Please elevate Schneider to senior list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps Schneider was deemed to have gotten the best out of himself at such a young age, hence the rookie listing, and now the delisting. If clubs don't see upside and growth, then they're not going to list or persist with players.
you really know your stuff brother Echols.... :thumbsu:

The one thing that has crept into the AFL in the last few years is the search for the 'perfect' athlete.

It is the case with many sports throughout the world.

Too many people are looking for that next absolute superstar with massive amounts of athletic ability. The kids with the flat out footballing ability are being looked over because they are smaller/weaker/slower etc.

Am I right that you are suggesting that someone whose ball winning abilities are severely compromised but a good athlete would get the nod over Schneider whose running ability is severely compromised but is a good ball winner?

In my book, neither get the nod.

Our next midfield generation need to be better rounded players - ball winners and good athletes so they can run defensively. Not exploited when we dont have it. It was one of the reasons we lost the grand final.

Am I right that you are suggesting that someone whose ball winning abilities are severely compromised but a good athlete would get the nod over Schneider whose running ability is severely compromised but is a good ball winner?

In my book, neither get the nod.

Our next midfield generation need to be better rounded players - ball winners and good athletes so they can run defensively. Not exploited when we dont have it. It was one of the reasons we lost the grand final.
Sewell and Mitchell can both be considered in that mold yet they have both made a good career out of their footballing ability and 'lack' of physical ability. I think Schneider should have been given a go at the highest level considering his NAB cup performances were good for such a young player.

I think what annoys me the most about this delisting is that we get rid of Schneider yet keep Frank who I don't think will ever make it and Osborne who is past it and will only get one maybe two more years out of if that.

Sewell and Mitchell can both be considered in that mold yet they have both made a good career out of their footballing ability and 'lack' of physical ability. I think Schneider should have been given a go at the highest level considering his NAB cup performances were good for such a young player.

I think what annoys me the most about this delisting is that we get rid of Schneider yet keep Frank who I don't think will ever make it and Osborne who is past it and will only get one maybe two more years out of if that.

I have some sympathy with your spirited championing of Schneider's cause however I think he would be better at another club who have fewer midpaced small midfielders than we do. By the time Sewell and Mitchell retire Schneider will have spent too long at Box Hill to develop his football career. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere.
I don't believe it is valid to compare him to Osborne, Frank or Grimley for that matter but you may have a point if you were to compare him favourably to Woodward, Hallahan, Anderson, Shiels, Bruest and Rioli all of whom are potential young midfielders with whom he would be competing.

Sewell has a defensive side. Different type. Can tag and ball win. And he has a very different build.

Mitchell in a different class too and was at box hill as other experienced posters have pointed out too. He would genuinely get the ball at every stoppage. He was a freakshow. Tommy not in the same class.

I think Tommy is different to both of the above.

I am ok with the clubs decision. When I sit at games and watch Tommy run when he doesnt have the ball I wonder how he even was drafted. The next level up would be far more brutal for him.

Poor list management has forced Schneider out more so than his perceived weaknesses. If Schneider is so floored god help the rest of our players that represent box hill and could not poll more B&F votes than him.

Poor list management has forced Schneider out more so than his perceived weaknesses. If Schneider is so floored god help the rest of our players that represent box hill and could not poll more B&F votes than him.

Seriously? It really makes me laugh that there are people on here who actually believe that they know better than a dedicated list management team.

Seriously? It really makes me laugh that there are people on here who actually believe that they know better than a dedicated list management team.
If the club wanted to get rid of Schneider they would have told him so in his end of year review. It was only that another player became available (a player needed in 2013) that forced the club to move Schneider on. I don't claim to know more than our list management team so not sure why you laughing.

I'm disappointed Schneider wasn't seen as good enough to crack a spot in the ones (last year or any time soon) but for all those who keep harping on about the BH B&F, maybe cast your minds back to the Gardiner Medal winning Simon Crawshay. Let's not forget that it might be the next best thing but the VFL is still a LONG way off AFL standard.

If Schneider is so floored god help the rest of our players that represent box hill

I think the club thought he lacked a bit of polish, and were concerned that the bigger sized AFL midfielders might just walk all over him.

He's probably feeling a bit cold and flat at the moment after the draft went past...

I think the club thought he lacked a bit of polish, and were concerned that the bigger sized AFL midfielders might just walk all over him.

He's probably feeling a bit cold and flat at the moment after the draft went past...

No doubt he has limitations and unfortunately our squad needed one more player in 2013 for midfield depth (Simpkin) and one less developing player (Schneider). AFL is very cruel as it would have been great to be able to give him another year to develop and improve and maybe even see what he could do at AFL level. It is also cruel on supporters who have to watch talented players be let go because they are squeezed out due to a reduction in rookie spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iirc most on here said trading Kennedy was a big mistake at the time, so sometimes we do know better.

Iirc most on here said trading Kennedy was a big mistake at the time, so sometimes we do know better.
Kennedy wanted to be traded. HE ASKED FOR THE TRADE. The club wanted to keep him.

Kennedy wanted to be traded. Schnieder didn't want to be delisted. Big difference there.

I heard a rumor he has signed with Vermont in the EFL, I hope this isn't the case. If he doesn't get picked up he should go to the SNAFL or remain in the VFL, he is too young and too good a player to give up on a career already.

Feel for the bloke, but having seen a little of Simpkin, I think he is a better bet at this stage, with our window wide open and potentially slamming shut in the 3 years time.

Agreed. It's very much a horses for courses policy - Simpkin will play 7-12 games this year you would think as a chop out for the other mids whereas you couldn't reasonably expect that from Schneider.

Kennedy wanted to be traded. HE ASKED FOR THE TRADE. The club wanted to keep him.

Kennedy wanted to be traded. Schnieder didn't want to be delisted. Big difference there.
DONT CARE...We shouldn't have let him go...Mitch brown wanted to be traded as well...did West Coast let him go ? what about Ryan o keefe ?? I get it ,,,Kennedy wanted to be traded...but I don't careee...it was the biggest mistake for which no one has been held accountable and most probably cost us the premiership!!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back