Rumour Pleasantries From The Plungie Pool - 2023 Rumours (SUNS Posters ONLY!*)

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not so certain on how many games we may win next year but with King and Campbell coming in, this is HUGE imo, and I think the players, being another year older, and with another years experience, and another pre-season, will respond accordingly.
If we can get an uninterrupted VFL season next year, I think our young players will greatly benefit from that, and with Rhyce Shaw in his 2nd yr, along with Kaesler in charge of development, then I reckon the Club starts its upward journey, finally.
Drummond has the defence looking good, and with King and Clarke joining forces to get the mid/fwd lines clicking, we should see improvement.

And if the improvement doesn't materialise, then I don't think Dew continues into 2023.
Yes Dew will be far more accountable now with King and Campbell in and his slimy henchmen gone.
I think you will see a different Dew he will have no choice he doesn't have his used car salesman buddy feeding the Board BS on his behalf.
Should be very interesting friends.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The problem we have… if Dew fails to get the 8+ wins or makes finals whichever is our minimum

by the end of the season King would of already made up his mind and his manager would of already been in the vic clubs ears.

If not he hasn’t already.
As someone will need to hand over atleast 2x top 10 picks for King next year.

even if Clarkson got announced as coach of the suns post 2022
Kings bags would already be packed

Every big name player who moves clubs ends up saying.. the move has being orchestrated for the best part of 12months

Sassermon

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It makes me uneasy that Bens management has told clubs not to bother with talking to him this year as he wants to focus on footy and that includes them telling the Suns that. Never bodes well

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There's a whisper that Levi Casboult has bought and moved into a house in the Tweed Shire near Pottsville. I guess that means we're probably good chance to land him considering it's only a 50 minute drive between Pottsville and Metricon Stadium vs a more than 90 minutes drive from Pottsville to the Gabba and that's in good traffic. I know some aren't particularly fond of the Casboult idea but just consider what it could mean for Ben King if he gets that kind of support from a big bodied key forward. It could make all the difference for us.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
There's a whisper that Levi Casboult has bought and moved into a house in the Tweed Shire near Pottsville. I guess that means we're probably good chance to land him considering it's only a 50 minute drive between Pottsville and Metricon Stadium vs a more than 90 minutes drive from Pottsville to the Gabba and that's in good traffic. I know some aren't particularly fond of the Casboult idea but just consider what it could mean for Ben King if he gets that kind of support from a big bodied key forward. It could make all the difference for us.
How are we going to fit him into our list though?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Casboult would be just emergency depth. BTW, his wife is anti-vaccination. It could get interesting with expected compulsory vaccination requirement to access stadium and facilities.

Last edited:

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nice to see we were discussing the Casboult rumour in this thread two and a half weeks ago and it was confirmed this week.

The latest rumour is Jacob Townsend has been spotted at the Broadbeach Cats. Perhaps he's been told privately that we're not retaining him and is gearing up to play QAFL footy with the reigning premiers next season? Big get for Broady if it's true.

🤞

IMG_4640.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Back