News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vic media getting up in arms about this is completely ridiculous. On Draft night Adelaide did everything possible to try and get pick 3 from Gold Coast to nab one of the SA lads.
He's available now so we're head hunting him, gold coast have known from the beginning that both SA clubs we're after them. The fact they managed to keep one is the staggering bit.

Media going ape s**t why would you leave a developing team and go to a s**t team for more money.
Wouldn't mind betting that we make finals again before Gold Coast do.
They only write such articles when its not a Victorian club involved. They were more than happy for Lynch to go to Richmond. Cameron to go Geelong. Its totally ridiculous.

Was McHenry really drafted to be an elite midfielder? Everything points to him being drafted as a small forward.

If you actually go back and look at who was drafted, there's not too many 'elite' mids remaining where McHenry was picked at, and the only one who we missed at the Jones pick was Butters....nless you are calling Xavier Duursma an elite mid.

Wow that makes it worse, we drafted a mid to play small forward with very little goal sense and used a first rounder on him. Should have kept Riley Knight

Also add Gerard Whateley's sum up of the teams going into round 22;

Adelaide – Ticking off the easy beats in a late rally.

So Carlton are now easy beats??
We also came extremely close to beating the in form Collingwood and apart from the worst qtr in history did ok against Sydney, all in the last month but that's all he can say.

And then you add all the camp pitch fork stuff [some warranted] but the history of the Vic players/clubs is just swept under the carpet. A friend was present on many of the Kokoda Hawthorn trips he says Clarkson terrorised the young players to the point of breaking [many did] an yet they and he were applauded. Not saying its the same type of camp but the hypocrisy is evident.

The Victorians are incredibly biased and so obviously invested in their Vic clubs being successful over any 'visitor'
Aren’t we the easy beats?

How many victorian teams have 2 or more flags in the last 24 years?
Hawks, Geelong, Richmond.
Thats it? Out of 10 teams.

Also the big 4 teams: Essendon, Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood have a total of 5 in the last 24 years. (3 of those being Richmonds 3/4).

In the last 24 years we have won ... Zero. None. Egg.

All of these teams have at least one:

Melbourne
Richmond

West Coast
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn

Sydney Swans
Geelong
Collingwood
Sydney Swans
Port Adelaide
Brisbane Lions
Essendon
North Melbourne

8 / 10 Victorian Teams.

The two that haven't ... Carlton, St Kilda.

Yep, I think we rate at the Carlton and St Kilda levels in terms of relevance to Victorian Supporters.

Aren’t we the easy beats?
Him and Robbo have both been incredibly hard on us the last few weeks. Some of it has been warranted (criticism of Ricciuto’s response), while some of it has been completely unfair. They’ve both gone hard at Silvers’ and Olsen’s responses, despite the fact that they had nothing to do with the camp.

The problem for them is they’re also supposed to talk about footy, and on field, for a young, rebuilding side we’ve had a great month. Lost to 2nd by a kick (would’ve probably won if we kicked straight), won 3 quarters against 4th, and beat 7th, followed by a win against yes, an easy beat, but was still in Perth, where we were yet to win. Add in the almost confirmed rumours of us getting Rankine and it’s actually been a pretty positive month. But that doesn’t fit the narrative of us being a basket case with s**t culture, so all we’re doing is “ticking off the easy beats”.

How many victorian teams have 2 or more flags in the last 24 years?
Hawks, Geelong, Richmond.
Thats it? Out of 10 teams.

Also the big 4 teams: Essendon, Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood have a total of 5 in the last 24 years. (3 of those being Richmonds 3/4).
Yep…

The viccos wont be happy until the crows have had a saints/dees 50 year plus premiership drought..

If our next GF comes up against the Saints, and if the saints still havent broken their drought by then, you can be guaranteed it will be #FreeKickSaints.. the AFL will do all they can to manufacture a saints win before allowing another crows flag..

Did they?..not how I recall it. We sat back and watched port work their way into the top 7 and end up with pick 5 to get their no 1 target Rozee. Now if port, who started with a much lesser draft hand, could do it, why couldn't we?
Our draft was only stronger for maybe the first day or 2 of the trade period, and given clubs tend to wait before making big pick swaps, we didn't have that much time to get in ahead.

Our draft was only stronger for maybe the first day or 2 of the trade period, and given clubs tend to wait before making big pick swaps, we didn't have that much time to get in ahead.
not sure I buy that

Port swapped picks 11, 23, 30 & 49 for pick 6 from Freo.

Is it hard to summise had we gone to Freo with picks 8 & 19 (much better than ports offer), we could have got pick 6 and then had 6, 13 & 16. With pick 6, who knows if GC would not have more seriously looked at cutting a deal OR maybe St Kilda if they knew we were not going for Max King. maybe picks 6 & 16 for pick 4.

