Draft Watcher PMBangers 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 995859
Post finals two round phantom, I have no idea how accurate any of this will be. It's weird that as the year has gone on I've become less confident with what I'm putting out in general, trying to predict how many and which vic kids will slide is ridiculous and can be highlighted byt the varying rankings of a guy like Eddie Ford (although I'm pretty sure I've got him higher than anyone else) some have him around 20, some around 30, some not even top 40, this is causing me to go back through footage and try and see what I'm missing but I end up liking him more. In a similar sense I've been trying to find what's so likeable about Archie Perkins, I think he's got great characteristics but don't see him as any more consistent than Ford, ah well. I like to think I half got these picks based on needs and best available, with FA compo it'll be interesting to see how it changes things.

i would personally take Phillips and maybe roll the dice on Kaine Baldwin if i was head recruiter at Hawthorn, but thats a decent result for the Hawks if it all works out :)

i would personally take Phillips and maybe roll the dice on Kaine Baldwin if i was head recruiter at Hawthorn, but thats a decent result for the Hawks if it all works out :)
I admit I considered the Phillips route with the possibility of Neale/ Callow at your second, but I'm also assuming you guys spend some time down the bottom and midfielders are at the top end every year, someone Thiltorpe's height with his athletic profile isn't, better to snatch that up and begin developing him rather than wait for a 'more perfect' option

End of Season Top 60
PMB's Top 60

So this'll be my final rankings release for the year, pretty happy with it overall and not a whole heap of guys missed out that I felt could be realistically pushing in (guys like Borlase, Newchurch, Clarke, Cardillo and Josh Green being the main ones). It's going to be an interesting draft, there's around 10 in here that I don't think will get drafted but on performance I think should.

1-30.PNG
31-60.PNG

within the ranges of 10's there was a lot of flip a coin calls, especially that 20-40 region there's some that I have towards the bottom of that range I wouldn't be surprised to see at the top of that range for other watchers. I'm pretty optimistic about this draft, I think a lot of these guys could become those 20-30 on the list types even towards the bottom of my rankings. Heights and Weights should all be correct, maybe 1 cm or kg out here and there

PMB's Top 60

So this'll be my final rankings release for the year, pretty happy with it overall and not a whole heap of guys missed out that I felt could be realistically pushing in (guys like Borlase, Newchurch, Clarke, Cardillo and Josh Green being the main ones). It's going to be an interesting draft, there's around 10 in here that I don't think will get drafted but on performance I think should.

View attachment 1004603
View attachment 1004604

within the ranges of 10's there was a lot of flip a coin calls, especially that 20-40 region there's some that I have towards the bottom of that range I wouldn't be surprised to see at the top of that range for other watchers. I'm pretty optimistic about this draft, I think a lot of these guys could become those 20-30 on the list types even towards the bottom of my rankings. Heights and Weights should all be correct, maybe 1 cm or kg out here and there
Did Josh Eyre make it due to combine results, or for other reasons?

Did Josh Eyre make it due to combine results, or for other reasons?
Combine results played a part for sure, I don't hate what he's already produced as a base level of performance, and his testing suggests there's plenty there to be a good KPF at the next level with the right development, it's a similar reason for Fyfe as well, I like him athletically, what he's shown in the QAFL has been impressive from my viewing so a club that backs their development of youth should get a bargain if they're selecting him around that region

Archie Perkins at #30 is a surprise, to me anyhow.
Yeah certainly one against the grain here, no doubting his athletic ability or scope but I have a few question marks on his inside work and numbers for a midfielder, granted he was one I really wanted to watch this year and I feel he would've risen for me if games were played, but again that 20-40 region, particularly 20-35 was coin flips throughout

Great read, do you think Campbell Edwardes can get drafted?
Althletic forward
Edwardes I doubt gets picked up, interesting prospect at his height and position, I see him more a winger than defender or forward in the future, his production for that just hasn't been at the level that usually sees players get drafted, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a look in next year

Gonna wait a week or two before putting out any phantoms now, thinking there'll be more pick movement in the lead up to the draft than we've seen previously, a club like Collingwood seem likely to try and push up to secure a KPP like Reid or Cox, where in their current spot they probably don't get either of those guys.
Pretty happy from a GWS point of view with the amount of picks we have, I'd like to see us package a couple and move for a first round pick next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any good small forwards projected to go late first round?
Bailey Laurie is the most obvious one not club tied, depending on how late the first round goes Corey Durdin, Jack Ginnivan and Charlie Lazzaro are guys that'll play that role and wouldn't be a big reach.

Gonna wait a week or two before putting out any phantoms now, thinking there'll be more pick movement in the lead up to the draft than we've seen previously, a club like Collingwood seem likely to try and push up to secure a KPP like Reid or Cox, where in their current spot they probably don't get either of those guys.
Pretty happy from a GWS point of view with the amount of picks we have, I'd like to see us package a couple and move for a first round pick next year
Pies 2021 first is for sale right now. They’ve all but outright said that’s their intention.

Pies 2021 first is for sale right now. They’ve all but outright said that’s their intention.
It'll be interesting to see who bites, Essendon make sense with their last of the Top 10 picks, Gold Coast could even be interested if there was some more involved (Future 1st and Pick 16 for 5, 27 and 37 would make sense for me). The movement prior to and during the draft I think will be at an all time high, GWS are expected to move up as well, Melbourne might be eyeing off a move up higher as well

If they wait until next year, Brisbane could offer their future 2022 first round pick, plus two 2021 third round picks for points for Daicos and Diab.
I think the pies have the attitude this year of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. They want to get as much talent in as they can and start developing. They’ve said they rate this draft, so it would seem the plan is to attack it as hard as possible using what we currently have and our future first to trade in/up this draft.

If they wait until next year, Brisbane could offer their future 2022 first round pick, plus two 2021 third round picks for points for Daicos and Diab.

Collingwood probably doesn't have access to Dib next year now if the first 2 rounds are NGA protected.

Even he makes it outside the 2 rounds, the discounts have been increased if they fall outside the protected rounds, meaning points aren't as important anymore for NGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back