Rumour Pleasantries From The Plungie Pool - 2023 Rumours (SUNS Posters ONLY!*)

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not a media report but Ben Drever claims we're on to secure a BIG player this off season. Come on, mate. You have to at least give us a hint haha.

Also, eppo67 believes we're a good chance to land Parker.

Silly season is here, folks!
I hear that Dangerfield is set to finally request his trade to the Gold Coast...

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

So according to this report the AFL are keen for us to fix our footy department and Evans' answer appears to be replacing head of footy Jon Haines with Wayne Campbell and midfield coach Josh Francou with Michael Voss. Two considerable upgrades, it must be said.
Oh lordy.

I am frothing at this prospect.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

This all seems a little too coincidental to me...

Is this information purposely being leaked in the hopes that Dew may step down and the club can put Clarkson in the driver's seat for 2022? It just seems like the Hawthorn situation with Sam Mitchell all over again where the club admin publicly back the current coach (Dew) but behind closed doors they want someone else at the helm (Clarkson). We know the AFL's preference would be to have Clarko as our head coach ASAP and that's probably why they've helped us in offering him $2 million a year.

Don't forget, a few weeks ago Caro was adamant that Haines and Dew were gone and we know Haines 'chose to go home to WA' a few days ago. Caro is at least 50% correct in her prediction so far...

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Two pieces of important information that are probably going to set the rumours off and running for this off season.

So the first piece of information is apparently being reported by the South Australian media that Lukosius met with Port Adelaide officials and players for lunch today. I wish I could find a link to back this up but I haven't been able to at this stage.

The second piece of information that's probably far more interesting is this...

The big man, Charlie Dixon, happens to be in Mermaid Beach as of about an hour ago according to the above Instagram post. What do we make of this and is it tied to the Lukosius report?

Cheeky from Charlie to head to a restaurant named 'Glenelg' in an attempt to perhaps throw us off the scent but we know better than that. This is truly a 'rumour from the Esplanade' considering the close proximity of Glenelg House to the beach 😂

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Two pieces of important information that are probably going to set the rumours off and running for this off season.

So the first piece of information is apparently being reported by the South Australian media that Lukosius met with Port Adelaide officials and players for lunch today. I wish I could find a link to back this up but I haven't been able to at this stage.

The big man, Charlie Dixon, happens to be in Mermaid Beach as of about an hour ago according to the above Instagram post. What do we make of this and is it tied to the Lukosius report?

Cheeky from Charlie to head to a restaurant named 'Glenelg' in an attempt to perhaps throw us off the scent but we know better than that. This is truly a 'rumour from the Esplanade' considering the close proximity of Glenelg House to the beach 😂

seeing family? 🤷‍♂️

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

Fantastic steak restaurant, about 300m from my house, do yourself a favour

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.59.37 pm.png

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He won't re-sign unless we make finals
I we win 10 games and finish 10th and young guys really start to show out I'd hope that gives him confidence that finals will come.
Realistically our list is in a position to be challenging in the top 4 in a few years time. Whether we can make it happen is obviously another thing..

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I we win 10 games and finish 10th and young guys really start to show out I'd hope that gives him confidence that finals will come.
Realistically our list is in a position to be challenging in the top 4 in a few years time. Whether we can make it happen is obviously another thing..

I'm not so certain on how many games we may win next year but with King and Campbell coming in, this is HUGE imo, and I think the players, being another year older, and with another years experience, and another pre-season, will respond accordingly.
If we can get an uninterrupted VFL season next year, I think our young players will greatly benefit from that, and with Rhyce Shaw in his 2nd yr, along with Kaesler in charge of development, then I reckon the Club starts its upward journey, finally.
Drummond has the defence looking good, and with King and Clarke joining forces to get the mid/fwd lines clicking, we should see improvement.

And if the improvement doesn't materialise, then I don't think Dew continues into 2023.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not so certain on how many games we may win next year but with King and Campbell coming in, this is HUGE imo, and I think the players, being another year older, and with another years experience, and another pre-season, will respond accordingly.
If we can get an uninterrupted VFL season next year, I think our young players will greatly benefit from that, and with Rhyce Shaw in his 2nd yr, along with Kaesler in charge of development, then I reckon the Club starts its upward journey, finally.
Drummond has the defence looking good, and with King and Clarke joining forces to get the mid/fwd lines clicking, we should see improvement.

And if the improvement doesn't materialise, then I don't think Dew continues into 2023.
Dew knows his future is linked to retaining our stars

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Agree. I would only add that most importantly we should have a ruck.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Yeah but even if there is this intangible improvement but we still finish bottom 4 is this enough to hold onto the young stars?

Back