Plea to channel 7: Refrain from focussing on celebrity fans this Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

StillAtLarge

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dear channel 7. Please don't have a camera trained on the likes of Lleyton Hewitt and Mick Molloy on Saturday. The coverage of the incredible 2010 draw was tainted by the constant footage of a pant-shitting Eric Bana & Michael Klim in the dying minutes so don't repeat that mistake again.
It's bad enough that members of the competing clubs are allocated f*ck all tickets (combined 34,000) while the slimy corporates receive an obscene amount (17,000) so for the love of god- keep the cameras locked on the heart & soul supporters, not these so called 'celebrities' that also happen to be c7 employees.

Don't show the crowd reactions at all please. The final siren of the 2009 Grand Final was focused on some lady in the crowd with a blank expression on her face. Show us the reactions post game.

Don't show the crowd reactions at all please. The final siren of the 2009 Grand Final was focused on some lady in the crowd with a blank expression on her face. Show us the reactions post game.

2012 was also a shocker - they cut straight to the coaches box where you couldn't see s**t rather than focusing on the players celebrating.

Dear channel 7. Please don't have a camera trained on the likes of Lleyton Hewitt and Mick Molloy on Saturday. The coverage of the incredible 2010 draw was tainted by the constant footage of a pant-shitting Eric Bana & Michael Klim in the dying minutes so don't repeat that mistake again.
It's bad enough that members of the competing clubs are allocated f*ck all tickets (combined 34,000) while the slimy corporates receive an obscene amount (17,000) so for the love of god- keep the cameras locked on the heart & soul supporters, not these so called 'celebrities' that also happen to be c7 employees.

Excellent plea, but one i fear that will go unanswered. I was wondering about Crow 'celebrities' until you mentioned "c'mon" LLeyton. Anyone else? How bout the tigers- I would like a shot or two of the 'focus on football' contingent.

I know this isn't the forum, but MCvaineys commentary is now deplorable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see it already.

"Tex kicks the goal.... and look at LLEYTON!! Ohh he's pumped look at him go! What do you thinks going through his head right now? The Aussie open champ must have felt some emotion out on the court, must be feeling like he's back out there" (play resumes) "And now we're crossing live to Lleyton. LLEYTON can you hear us!? What's it like out there?"

Mick Molloy is going to be part of Ch7's pre-game coverage so it will be a bit hard for them to avoid him altogether.

The thing that annoys me the most is how quickly Molloy drops off after a bad loss.

After our Carlton and Port finals he was scathing on the club on the Monday. I'll never forget listening to it and thinking he wasn't a true supporter. I know he is as he goes every week yada yada, but I hate that he is built up as our mascot when he showed no loyalty in those moments.

The thing that annoys me the most is how quickly Molloy drops off after a bad loss.

After our Carlton and Port finals he was scathing on the club on the Monday. I'll never forget listening to it and thinking he wasn't a true supporter. I know he is as he goes every week yada yada, but I hate that he is built up as our mascot when he showed no loyalty in those moments.

He's a bit like David King is to us.
Only up an about when we are winning.

57edb42d9c2a40586437909b680c6fad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back