That we didn't even try and get creative is what gives me the shits

Last edited:
Yep…

The viccos wont be happy until the crows have had a saints/dees 50 year plus premiership drought..

If our next GF comes up against the Saints, and if the saints still havent broken their drought by then, you can be guaranteed it will be #FreeKickSaints.. the AFL will do all they can to manufacture a saints win before allowing another crows flag..

I don't really buy into this.

Since 1991 West Coast have made more grand finals than any other team in the league, surely if there was some conspiracy at play they'd be just as much affected by it.

You make your own luck, sadly we've let ourselves down far too often in the past and the club has no one to blame but themselves.

Just quietly, it was an black mark on our recruitment and trading teams that we even still had pick 16 to use at the draft. It was a massive failure on their part that we did not hit that draft with a top 7 pick with 3 very highly touted SA lads in that top 7. You reap what you sow..so to speak
Why was it a hit on our recruitment team that we didn't trad the pick before the draft? They have nothing to do with that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him and Robbo have both been incredibly hard on us the last few weeks. Some of it has been warranted (criticism of Ricciuto’s response), while some of it has been completely unfair.

Remember when they spent 10 minutes arguing that Mackay just had to be suspended for the collision that broke Hunter Clark's jaw? I do. It was embarrassing.

Port got to 5 because we were spending all our time on trying to get 3, but Gold Coast wouldn't budge and Port snuck in the back door.

Port got 5 because they were tied in with trades that Freo and Brisbane needed to make for Hogan and Neale - and Port had seceral picks between 11-23 that allowed the other deals to unlock. Good positioning by them and some good fortune

We did try and get GC pick but they were already on the “select mates” program to try and stop people leaving so we’re always going to pick both Adelaide boys together (and the two VIC mates the year after)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

not sure I buy that

Is it hard to summise had we gone to Freo with picks 8 & 19 (much better than ports offer), we could have got pick 6 and then had 6, 13 & 16. With pick 6, who knows if GC would not have more seriously looked at cutting a deal OR maybe St Kilda if they knew we were not going for Max King. maybe picks 6 & 16 for pick 4.

hmm maybe but pick 13 turned into 16 and 16 turned into 19, which we traded.
Ou fourth pick ended as pick 24 but im not sure what it started as.

Since 1991 West Coast have made more grand finals than any other team in the league, surely if there was some conspiracy at play they'd be just as much affected by it.

You make your own luck, sadly we've let ourselves down far too often in the past and the club has no one to blame but themselves.
Are you suggesting the SOO rivalry between WA and Vic was equal to the rivalry and spite that the SA v’s Vic one?..

West Coast - with the way it has worked out - has generally played big teams or interstate teams in the GF and prelims.

We seem to time our run with the Dogs Saints and long suffering Richmond

Having said that I think we would be the disliked team in any contest unless it was Sydney or Port

not sure I buy that

I have been really critical of our recruiting through 2016-2019 but particularly 2018. An absolute wasted opportunity for us

However I have come to accept - like the camp - we need to move on from past mistakes. The last two drafts appear to be really good selections for us, recruiting quality talent seems to be improving.

So we can embrace the positives from the last two years or cling to the negative disaster years just prior to that

Time to move on

hmm maybe but pick 13 turned into 16 and 16 turned into 19, which we traded.
Ou fourth pick ended as pick 24 but im not sure what it started as.
It was. but at trade period time we started with 8, 13, 16 & 21 so they were the picks at the time of any trade. We used '8' and '13' on Jones & McHenry, traded '16' to Carlton in THAT pick trade so they got Stocker and 21 we grabbed Hamill?

It was. but at trade period time we started with 8, 13, 16 & 21 so they were the picks at the time of any trade. We used '8' and '13' on Jones & McHenry, traded '16' to Carlton in THAT pick trade so they got Stocker and 21 we grabbed Hamill?...and McAsey and Pedlar
EFA

Carlton were the media love child at 8-2 and were tipped to be making top 4 comfortably. Gerard even said they are the ‘best show in town’, but are now easy beats? Haha, he seems to be getting worse since joining SEN

I posted that I thought we were a fair shot against them early in the year. Our form lines matched up pretty well, we'd gotten close in a couple whereas they'd won. Not surprised they've dropped out of contention. That said, it's possible for a Melbourne side to finish 8th and get home games all the way to the GF. So I woukdnt be writing any of them off yet.

Did they?..not how I recall it. We sat back and watched port work their way into the top 7 and end up with pick 5 to get their no 1 target Rozee. Now if port, who started with a much lesser draft hand, could do it, why couldn't we?

Pretty sure it was reported that we did, but the price in was another first rounder on top of the 2 we had. And unlike Port, we wouldn't tap a player with value on the shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back