Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Welcome to my 2019 Draft thread. As I do every year I'll put my disclaimer up; I don't get to watch as much Under 18 footy as guys like Knightmare and D_P_S so I'd listen to them over me.

My First rankings for the year are below, note Flynn Perez is in red as he has done his ACL so most likely won't play this year

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Phantom Draft Round 1
Round 1.PNG

Last edited:

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
You've missed Jackson Mead who is a first rounder according to a number of clubs at this stage. Also no way Sladojevic goes that high unless he has an amazing year. Dylan Stephens will end up the first kid taken in SA I think as well. Although Taheny has some truly freakish abilities.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
You've missed Jackson Mead who is a first rounder according to a number of clubs at this stage. Also no way Sladojevic goes that high unless he has an amazing year. Dylan Stephens will end up the first kid taken in SA I think as well. Although Taheny has some truly freakish abilities.
As a Victorian my exposure to SA prospects is limited, will be rewatching U18 SANFL games over this next month

Mike Dawson

Debutant
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm watching a smokey. Jack Allen. WA. Late to footy. Overager in the state 16s last year. 194cm about 90kg but can run, jump and kick goals.
I've been told he'll play Colts this year.
Developing quick.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
As a Victorian my exposure to SA prospects is limited, will be rewatching U18 SANFL games over this next month

Don't reckon you'll need to do that but it is clearly up to you. However, the new games will be on in a few weeks and they'll obviously provide a better indication. Might be worth watching of some of the SA kids the year after because you will have to get to know their names. SA is stacked for the upcoming 2020 draft at this stage.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
2019 June Rankings

Have been absent due to work/school/personal football commitments, looking forward to the rest of the champs to get a better bearing of players
View attachment 689208
What were your thoughts on the WA v V Metro team? Partly asking because your rankings are dominated by Vic Metro kids (11), yet only 3 from WA. All the WA players seem to have slipped in your rankings compared to your February ranking too. L Jackson and Henry the surprise omissions for me.

Robertson and Rivers also looking like bargains at the draft positions you have them considering their input in that game.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
What were your thoughts on the WA v V Metro team? Partly asking because your rankings are dominated by Vic Metro kids (11), yet only 3 from WA. All the WA players seem to have slipped in your rankings compared to your February ranking too. L Jackson and Henry the surprise omissions for me.

Robertson and Rivers also looking like bargains at the draft positions you have them considering their input in that game.
Had these rankings pencilled in before the WA v Metro game, but definitely some movers from both sides. As a few have mentioned in their own rankings WA games are hard to come by for Vic based people so I struggle to rank them in comparison to Vic kids until after the champs.

Jackson and Henry both impressed and were sitting just outside of my top 30 as it was, so have pushed in after that performance, also really liked what I saw from Taylor so he'll be likely to push in as well.

Metro is a weird situation because they're a very strong team on paper but seem to have issues gelling at the moment

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
View attachment 699153
Most recent rankings, a lot of movement representing the strength of WA. Note that my last ratings were late April so some players have moved drastically
Where did you get their heights and weights from? Some significant differences from what I've seen listed elsewhere.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Where did you get their heights and weights from? Some significant differences from what I've seen listed elsewhere.
Most are from the beginning of the year with the exception of players fresh to my top 30, which were taken from the team lists on AFL website.

Who in particular have I got wrong, I'll fix it when I get time

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Most are from the beginning of the year with the exception of players fresh to my top 30, which were taken from the team lists on AFL website.

I don't know about wrong, but O'Neill and Rivers are taller than I have seen listed.

Do you have a link to the website.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Looking at the State team listed heights, you have many players wrong.

Rowell, Young, Anderson, Robertson, Rivers, Stephens were the ones I piked up on early.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No room for Maguinness in your top 30?
Had a good last game but hasn't done a whole heap more to impress me over others in there, if he can carry on the form from the Allies game into the latter half of the year he'll definitely make his way in

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
View attachment 699153
Most recent rankings, a lot of movement representing the strength of WA. Note that my last ratings were late April so some players have moved drastically
Best draft I’ve seen this year.

It’s amazing that WA wins the championship, yet other mock drafts have so many Vic Metro kids and only a few WA youngsters.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

Post Champs/ July rankings, not a whole heap of big movers but a fair bit of shuffling inside the top 30. Expecting Byrnes to climb back up with an injury free run at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back