Please Explain

Remove this Banner Ad

Daphne

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
I have been reading the notes about training etc, and I want to know if a team that trains really hard in their pre season (Melbourne, Nth etc) runs the risk of burn out by mid season. RickChick did you see the Melbourne teams train last pre season? and if so who would you have thought was the best trained then?, was it the Bombers?. I remember Wayne Carey saying a couple of years ago that he thought the Bulldogs may not be able to go the full distance as they really hadnt paced themselves and had put in a really hard pre season. Obviously the Kangas know what they are doing but I am interested to know what everyone else thinks

oh my god u should have seen Dees and Essendon last pre-season mate they were unreal. We went to an Essendon intra club match and it was like 40 degrees they trained first then played a real long match and they took it so seriously like it was a grand final it was amazing no wonder their season turned out so well i wish id put some money on it early on.

Then Dees well yep they trained very well last pre-season too but are even better this pre. I remember last year much of their emphasis was on their diet and eating properly in the hot weather and not getting drained in the sun too much etc etc

I think the trick is to prepare properly for Ansett Cup and games early on in the season by not avoiding the heat and training too early to escape it all the time. I remember every session of Saints last pre season was at 8am or something then come Ansett Cup some teams just cant handle it and cry for the ice vests.

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk:
their emphasis was on their diet and eating properly

More beer?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dunno about reducing body fat any quicker than normal. In fact its probably easier to reduce body fat in winter when the body has to metabolise quicker to maintain sufficient body temperature. All that sweating is just fluid loss. The body fat would be reduced purely from the exercise undertaken, regardless of heat. But there's no doubt it FEELS better to have done it in the heat and it might be a mental thing to have the guys feeling positive about their training. Thats just my spin on things...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back