PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody else in here seevtheir VR games as pixelated? Or do I need new glasses?
I find you have to adjust the headset a little (and there is an eye distance measure you can do as well somewhere in settings)
Although the resolution of the PSVR isn't high so there is always a certain degree of pixelation.

Not bad. Astrobot is meant to be top shelf but I haven't played it. You'll enjoy RE if you enjoy that kind of thing. Worlds is pretty cool too.

There should be some nice cheap stuff available in the PS store too. Personally I recommend Supershot, Eagle Flight and Rush (which is pretty similar but not so cartoony).

You'll need move controllers though.

This came out today:

Anyone getting it? Open world zombie game. Apparently it's fantastic.

This came out today:

Anyone getting it? Open world zombie game. Apparently it's fantastic.
Had a look at the trailer and some game streams last night. I have Arizona Sunshine which started out ok but was fairly limited and had really annoying save points as in you die and have to go all the way back to the save point.. there's probably a name for that but I don't know what it is.

Anyway, my thoughts;
  • Not sure why it's labelled The Walking Dead. Doesn't appear to have any connection to the show or comics I could see?
  • Looks quite atmospheric though.
  • The other humans look a bit cartoony.
  • I really liked the look of the knife attacks. The one where you can put one hand on the head while the other jams the knife in looks particularly satisfying.
  • The stabby sound effects also sound very satisfying.
  • There's no way I'm paying $75 for it though.

There's actually been a few new titles come out recently that I'm curious about.

Also, the headphone jack in my unit has mysteriously stopped working which kind of doesn't really help the immersivity.. if that's a word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at the trailer and some game streams last night. I have Arizona Sunshine which started out ok but was fairly limited and had really annoying save points as in you die and have to go all the way back to the save point.. there's probably a name for that but I don't know what it is.

Anyway, my thoughts;
  • Not sure why it's labelled The Walking Dead. Doesn't appear to have any connection to the show or comics I could see?
  • Looks quite atmospheric though.
  • The other humans look a bit cartoony.
  • I really liked the look of the knife attacks. The one where you can put one hand on the head while the other jams the knife in looks particularly satisfying.
  • The stabby sound effects also sound very satisfying.
  • There's no way I'm paying $75 for it though.

There's actually been a few new titles come out recently that I'm curious about.

Also, the headphone jack in my unit has mysteriously stopped working which kind of doesn't really help the immersivity.. if that's a word.
The standard edition is $60 fyi (the one I linked to).

My current WFH setup means VR is out of the question for a bit. But I'm super keen to give it a go, I've purchased, just wanna see some opinions.

One of my work colleagues said it was great, but very hard.

I think conceptually getting a license of The Walking Dead makes something far more appealing to a market. Otherwise it's just another zombie shooter.

I didn't mind Arizona Sunshine, but it was a bit bland for mine, despite having decent reviews. Felt a bit more like an arcade shooter than a proper home console experience.

The standard edition is $60 fyi (the one I linked to).

My current WFH setup means VR is out of the question for a bit. But I'm super keen to give it a go, I've purchased, just wanna see some opinions.

One of my work colleagues said it was great, but very hard.

I think conceptually getting a license of The Walking Dead makes something far more appealing to a market. Otherwise it's just another zombie shooter.

I didn't mind Arizona Sunshine, but it was a bit bland for mine, despite having decent reviews. Felt a bit more like an arcade shooter than a proper home console experience.
Yeah I didn't look at your link I just checked it out next time I had the PS4 on based on your post but that does remind me, I was wondering what the difference was between the standard and tourist editions. I wouldn't pay $60 either I don't think but I'm a bit of a tightarse when it comes to games anyway. There isn't much I'm not prepared to wait for on sale or just a regular price drop.

As for the walking dead licence, it's a bit hollow then because if there's nothing to tie it to that world it IS just another zombie shooter (good, bad or otherwise) and they're probably going to alienate more people than they suck in as the people who don't give a s**t would have played anyway whilst the people expecting to play as Negan or Rick et al are going to be disappointed.

I gave the iron Man demo a go tofay and was suprised at completely zero motion sickness. Flying was fun and simple enough to fly around with ease right from the start. Hopefully combat is a bit more varied than the demo showed but I was impressed.

Everybody's Golf VR $11.18 on the ps store.

Everybody's Golf VR $11.18 on the ps store.

Only 3 courses? That should be the normal price not sale price.

Isn't there a new camera for the PS5? I'm guessing they're aiming to make PSVR 1 and 2 compatible.
Yeah there is a new camera which I'll probably just upgrade to anyway, the current one is pretty s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back