PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey folks, I have a noob question. I'm thinking of buying a PS4 and will use it on a bit of an older TV. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the cables look like that connect the PS4 to the TV? Is it the standard old AV cables or have they changed?

The last time I had a PS was when the first one came out :drunk:

Hey folks, I have a noob question. I'm thinking of buying a PS4 and will use it on a bit of an older TV. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the cables look like that connect the PS4 to the TV? Is it the standard old AV cables or have they changed?

The last time I had a PS was when the first one came out :drunk:
HDMI.

0012304_10-meter-328-ft-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet.jpeg

In the sobering light of day it was a camera being too close issue. All sorted now. Man this game is really interesting. I see what you guys mean about feeling like a badass. Pretty satisfying when you pull off some kind of ridiculous combo like using your empty gun to deflect a bullet before throwing it at another dude who drops his uzi as a result which you grab out of mid air.. :D

I'm finding the throwing stars a bit tricky to use with any accuracy. Also quite frustrating when the only weapon available is blocked by the couch..

Really enjoying Paranormal Activity. It's doing exactly what I want a horror to do and I've had one of the best scares in a horror game ever as well.

However, it's really hit a snag with the "collect x before proceeding". Especially when a) There's no real direction on where these items might be, nor very easy to navigate rooms to check for items that have the potential to be hidden and b) Apparently the items are propagated randomly. This would be fine if there was tension, but I'm past that point now and just getting frustrated at having to collect items.

It's definitely killed the great momentum it had until that point.

Really enjoying Paranormal Activity. It's doing exactly what I want a horror to do and I've had one of the best scares in a horror game ever as well.

However, it's really hit a snag with the "collect x before proceeding". Especially when a) There's no real direction on where these items might be, nor very easy to navigate rooms to check for items that have the potential to be hidden and b) Apparently the items are propagated randomly. This would be fine if there was tension, but I'm past that point now and just getting frustrated at having to collect items.

It's definitely killed the great momentum it had until that point.

yeah I was stuck on that for a while. frustrating.

the foot paper item was the one that I had trouble finding, its in the room upstairs with the book shelf and world globe.

candle is in the clock after you spin it till 12

doll is in basement behind the fire pit.

medicine jar is in the kids room

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I'm willing to say Superhot is easily the best VR title I've played (along with Eagle Flight). The 'badass factor' is brilliant and what would normally become really frustrating in a game in that you return to the start of each level if you die actually becomes quite enjoyable as you get better at knowing what strategy works best and doing it at increasing speeds which in turn makes you feel even more badass until you get a bit cocky of course. I'm not sure how long the game is but I'm hoping there's a lot more. Great stuff.

yeah I was stuck on that for a while. frustrating.

the foot paper item was the one that I had trouble finding, its in the room upstairs with the book shelf and world globe.

candle is in the clock after you spin it till 12

doll is in basement behind the fire pit.

medicine jar is in the kids room
The foot was the one I was missing, had to go to the steam forums to find it.

Will continue tonight!

also I hope you guys didnt buy it from aus ps store. they had is at a ridiculous price for $59.99.
I got it from the Aus store with PS+ membership for $45.

After finishing up Paranormal Activity (enjoyable while it lasted - not a $60 game though that's for sure).

I moved onto Batman VR. HOLY s**t! What an awesome game. I love that after you're done you get to go back for the riddles as well.

There's so much potential with the experience, I'd love if someone could expand on what's offered. The detective elements are fun and the crime scene was really well done. Some sort of VR game that's purely that sort of detective work could be super fun.

I love how many little touches there are throughout that expand on the experience ever so slightly. Travelling to various parts of the batcave and getting a bit of audio here, character models there, puzzles, etc. It all just adds so much to the Batman world.

Graphically, easily the best VR game yet. Other than slightly lower resolution everything looked on-par with the full games. Some incredibly well detailed character models, obviously it'd help that they can re-use assets but it really didn't feel like anything was cut down just to make it to the VR experience.

Next up will probably be Statik, no idea what that game entails at all so I'm going in blind. But interested in what it has to offer.

I finished Superhot tonight. Really enjoyed it. Last level was a pain in the arse though. Cannot get the hang of the psychic attack. Best thing is I now get access to all the levels at a menu and some challenges which look a bit naff but I'm sure I'll give them a crack. I love the way the achievements are all on sticky notes and that there is a Commodore Amiga hiding up against the wall on the left. I still have mine in a cupboard. Actually set it up a while ago and relived some of the classics. :D I had a look at some reddit stuff while I was trying to figure out the psychic attack and read that it's possible to throw a weapon from one 'scene' to the next and catch it and use it. That would be ******* ultimate badass. :D

Picking up PSVR tonight after a long wait. Can anyone suggest MUST HAVE games and also any others that are worth a shot?

I've tried to avoid watching trailers and checking out reviews because I don't like spoiling the experience, but it has also left me abit clueless on what to get.

Picking up PSVR tonight after a long wait. Can anyone suggest MUST HAVE games and also any others that are worth a shot?

I've tried to avoid watching trailers and checking out reviews because I don't like spoiling the experience, but it has also left me abit clueless on what to get.
Superhot with the move controllers if you have them otherwise Eagle Flight or VR worlds. If you like being terrified, Resident Evil 7 will satiate you in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back