PLEASE TURN UP THIS WEEK

Remove this Banner Ad

I will turn up every week, but I please ask that the players turn up this week.

I actually felt embarrassed to be wearing our colours on Friday and it’s been a long time since I felt like that going to watch us play.

It felt so deflating to hear people in the stands laughing and mocking our team.

Let’s hope we see an improved effort this week and something to cheer about.

Seats secured and ready to roll in with the usual hope that “this is the day”.

We really don’t have too many opportunities to see home games right now so I take it as a given that anyone who’s able to go turns up.

Not all will of course as every club has a less committed element among their supporters but I wouldn’t ever miss a game unless unable to attend and I’ve made sure that ethos is drummed into my kids for the past decade too.

A plea to all NMFC fans , please get to the game this week .
let's show we are not bandwagon fans , a good showing of 20 thous. would shut the haters up.
I for one am more nervous about the crowd figure then the result itself.
I will bring ppl with me, my sister, niece , two nephews, brother in law , will attend there first game of the year. bring ur mates .
fingers crossed for 20 thousand .

if nothing else ur motivator to show up should be to shut the ZERO game legend and authority on life and football Caroline Wilson up .

Are you starting a separate thread of the same name for the players?

Got the 7 family tickets. Annoying I can still only get 6 in a row. Been easy to sneak the other person next to us so far.

Nah man you're stuffed this week. The reigning interstate wooden spooners on a Sunday afternoon?

They call these blockbusters for a reason.

I usually attend in a group of 6 - myself, my partner, my two boys and a mate with his son. My boys are away interstate with their mother this week, and my mate and his son are away in WA this week. Me and my partner are going. I did book all 6 tickets still, and will try to bring some people with us.

As soon as we stop playing on a Sunday I’ll be there, but as a coach of a junior footy team, and more importantly, an involved and supportive parent of 3 boys that are passionate about playing footy - the Sunday time-slot doesn’t work.

Happy that our 4 memberships are effectively a donation to the club, but would much rather be there watching and supporting them as well as handing over my hard earned

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's been decades since I was involved in junior football, but back in my day, games were played all weekend depending on what age group you were in. Is that not the case anymore? Is junior football only played on Sundays now?

Got my tickets J.R.

Might even drag out me '98 pre-season jumper on a cold day.

View attachment 1095630
Nice! If it's cold I'll get around in my long sleeve 2005 clash jumper. Seeing as we lost by 10+ goals every time we wore it on field, I'm super optimistic that this will be week the curse will be lifted from this guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been decades since I was involved in junior football, but back in my day, games were played all weekend depending on what age group you were in. Is that not the case anymore? Is junior football only played on Sundays now?

All Sundays now - at least out East (EFNL) - Under 8s are from 9am, through the U17s (which I coach) starting at 2.45pm. U19s are a part of the senior club, but they are Saturday mornings

All Sundays now - at least out East (EFNL) - Under 8s are from 9am, through the U17s (which I coach) starting at 2.45pm. U19s are a part of the senior club, but they are Saturday mornings

Grrrr I play U18s NFNL (I’m a top ager) and they are gonna be in the afternoon which I’ll miss a couple of games but I’ll turn up late if I have to

Imagine the feeling of being at THE GAME that we win this season. Holy sh*t i would lose it.
I know from speaking to some old timers that our only win of the 1972 season was celebrated like a premiership.

Fun facts: within two years of a one win season, we were playing in a Grand Final and within three years, we'd won a flag.

You'd be better attending AFL 1st quarters and playing the last 3/4 of your own game after that.

Nah hahaha I’ll play, kick 3 then leave then play for the mens and show Kayne Turner how to not be a dud

I'll be there this week but won't be admitting it to anyone.

Unlike last week I won't be wearing North attire in case you want to say hello.

I was wondering how that worked out making yourself so easy to find last game. Was a big call.

So you were in fact identified and swamped by the other 12 North people in your Bay? Must have felt overwhelmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back