Draft Watcher PMBangers 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I wish they did, I don't think my rankings have an actual impact on the outcome of the draft, certainly not bad athletic testing and granted I'm largely basing this off Twomey saying Ford is a 30+ pick, but i just get a feel hes ome that'll go 3rd round, similar to Curtis Taylor
I wouldn’t base your opinion on someone else’s, especially twomeys.

I wouldn’t base your opinion on someone else’s, especially twomeys.
Twomey's word a month out from the draft is better than anyone else's

Twomey's word a month out from the draft is better than anyone else's
Really? His top 15 is spot on, like every draft watcher in the country. His next 15 is usually quite different to how it actually drops. He didn’t seem to get the inside word on georgiades, Philp or dow last year or figured out no recruiter was taking Bianco inside 40

Really? His top 15 is spot on, like every draft watcher in the country. His next 15 is usually quite different to how it actually drops. He didn’t seem to get the inside word on georgiades, Philp or dow last year or figured out no recruiter was taking Bianco inside 40
🤷‍♀️
Can you suggest anyone else that'll have the level of info he does? I'm critical of him as well but unless I'm hearing from a list manager otherwise I'm inclined to believe him

🤷‍♀️
Can you suggest anyone else that'll have the level of info he does? I'm critical of him as well but unless I'm hearing from a list manager otherwise I'm inclined to believe him
All recruiters never have 100% universal view, like us on here, he might talk to 2 who are not big fans while 6 others he doesn’t talk to are. We’ll wait and see draft night but I feel a lot of his ranges on players this year will be way off. Was only a couple of weeks ago he was saying Poulter was 30+ (you have him going at 18) aswell and I don’t think that’s accurate at all.

We’ll wait and see draft night but I feel a lot of his ranges on players this year will be way off.
Fair enough, I'm curious to see how a guy like Ford/ Rosman/ Kolar go, have their obvious upside with some concerns (Ford consistency, others actual lack of opportunity) I wonder if clubs go for safer picks this year? Will be fun to watch unfold

As much as I wish they did, I don't think my rankings have an actual impact on the outcome of the draft, certainly not bad athletic testing and granted I'm largely basing this off Twomey saying Ford is a 30+ pick, but i just get a feel hes ome that'll go 3rd round, similar to Curtis Taylor
I hope both you and Twomey are right and Ford just slides all the way to Richmonds 2nd pick

If Coleman does get bid on before our pick who do you see the Lions targets late in the draft?
It would depend who's available but I'd assume any remaining rucks would receive consideration, young rucks are something you guys aren't particularly overflowing in so having a development project there would be good, and I'd probably like to see someone that could play as a winger in the future join the lions as well, a few that could fill that role in the academy or a guy like Harry Sharp might be available late for that role, hard to say for the lions as you guys are pretty well set atm

It would depend who's available but I'd assume any remaining rucks would receive consideration, young rucks are something you guys aren't particularly overflowing in so having a development project there would be good, and I'd probably like to see someone that could play as a winger in the future join the lions as well, a few that could fill that role in the academy or a guy like Harry Sharp might be available late for that role, hard to say for the lions as you guys are pretty well set atm
Brisbane Lions already have 4 ruckman on our list in Big O Archie Smith Ballenden and Fullarton not to mention Joey Daniher not sure why everyone thinks we need a ruckman

Brisbane Lions already have 4 ruckman on our list in Big O Archie Smith Ballendan and Fullarton not mention Joey Daniher not sure why everyone thinks we need a ruckman
Of those guys McInerney is the only one I'd be confident with as a Number 1 Ruck at AFL level, it's fine to have depth and guys that can run through the ruck but if you don't have someone developing to replace Big O it leaves you with (assuming Archie Smith is delisted soon, because he's not AFL standard) 3 KPP players that should only be chopping out for 20% of a game at most, and even Big O is suspect as a full time ruck. I think every club needs 1 or 2 younger rucks at any given time, we saw this trade period how far a club will go to ensure they have a decent number 1 ruck, it's negligent to not have contingencies

Brisbane Lions already have 4 ruckman on our list in Big O Archie Smith Ballenden and Fullarton not to mention Joey Daniher not sure why everyone thinks we need a ruckman
Smith will be delisted.

