News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What club was he registered as supporting?
Hawthorn, yet he spent all his time trolling the Crows board.

Didn't have a single post on Hawks board!

Is this player worth 800?

Not a rhetorical question… genuinely interested what people think
Not yet, but he may be in a couple of years time. So we need to pay overs now and then just hope he develops as we all are expecting and then turns into that player that is worth that sort of money.

Remember when I think it was Burton (?) got reported and Rooch went out of his way to make sure he was suspended on some technicality the AFL hadn’t noticed.

The memory’s a little foggy these days but I’m sure that actually happened.

Flog extraordinaire.

Yeah, it definitely did happen.

Burton had carry over points that the AFL missed, so Rucci contacted the AFL "seeking clarification about it" and it resulted in Burton missing the Showdown.

Fast forward about 3-4 weeks and a Port player (I think it was Ebert) was in the same position and when people asked Rucci why he didn't also report it to the AFL he claimed, "It's not my job to constantly make sure the AFL are doing their job properly".

Any one of us could be Rooch.

We're going to need blood samples from every Crows board poster.

tumblr_os5p94sGKU1qmob6ro1_500.gifv
If you own a tracksuit made after 1986 then you are not Rucci.

So I'm behind on this stuff, how did you guys know it was Rooch? It's like when Sanders picks out alt accounts. I've never understood how people get a feel for that sort of thing.

I haven't picked up any Alex "vibes" for a while and it is somewhat concerning to me!!??!!

Sanders is the guru.

Based on his current body of work, most probably not, but we're obviously paying him based on his potential.

I have always had an issue with young players getting massive coin based on potential when they haven't earned it. What is there to motivatie a young player to improve and grow if they already have the carrot?

It's either going to be a master stroke or an unmitigated disaster.
You would hope that there is performance clauses in that contract.

He'd definitely still be on here somewhere

Last time i saw him he looked like a disheveled hermit so he clearly has zero social life.

He's goes home, eats his dinner for one and then sits on his laptop googling his name.

Part of me actually feels a bit sorry for him having such a shallow existence, but then I remember all the bullshit over the years that he's written and how he helped screw us over with Bryce Gibbs so the other part of me thinks nah he can go * himself.
Ive seen him a few times out in the CBD (wearing a Port jacket) and once got out of his car to to go to Nando's waiting to collect takeaway.

Was going to take and post a photo . :$

Like yourself, I kinda felt sorry for him. He was disheveled the times I have seen him as well. I get the feeling his personal life is pretty sad.

Is this player worth 800?

Not a rhetorical question… genuinely interested what people think

I highly doubt we’re paying him $800K; the media loves to over-egg every contract offer or signing.

Suns have apparently offered him $650K for two years - I’d say our offer is $700-750K over five, which is a crapload more.

Meanwhile Rooch claims $880K and KCornes says $900K and so every outlet takes that as gospel and imagines trade scenarios based on us having committed that much.

Remember when I think it was Burton (?) got reported and Rooch went out of his way to make sure he was suspended on some technicality the AFL hadn’t noticed.

The memory’s a little foggy these days but I’m sure that actually happened.

Flog extraordinaire.

He also went to the AFL back when we first drafted Dangerfield.

We had arranged for Dangerfield to stay in Victoria an extra year so that he could finish Year 12. We went to the AFL and got approval for Danger to play an extra year in the Under 18 comp and apparently Rucci went to the AFL "seeking clarification" on the decision and essentially trying to block Dangerfield from playing.

That's why I can't stand him, I don't care that he's a Port supporter it was all the deceptive attempts at utensil blocking the club behind the scenes (which he'd always deny) that pissed me off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I highly doubt we’re paying him $800K; the media loves to over-egg every contract offer or signing.

Suns have apparently offered him $650K for two years - I’d say our offer is $700-750K over five, which is a crapload more.

Meanwhile Rooch claims $880K and KCornes says $900K and so every outlet takes that as gospel and imagines trade scenarios based on us having committed that much.
Given we apparently have a lot of free cap space at the moment, could it be front ended? Ie a couple of years up the top end of that reported range, but less in the later years?

Given we apparently have a lot of free cap space at the moment, could it be front ended? Ie a couple of years up the top end of that reported range, but less in the later years?
Highly likely that the $4 mill over 5 years is correct but weighted to the early years when we are swimming in cap space.

In response to another poster, Rankine is not coming with performance measures on his contract, those are generally for loder players approaching the end of very naughty boys like DeGoey

He'd definitely still be on here somewhere

Last time i saw him he looked like a disheveled hermit so he clearly has zero social life.

He's goes home, eats his dinner for one and then sits on his laptop googling his name.

Part of me actually feels a bit sorry for him having such a shallow existence, but then I remember all the bullshit over the years that he's written and how he helped screw us over with Bryce Gibbs so the other part of me thinks nah he can go * himself.
You're clearly trying to invite another PM. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back