PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest have either of you used any other motion controls?
Sorry I thought you were talking about the VR unit not the move controllers. They can be a little dicky sometimes to begin with (I have to setup the camera each time I have a session - it gets put away when not in use as it needs to sit in the middle of the room on some boxes) but once you sort the initial setup out they're fine (and no I haven't to answer your question).

Fair enough, a lot of the PSVR footage I've seen just seems jittery compared to Vive and Touch. No doubt Sony will be developing dedicated controllers.

Is the tracking good enough for stuff like Superhot?
Simple answer. Yes.

More complex answer. Hell yes! Superhot is friggen incredible!

Wow is this a good and fun game. As mentioned by JESTERHAWK it does get you ducking and weaving.

I've played sitting down so far, but I think I might need to play standing. It just requires a little more movement than sitting allows for.

The gameplay is super smooth and really smart. Already feel the price tag is well and truly vindicated (and it's not really pricey at all even then).
Fair enough, a lot of the PSVR footage I've seen just seems jittery compared to Vive and Touch. No doubt Sony will be developing dedicated controllers.
From what I've seen (haven't used Vive and Touch) they don't seem to be doing anything more or less than the Move controllers tracking wise.

Had no real issues myself other than a lack of real space, so grabbing onto things that are semi-out of reach can mean I'm crashing into tables or other furniture. :p Might be why I need to play standing than sitting. But accuracy and smoothness certainly hasn't been a problem in-game.

On another note too, after downloading the NBA 2KVR Experience I see that the first patch for the game integrated motion controls! This actually makes the game a lot more enticing now. I only purchased it initially because basketball, now I get to use motion controls it actually seems like it'll be a worthy title.

NBA 2KVR Experience I see that the first patch for the game integrated motion controls!
Please let me know if this is actually "shooting" with the motion controls. I never went back to it after I played it for 10 minutes and realised it was controller only.

Please let me know if this is actually "shooting" with the motion controls. I never went back to it after I played it for 10 minutes and realised it was controller only.
It's a little average to be honest. The controls aren't as basketball like as you'd want. The "right" action won't get you baskets. You more have to really heavily flick the ball at the basket and the action isn't consistently repeatable. You only use one hand as well (not sure what I expected it to be, but was somewhat disappointed that you can't use the other hand to brace the ball).

If I was to compare the action to something it's sort of like the arcade machines where you use a small ball to shoot a basket. Just sort of grab and flick.

Still some decent fun, but not what I went in expecting or hoping for in terms of motion control.

Superhot best psvr game yet, imo. Tracking occasionally frustrating - trying to reach down for an Uzi sitting on a table but instead your hand is slapping you in the face kind of thing.

Nonetheless the devs have employed vr really well here.

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul is out today.

Selling at a discounted price for a couple of weeks ($45 instead of $60). Have purchased. Will play!

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul is out today.

Selling at a discounted price for a couple of weeks ($45 instead of $60). Have purchased. Will play!
Its a massive nope from me, but 45 bucks still seems pricey for a two hour "game".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh, don't really know how to explain it any differently. It is just a badass simulator. There's a special sort of satisfaction in punching a guy in the face and grabbing his gun out of the air to take out his buddies with, all in slow-mo.

Heh, don't really know how to explain it any differently. It is just a badass simulator. There's a special sort of satisfaction in punching a guy in the face and grabbing his gun out of the air to take out his buddies with, all in slow-mo.
So the whole game is in slo mo? I watched the demo last night and it said something like nothing moves unless you do. Is that right?

I mean I could just google reviews but I thought I'd ask here for the first hand experience.

So the whole game is in slo mo? I watched the demo last night and it said something like nothing moves unless you do. Is that right?

I mean I could just google reviews but I thought I'd ask here for the first hand experience.

Yeah it moves as you do. So as slow/fast as you dictate

I can't understand what the appeal with Superhot is. The graphics/environment looks like complete rubbish. What am I missing?
The graphics are servicable enough, but as mickelboy182 said you feel like a complete badass in it. The little touches they have in the game make it well worth the spend.

Things like hitting an enemy and disarming them to have their gun fly at you, pick it out of mid air and start shooting at another enemy coming towards you.
Its a massive nope from me, but 45 bucks still seems pricey for a two hour "game".
I'll admit I haven't looked into it too much, but most steam reviews put it above 2 hours (some saying 5-7).

Beyond that, there's very minimal actual quality horror titles on PSVR at the moment, so as soon as I see one I'm jumping on it!

Pretty sure (I'd had a few reds) I saw Superhot on sale for $37.95 last night. I'm guessing that's a no brainer?

Nah that's their original price. Waiting for a price drop on it myself.

Picked up VR worlds, Statik and Dirt Rally last night as I think the sale on them ended this morning. At 30 bucks sale price VR worlds still feels like a rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Parnormal activity but from the us store. cost me $40. Was selling at $29.99 in the US Store.

screw the Aus store for selling it at $60.

we have the biggest rip off PS store in the world.

Relative to VR games yes. I'm still of the general opinion that VR games are too expensive
Agreed, for what are essentially tech demos the price is too high. If most games were just 10 dollars cheaper than they were I'd consider them, but most of em ain't even getting a look in from me because of it.

Agreed, for what are essentially tech demos the price is too high. If most games were just 10 dollars cheaper than they were I'd consider them, but most of em ain't even getting a look in from me because of it.

It's a tough one for devs, not many headsets in the market so they need to charge more to cover costs.

It's a tough one for devs, not many headsets in the market so they need to charge more to cover costs.
Yeah I understand why they do it. Just saddens me as I am sure a lot of the games could be decent, but be it due to length or whatever other reasons I just can't justify the costs. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought R.I.G.S for the 90 bucks or whatever it is selling for only to find out they shut the studio down.

I bought Parnormal activity but from the us store. cost me $40. Was selling at $29.99 in the US Store.

screw the Aus store for selling it at $60.

we have the biggest rip off PS store in the world.
It's $45 if you have PS+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back