because they've been available as part of the PS+ catalog I've been playing through them without buying them officially. Saving money in the long run (granted still factoring the cost of the subscription itself). So I'm getting "value" out of it, unsure how long it will last as yes there will probably be periods where there is nothing appealing that I want to play.

Read dead 2 was on ps plus?
Went to play it today and it’s $80 on the store now!!

It was. When the new tiers of PS Plus (Extra/Deluxe) launched, RDR 2 was on there as a free game but only for the first few months and then was removed in September 2022. And since it was an Extra/Deluxe title and not a monthly title, even the accounts that downloaded it lost access to it.

As for the price, the ultimate edition is on sale for $45 on the PS Store.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back