Ballenden doesn’t look like he will make it as a ruck.

Fullarton is not a ruck. He’s more likely the successor to McStay, and will pinch hit in the ruck. Even the club has said this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith will be delisted.

Ballenden doesn’t look like he will make it as a ruck.

Fullarton is not a ruck. He’s more likely the successor to McStay, and will pinch hit in the ruck. Even the club has said this.
Looking at this years draft there’s no ruckman I would be confident in drafting Fullarton is a Ruck/forward someone who I would be willing to give time to Big O was first ruck for the whole season with a Pinch hit from Martin you are honestly pushing the ruckman heavily but this years draft isn the year to do that

Looking at this years draft there’s no ruckman I would be confident in drafting Fullarton is a Ruck/forward someone who I would be willing to give time to Big O was first ruck for the whole season with a Pinch hit from Martin you are honestly pushing the ruckman heavily but this years draft isn the year to do that
I disagree, outside of Thilthorpe I'd be comfortable taking Neale in the second round onwards, and Heath, despite me not seeing too much of him, has a lot of big wraps to suggest he'd be a relatively safe pick as well

I disagree, outside of Thilthorpe I'd be comfortable taking Neale in the second round onwards, and Heath, despite me not seeing too much of him, has a lot of big wraps to suggest he'd be a relatively safe pick as well
Any Ruckman we draft will take 3 years to develop if ever Rucks are the hardest position to get right I honestly prefer to not draft a specific position this year Do you have confidence in Neale and Heath making a massive difference in 3 years

Any Ruckman we draft will take 3 years to develop if ever Rucks are the hardest position to get right I honestly prefer to not draft a specific position this year Do you have confidence in Neale and Heath making a massive difference in 3 years
Neale I can see playing from his second year, not necessarily as a full time ruck but his athletic attributes give him a good base to start as a tall forward and gradually increase his time in the ruck from there. I haven't seen much of Heath so I can't say with any certainty whether he'd have an early impact, but from what I can tell he's moreso needing size than any fundamental skill improvement which is promising for a younger ruck.

Neale I can see playing from his second year, not necessarily as a full time ruck but his athletic attributes give him a good base to start as a tall forward and gradually increase his time in the ruck from there. I haven't seen much of Heath so I can't say with any certainty whether he'd have an early impact, but from what I can tell he's moreso needing size than any fundamental skill improvement which is promising for a younger ruck.
What helps their development is the new VFL/EC league so they be up against some of the best developing ruckman who knows what Conole want to do in this years draft he’s thoughts may have changed since the new Conference was announced

PMBangers do you think GWS will take Josh Green? Or do you think they won't want two of the same, and admittedly Tom Green is much better option.

PMBangers do you think GWS will take Josh Green? Or do you think they won't want two of the same, and admittedly Tom Green is much better option.
Tom and Josh are different in play styles and positions, Josh plays much better as a third tall defender than a midfielder given he's probably a bit faster and a better mark than Tom from my observations. I doubt he gets a bid in the National so should be a simple rookie listing for us

Josh Green is a Tall Defender, not a contested mid like Tom Green.

Tom and Josh are different in play styles and positions, Josh plays much better as a third tall defender than a midfielder given he's probably a bit faster and a better mark than Tom from my observations. I doubt he gets a bid in the National so should be a simple rookie listing for us
Josh Green is a Tall Defender, not a contested mid like Tom Green.
I just recall he had a run through the middle in the game before the 2019 Grand final and looked similar, but looks like GWS will snaffle him anyway.

I just recall he had a run through the middle in the game before the 2019 Grand final and looked similar, but looks like GWS will snaffle him anyway.
He played midfield in the games v Swans academy mid year as well, he's not bad as an inside mid but certainly I feel his talents are better utilised as a defender

1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds (plus a West Coast pick) up on page 1 here, hard year to get, I'm confident of the first round up until Richmond, then it sort of goes to s**t in the sense of I have very little clue who goes where, but that seems to be the theme of this draft, nothing has been consistent and changes with everyone you as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back