PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

JR#8

Premium Gold
Dec 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I almost purchased one of these at the Black Friday sales.

Thankfully I didn't. I just borrowed a workmate's one. Played a few games on it. Astro bot was great. VR worlds decent and Doom was shithouse.

Overall it wasn't too bad, but I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. CBF setting it up all the time either. Hopefully the next version is much better.

Mar 29, 2010
¯\_(シ)_/¯
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Seahawks
I almost purchased one of these at the Black Friday sales.

Thankfully I didn't. I just borrowed a workmate's one. Played a few games on it. Astro bot was great. VR worlds decent and Doom was shithouse.

Overall it wasn't too bad, but I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. CBF setting it up all the time either. Hopefully the next version is much better.
What do you mean by setting it up all the time? Shouldn't need to do anything other than put the headset on (unless your on a V1 headset and need to swap cables over for the HDR)

Beerfish

Moderatorer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
In all the advertising guff they conveniently remove the cables.

Doesn't sound like you tried too many games though.

I don't regret buying it. I think I've got my moneys worth with the hours of entertainment I've got back.

The biggest annoyance for me is the headphone jack stopped working.

Mar 29, 2010
¯\_(シ)_/¯
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Seahawks
I don't regret mine either. I bought it as an investment for the future of VR as I really think it does have a place in the gaming world. I'll buy PSVR2 in a heartbeat too. The main issue that stops me playing often (outside of still not having the ps5 adapter) is being on the V1 headset I need to swap the cables over and I am too lazy to do that.

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
No real info. Just kind of saying its coming, but not this year.

Wired is disappointing given the success of the Oculus Quest systems. I can understand why though, as wireless streaming VR options are still too heavily dependent on having a strong network.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad