PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm... Still a bit too high for me. Going to wait for it to play out a bit, see what the Oculus touch offers etc.

Hoping this is successful though, need it to be for VR to continue to be developed.

Lost my US PSN password, so couldn't be arsed with the better version of the demo, but didn't realise the demo disc content we get was so limited.

Updates have been a pain in the arse with background downloads, and the other demos i waited till tonight to D/L are crawling, so will probably give a decent go tomorrow.

Just got a call, no good. Shes going to give me hers...If it gets delivered tomorrow...

Hopefully you'll be sorted tomorrow mate.

She can have a gift of not having my anger directed at her.

It's not her fault personally, it's EB's systems fault.

Sounds like she is trying to do you a favor.

I am personally going to wait a few months to see how the Playstation VR develops before I decide on a purchase, hopefully it goes from strength to strength.

It's not her fault personally, it's EB's systems fault.

Sounds like she is trying to do you a favor.
Yeah and thats a big reason she hasn't felt my wrath. I can tell she genuinely feels like s**t about this situation. But I am now still sitting here without a VR because again the delivery has not come. Its getting pretty ****ed now. They have my money and someone else has my VR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a bit more of a go last night with Rush of Blood and Worlds, fair dinkum screamed like a girl with Rush of Blood.

I think there's real potential here and I certainly have been 1000% more wowed than when I first got the Wii.

Just needs support from good developers and obviously the gaming community and think it will be more than a flash in the pan.

Batman is pretty incredible. Lack of actual "gameplay" outside of scanning and the whatnot. But it is very col being right "there" in the scenes and trying to find out what's happened etc

Won't say too much as it's a bit spoilerish, but you really do feel like you're Batman at times

Only down side is my small lounge room and it's L shaped couch. Couldn't get thr carrot out of the fridge because of the couch. Can't wait til I move now so I can set up everything properly.

Had a bit more of a go last night with Rush of Blood and Worlds, fair dinkum screamed like a girl with Rush of Blood.
Saw a review for that game and it didn't look all that impressive. More of a circus ride compared to the original game.

Job Simulator was certainly one of the better things I've tried on the Vive. I believe the devs are working on a VR Rick and Morty game, that should be fun.

Saw a review for that game and it didn't look all that impressive. More of a circus ride compared to the original game.

At its price point and for what it is, I'm not sure what people were expecting for a coaster/shooting game that was borrowing IP at best and nigh on impossible to actually link the games in a meaningful way.

Just finished the story mode on Batman, and whilst very short, it was awesome (won't post spoilers)

Unbelievable getting that close to some of the characters they put in. A blast really. Glad it wasn't more than $30 though, but certainly worth that just for looking around Gotham

Been watching this giant bomb video bit by bit all week. The fat sweaty balding dude made job simulator look ******* hilarious.

Had me pissing myself at how he kept spilling the tea he made, and was trying helplessly to explain himself to the robot barking orders at him. Too funny!

I picked up my PS4 VR headset today. Awesome tech that will be insane once they iron out tweaks and develop the hardware a little more so that it has less cables, and then becomes wireless.

The wires are crazy, but you have to look past it given it is virtually new tech.

I played a demo of the 'Kitchen' and wow, if you invest yourself in the environment it almost seems like you're participating in a movie sequence. Impressive!

As for focus and depth, i'm short-sighted (can't see long distances too well), and found I needed to fiddle around with the screen distance to get right focal distance without my glasses. But even then, it didn't take much for it to become a little blurred every time I took the headset off and on, which meant I had to reset it again.

All in all, i'm pretty impressed, and am in the process of downloading demos to Resident Evil and another horror to see how scared it gets me when I play it at night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back