Please elevate Schneider to senior list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has won Box Hill B&F, he is the natural in and under grunt midfielder to take over from Sewell and Mitchell.

Prey we don't do anything stupid and let him go, has absolutely proved himself over the past two years.
I like Tommy, but I don't think it's that cut and dry. We already have Hallahan and Woodwood on the main list.

I'm not sure we can go with a 3rd young inside mid who's not particularly quick or hard running.

If he is added to the list, I'll be as happy as anyone here, but I'm certainly reserved in thinking that we need to do it.

D
I like Tommy, but I don't think it's that cut and dry. We already have Hallahan and Woodwood on the main list.

I'm not sure we can go with a 3rd young inside mid who's not particularly quick or hard running.

If he is added to the list, I'll be as happy as anyone here, but I'm certainly reserved in thinking that we need to do it.
do you think Woodward will play R1 2013 straight into senior team??

Do you think Woodward will play R1 2013 straight into senior team??
It's possible. The word getting about before his knee injury was that he was only weeks away from getting a sniff of the real stuff. Vey highly regarded is Woody.

It's possible. The word getting about before his knee injury was that he was only weeks away from getting a sniff of the real stuff. Vey highly regarded is Woody.

What's the extent of the knee injury?? Is he likely to be up and going round 1 2013??

Hopefully Schnieder can come on as we all hope he can

Yep, the footage I saw of him reminded me a little of Luke Ball.

If he becomes half the player, we should be very happy!

What's the extent of the knee injury?? Is he likely to be up and going round 1 2013??

Hopefully Schnieder can come on as we all hope he can
He's fully recovered, as far as I know. Will be getting a full preseason.

There's always going to be a question mark on him for that though, 1-2 years on a dishwasher salary could hardly be upset if it doesn't work out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, let's get 20 games into him and just when he shows signs of being first 22 trade him to Sydney for Pick 46 and a downgrade on a third round pick.

Who would be first in line for a game out of Tommy and Hallahan on their 2012 form? Don't get to see much BH unless it's on telly

I think he will get upgraded because the Hawks FB showed his highlihgts today and said this
"Congratulations to Hawthorn listed player Tom Schneider for taking out Box Hill's best and fairest. Could we see him running out for Hawthorn next season?

Check out video highlights from Tom's excellent season:"

I think he's borderline tbh, would be happy to keep him on the rookie list for 1 more year if that option is available to us.

Sadly I feel Tommy S is looking like a great player at the wrong time for us!

Cant think of anyone he would replace in the 22 which means he may seek an opportunity else where and IMO he will become a very solid inside mid!

May as well merge this thread with the selling Kennedy for peanuts thread cos if we dont upgrade him it will be a similar result as kennedy!

I think for the NAB cup we should give Schneider, Woodward and Hallahan as much centre square time as possible and let them fight for their spot. Heard good thigs of Woodward and Schneider and Hallahan were impressive for Box Hill from all reports so I don't see the point in letting them run around in the ressies the whole time when guys like Mitch, Sewell, Burgers, Hodge (seems as though his body is about 3 years older than him) are entering the twilight of their careers

Unfortunately Mitch and Sewelly are in the final years of their careers and having players like Schnider, Woodward and Hallahan on the list to learn from guys like Mitch and Sewell only makes sense to me. He deserves his spot and even a chance at senior footy at some stage. Go Tommy!

Tom had an exceptional season, especially the first half but I think he is in a tricky spot where he needs to add some size without losing any pace. I also think he needs to find the ability to spend some time up forward and kick goals similar to Ben McGlynn in his new gig.

Ultimately, if I was Hawthorn I'd be telling him to try and play like Leigh Adams - a player that turned VFL talent into an AFL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back