Please, somebody put The Simpsons down

Remove this Banner Ad

The show generally didn't rely on over the top gags and was the best written show on TV in the earlier years. I re-watch episodes that I watched as a kid and laugh at things I didn't understand back then. It really was a show for both kids and adults.

The quality of the show from seasons 2-8 (the show was still quality up to seasons 10-11) still makes it the best TV show ever. They could put out even more crap for another 10 seasons and that wouldn't change.

Watched Lisa Gets a Pony or whatever it’s called today.

This was mastery of TV. Everything about the episode is just pure genius. What I wouldn’t give to see just one newish episode highlight the same things.

"Lisa's Pony"

tenor.gif

Thread is 10 years old, Simpsons is ten years older.

Think I stopped watching around when the thread was started. Still probably quote lines from the show more than any other.

Some classic stuff back in the day.

The beautiful thing about the first decade or so, I reckon, is the show's heart. Alongside the brilliant comedy, they would also give us drama, sentimentality, raw emotion - a reason to care about the characters. In the few episodes I've watched in the last eight or ten years, I've barely seen a skerrick of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back